Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

A Tesla employee told somebody that one of two things will happen. They honour the deal or cancel. That to me says if they wanted they could have gone the route of honour the mistake. Meaning it was a possibility, instead they went for the cancellation route.

in the long run I agree that they will just ignore you and continue as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

The interesting bit of the email is "We recognise a number of customers have placed new orders for these vehicles.". What does that mean? Someone else ordered the same car with the same VIN already? Or are they poorly trying to say that for "some people" these orders were not for showroom cars but for new cars? Can't make sense of what that's supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ars and elbow come to mind...🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

I wonder are they dealing with the Tuesday fire sale today and the Wednesday fire sale people tomorrow. But all that been said from all of us nearly a week to be contacted about the mess and how they let it happen on the Tuesday and then again on the Wednesday is just mad from such a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭antfin

I imagine that all of the cars were UK inventory and they can't just land a car in the UK and then ship it to Ireland post-Brexit. So the VIN may have been assigned initially based on them mistakenly uploading a UK batch to the Irish site because the automated process then continued as though it was a car in Ireland. If they fulfilled the order they would need to source the same spec cars for Ireland rather than just shipping the car with that VIN from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Well there we are, I have the email from Kelly and only my original Model 3 remains :(

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

I ordered Monday and haven't been contacted yet, assume they are working through the list one by one. Anyone else with their orders still intact?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Presumably someone applied the showroom discount incorrectly to those cars. They had two options to resolve it;

- Engage individually with the "flash sale 80" and try to come to some agreement on price (perhaps meeting somewhere in the middle or to ensure the grant gets utilised for those over the threshold)

- Unilaterally cancel everything with an erroneous email. Leading to general frustration / annoyance / confusion all round.

That's the long and the short of it imo 🤷‍♂️

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

And they took the second option and pissed everyone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭antfin

Just to clarify, in relation to the roll of the CPCC, it won't get involved in individual cases and negotiate a dispute resolution. It may however act on a complaint or a pattern of complaints to bring enforcement action against a company for breach of legislation, which results in a fine and not a remedy for an individual consumer. If the CPCC decides to not prosecute the offence it also has the option impose a penalty of €300 for mispricing.

Either way this would cause a headache for Tesla even if there was ultimatley no fine imposed in the end and we all know how the media loves to pick negative Tesla stories. They've made a big mess of this and it shows that they need to seriously focus on the admin side of the business.

• Advertisement

Has anyone replied to the cancellation email and actually got a reply?

I don’t care about the cancelled car to be honest. I am fortunate to still have my original order so nothing lost really. I’m more concerned at the fact without actually walking into the store I can’t actually get a hold of anyone in sandyford on the phone, email or txt to discuss my original order. At least with a traditional car dealer you can at least speak to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

I was in Sandyford today and made the point that, if the LRs plus colour plus 19” go over the grant threshold, would they not run the risk of them sitting there. I was told with no grant in UK, they will just sell them there. Both my original order and the “fire sale” one are apparently in Zeebrugge.

So have they an update to the delivery window? April 19-may04

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

If the cars are in Zeebrugge, then the window of Apr 19th-May 4th is definitely achievable.

Great thanks

Hmm I wonder if the mistake made was that they were allocated to Dublin in error when they should have been allocated to the UK instead?

That would certainly explain the showroom adjustment.

Now all Tesla have to do is re-assign that allocation as UK cars and sell them with (or without) the adjustment.

It will be interesting to see if those cars pop up on the Irish site soon. If not, then we'll have our answer.

Does your original order have a VIN yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hatrackman

Is it just the discounted orders being cancelled or is it case that all inventory orders from last week will be cancelled?

Was happy enough to secure an order with an earlier delivery, never mind the discount. Ordered Y RWD MSM with Gemini.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Yes, I expect an email though.

Yes I’ve both VINS for both cars. Same delivery window April 19 - May 04

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

I still have the LR on inductions and RWD on inductions on my account and no email.

But I expect it to come through, if it does I'm going to also cancel the RWD. I've been now geared up for the dual motor LR and with the disaster that this Tesla Vision I'd rather hold off and reassess when HW4 comes to the Y.

Our 2019 i3s is still a fun car to drive and it just flew the NCT so all good.

• Advertisement

Lucky you! My original MY LR order from Feb 19th still stuck with generic Apr - June

Mine went Feb-March, then July-Sept and last week to April-May. M3s may be on a slightly earlier boat since the last one was full of MYs.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Same here. Jan 14th order still stuck with Apr-Jun. The order agreement disappeared so asked support to fix it for me.

For great cars they make (allegedly) the support they provide is absolutely horrendous. Also shows with the growing customer base they should, maybe, invest a bit more in Ireland

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mine still there now and money I sent by Revolut today just got added to my account.

If anything I’ll use this order as a savings scheme 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Just got the email and my order is cancelled. I was fully paid up. Originally ordered the same spec on Jan 23rd but never got a VIN for it.

When i spoke to Tesla on the phone previously they recommended if I see an inventory car to order that and contact them to cancel the original order.

I did that. So now I have no car and nothing is in inventory. As much I was happy with the price reduction I'm still happy to pay the original price but I have a feeling I'm out of luck and won't be getting a car in this batch either.

Any idea where the car with the VIN I had paid for is now? Just assigned to next in line?

I'm passing sandyford tomorrow and I'm going to drop in.

I live to fight another day Kelly if you reading 🖕

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I feel for you guys, especially those who cancelled existing orders. They've managed to piss off allot of customers over the past 6 months or so.

☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Yup, the people who cancelled orders should be put back into their spot in the queue if they want their original order back. Obviously Tesla will not do this.

• Advertisement

Try not get too down on it. There’s more cars coming and I guarantee you there are cancellations and spare stock on the boat.

Advertisement