Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

It suits their purposes to keep the EDD close

Its anti competitive, people forgo the competition because the Tesla is just around the corner.

If you asked many people who ordered in December would they wait till June, a large proportion would say "hell no"

Tell them Feb-Mar and spin a line about phantom boats landing soon and hey presto VW didnt sell you an ID4 in Jan etc

In software its called vaporware .. Microsoft did it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Nobody knows exactly how the system works. Least of all the Tesla staff so no point asking them anything.

But essentially from my experience they don’t do proper expectations. They just chuck the next ‘delivery phase’ as your EDD. That next phase is April-June so it shows on your account, but you have no chance of getting a car in that window. Sometime early July, they’ll change it to like August-September, but you likely won’t make that one either in my opinion. Then you’ll be looking at 2024.

They don’t have the sophistication (or perhaps desire?) in their estimates to say - LR Black with a tow hitch, available next week but LR Black with no tow hitch - literally 100s of people waiting on this type of car, wait time very long. They just lump them all together with same EDD.

You’re just in an unfortunate spot that you’ve ordered the car half the country has ordered, but they’re filling boats with a load of specs that nobody wants so the list ahead of you isn’t clearing.

They haven’t yet cleared the first day of orders since the price drop for Black/Black and you’re 20+ days behind that…

The only hope you have is somehwere in the chain, there’s joined up thinking and someone says ‘we’ve a tonne of demand for black and white MY LRs in Ireland, let’s ship a boat of them over there’…but I think everyone on here will tell you the Tesla Ireland staff will be too busy licking windows to do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Also where the hell are all these cars with vins assigned not in the uk so were told no boat at sea nothing loading in Shanghai and been delivered in two weeks or so something does not add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

Funny you should say this. We were looking at an Ioniq 5 and we went with MY as the delivery date was “sooner”. The Ioniq 5 wouldn’t have come till July and we went with Tesla so we could get the car with the full grant.

Assuming what everyone has said is true I am mildly annoyed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

I've basically learned all of this over the past 4 months. I was being told multiple times that I'll get my car in March, even though I now know there's probably no chance of getting it before September or maybe even next year.. Indeed the last people you should ask about is are the Tesla folks.

I am genuinely surprised that if you check out Tesla as a first time customer you don't get the impression that it is this bad at all. Are people really just sucking this stuff up and not talking about it? + the fact that they tell you the order fee is non refundable, even though it is.. could have placed an order days earlier instead of debating if it's a good buy

• Advertisement

You should call Tesla and tell them how annoyed you are. They really listen and care about their customers concerns so you’ll get lots of sympathy….

Genuinely though, sorry you’ve been duped by them. That sucks.

I think the tide is turning on Tesla in Ireland. Not sure what they’re like in other countries. But as long as they’re making great cars at cheaper prices than everyone else, they’ll get away with treating their customers like ****…unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

If you want an earlier delivery date for a MY I’d suggest ordering the RWD with any colour other than white or black. Orders over the last two days have been assigned a late April/early May delivery date. There’s still a chance some are still available in that window if you play with the configuration, might need to try white interior.

If April/May is all sold there’s a high chance of getting a delivery before end June IMO, and a small chance of bagging a cancellation from Apr/May. I personally will be cancelling one order that’s been assigned a VIN for Apr/May once I get 100% assurance from Tesla that the other car I’ve ordered is ready. Cancelled orders get reassigned to someone in the queue who has ordered the same spec.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

Just a friendly reminder for recent buyers that our predecessors on this thread had created a tracker table. Please feel free to share your order: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1utcJ27tXEDNnZXo8hBS1WQpGcl1XBdJRqpQjaSIiJyU/edit?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

Yeah they get creative with the excuses this is what I got in 2021

Tesla Update- Due to changes in the current specification of the Model 3 which will result in a higher range of 491 KM WLTP , the delivery time frame of your order has now shifted to accommodate this product change to ensure you have the up-to-date version. The updated estimated delivery window is now February. If you have a question about your order please email DeliveryIE@tesla.com.

Pile of pony!!

Did they same with model 3 but luckily kept in contact with Hyundai dealer and the ioniq 5 arrived first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

So are we saying that 100% I should not need to be signing anything a few weeks after car collection regarding the grant. I certainly did not in a previous car (another brand).

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

I would say ring them direct but you can’t 😆😆

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭antfin

I signed that form for the grant and returned it by email the day of collection of the car. Seems like another admin error on their side if it wasn't sent to you before collection. If you didn't sign it before collection the easiest thing is to just sign and return it.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

Ordered MYLR White/black interior on 10th Feb (grant qualifying). Originally had an EDD 19th April to 10th May. This turned into generic April - June a few weeks back, and nothing since. No VIN.

Have tried to ask Cian in Tesla Douglas store a few times about shipments and deliveries, but he either has no information, or doesn't want to share it if he does! When I originally ordered, he "guaranteed" there would be a car before the grant change in June. 🤷

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It drives back to the garage when your sleeping!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

Hi All

only ordered yesterday morning a MY grey RWD. Just reading through this now and I fear I have made a mistake due to the delivery waits I am reading. I am financing through finance Ireland so hope that gets sorted soon as I have been told on the phone I won’t have an issue. Do I assume that I won’t get a VIN from Tesla until that finance agreement is in place.

i have been back and forth for weeks with a Tesla and a ioniq 5…should I have went ioniq I don’t know yet….

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Halpo99

I updated my MY RWD to blue and got a VIN immediately with delivery date April 25 - May 10. Should I pay fully now or wait until I've been given an actual delivery date? Just reading all the comments above, given I have a VIN and a request for payment I assume I can expect a car in the timeframe? Right? Or do people still think Tesla will cancel these orders??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

@BlueUmbrella I was told pretty much the same thing. This is my first time dealing with Tesla, and initially was impressed with their approach (to be honest, any staff i have dealt with so far have been helpful and polite), but the longer this goes on the more disheartened I'm becoming! I was about to put an order for another car, but (literally) just prior to signing went to try a Tesla, and i was sold. Ordered a M3 in Feb (RWD blue/black) and was "guaranteed" delivery before the end of June "because of the plate change and grant reduction".

currently I'm in that generic "April - June" timeframe, but with all I'm reading here, it doesn't sound likely that's the case (and no VIN yet.... even tho I see posts here saying folk are ordering cars last week/this week and being assigned VINs straight away.

I'm just holding my breath and hoping for the best. I'm now not expecting a June delivery, but if it happens I'll see it as a bonus!

Go with both your 250 euro will be refundable, if ioniq 5 delivery is delayed or not visible delivery date you should be able to get money back there. I did that with VW when delivery was delayed in June 2021.

Key to getting an EV in current market is don't put all your eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Tesla certainly don't seem to make it easy to get in touch with them or to get a straight answer.

Out of curiosity, though, with people putting deposits on multiple cars and cancelling some of them, does that not muddy the waters further? E.g. If, for every 3 orders 2 get cancelled, would that not lead to an oversupply of unsold stock. If Tesla know that's going to happen in the Irish Market, would that have a bearing on why they seem to bring 1/3 of the required RHD stock to Ireland and create a vicious circle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

EDIT -- Duplicate post

Post edited by Fingleberries on

I would say thats happening across Europe (due to distance selling reg which is EU reg I think, maybe not for our Brexit friends) but more of an issue here because of lack of supply.

This multiple orders approach has really only evolved for a lot of buyers in the last few months. Everyone seems to be doing it now, but bit of a win for Tesla as the can show inflated order books but maybe not such a win on deliveries.

RWD shouldn’t be as difficult to get as every combination of spec is viable. You could get one quickly.

The delay is likely to be particularly pronounced for the LRs as everybody is ordering the exact same 2 out of 100+ combinations of car for grant reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

see .. you can bring those dates to the bank!

They should really replace Eddy, Afolabi and Houssam with a bot that just tells you to F off and closes the chat.

It would be equally as useful and more cost effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

And in Little Britain manner ask the survey question at the end: How did you find the support:

Great

Awesome

F-in Awesome.

BYE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭_aurora_borealis

You will receive an email with payment instructions from Tesla. I received that 3 weeks before delivery as I had a confirmed delivery date by then. You should submit payment within a few days of delivery as they won't register the car until full payment/finance arranged has been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

In fairness I was with Houssan yesterday morning, I asked so many questions about EDD that they decided F this and just closed the chat and left me hanging LMFAO.... Grade A customer service right there. I then rung them at lunch time and was talking to someone in the UK. After we spoke there was this weird awkward silence for literally 5 solid mins. Then she perked up with " So what did you want to know about your order" .. I was like " Eh .. that's it you said you were checking something for me. I only have 1 order.. we spoke about it at the beginning of the call" .. the reply I received was " Oh yes, i remember now. Thanks god bye" .. hung up. I'm convinced Teslas selling model has turned them all into mindless zombies

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

So i learnt how VINs are assigned at manufacturing of vehicle and not around time of ordering :) you learn something new.

While Model Y's are built in the Berlin factory? are the RWD ones built there for UK and IRE or still in China?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

I had the exact same experience with someone there a few weeks back, after I asked a question there was silence for 3/4 minutes. She knew I was there and I knew she was just saying noting so we sat it out like some sort of silence off. Think she was happy enough with silence rather than take another call.

Advertisement