Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Surely if the car isn’t registered new in your name, the €5K grant cannot legitimately apply to you. I’d be concerned that you’d end up liable to pay back the grant money if SEAI did an audit. I’d suggest you pick another colour combo of rwd that gets you a VIN match for a new car off the April 19 boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

There doesn't appear to be any other M3 RWD on a boat. I have another on order just sitting with no Vin.

If it was already registered, wouldn't the grant have already been drawn down under the first owners name?

I asked him to confirm the 48,671 which he did and that's what's on the agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Pre reg = second hand. I had that stunt pulled on me years ago (not told it was pre reg) and was mighty pissed off - even though I'd bought it at a €5k discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It doesn’t add up for me. If car is new and the original sale fell through, they could deregister it and reregister it in your name. Apply the grant correctly to your order etc. As recent weeks have shown, you can’t believe much of what Tesla staff tell you to be correct. If you’re hellbent on buying it, maybe use the reg to contact the previous registered owner to find out the real reason that the car is in inventory. Why does it not have a showroom discount ? Maybe the registered owner was not a private buyer? For me, too many red flags to spend nearly €50K without being sure.

Open to correction, I think dealers have a week to change the registration of a new car to avoid an extra owner being added. I had this with my ID4 where the dealer registered the car on March 31st to hit targets and then transferred the car to me on April 1st to avoid the March tax (a tenner, but hey I'll take it). So perhaps in this case they went beyond the limit to change without adding an owner? Either way it's essentially a second hand car. 6km on the odometer also surprises me - most of the recent crop have been delivered with 20+ on the dial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I've received a trade-in quote from Tesla and there is credit applied to my order. It does look like this credit is too high as they clearly forgot to include outstanding PCP on vehicle. Is this something they would solve on delivery day?

Did you send in the settlement letter? The credit on my order was net of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Any idea how long it took price cuts to hit Ireland last time? Month or so?

This will bring all the Model Y colours and Wheels within scope of the grant which could help clear backlog a bit for people currently at the back of the massive Black/White queue.

I did not because finance is not settled and when asking them for trade-in valuation I have gave them information about outstanding finance.

They'll need a letter from your current finance company stating the settlement value and will then reduce the trade in credit. When are you collecting? IIRC they'll only ask for it within 30 days of collection. The settlement value is usually valid for a few weeks but note that Tesla will require you to agree to pay the next installment if it's within 14 days of collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

EPA Range on the Model Y AWD is 279, Model Y LR is 330. LR Looks like a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Neighbour rocked home with a Red MY LR … bloody gorgeous!!! I’m well envious…this wait and not going is a killer …BRING ON THE VIN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

Clearly you will have to fund the Tesla account before the car will be released to you. I doubt very much whether this could be achieved on delivery day (not unreasonable) bearing in mind fund movements through the banking systems and the subsequent allocation to your individual Tesla account.

You know what has happened here and in order to avoid disappointment you are best advised to address it well in advance of delivery. FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

Yeah, paid a deposit on a Y rwd in October and the price dropped to 47k in Jan. The order agreement was updated to the new price shortly after which was great.

Collected in March and very happy with it. Few small niggles like the paint protection bubbling and some interior scratches on a door panel that'll need replacing. Have a service request logged and they'll call out to the house.

Post edited by TMY on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Thats annoying. Bloody Elon ay? I read somewhere that the staff in Ireland are great but as a brand they have some issues that need addressing. I bought a Polestar and the whole experience was excellent. I think they are the first brand to try what Tesla are doing in Ireland. 47k is such a great price for that car. I really like the model Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Quick question : When tesla assign VIN do they send the information over SMS or E-mail? Because i recently booked a car from inventory which i have cancelled because it was listed as New but it wasn't. So i never got an text or E-mail that your purchase has been assigned with a VIN number.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

No they don't. When you are assigned, it will be hidden in source code for a while & eventually appear in your account online/app closer to delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

The Polestar 2 is a great choice. We took one for a test drive in October and really enjoyed it but with a large family we needed the extra space in the Y. The build quality was excellent and I think they nailed the look with the design, it is really something special. If they had managed to bring the price with the pilot lite and plus package below the 60k grant, it would have been a serious contender for us when ordering. What colour did you go for?

I checked the hidden vin in source code it still says isNotMatchedToRa00Vin : false. So i believe will have to wait more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

I can't think of anyway to contact the registered owner using the reg, .........legally at least 😂

If the car is new, with little to no miles on it, then I can't see any direct reason not to take it 🤷‍♂️ fair enough it's the same price as ordering it brand new and waiting etc. But that's about it.

I suppose I just don't understand the circumstances surrounding the reason it's available! Although they could be perfectly normal

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

Hi,do you mind if I ask when did you order the car? model?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭n.d.os

Yes, I think for the main family car the Tesla makes more sense. We have an ID4 Pro Business also.

I didn't tick any boxes on the Polestar and got it in 12 days. I went with a standard range single motor in Magnesium. I think all the colours are quite strong with Polestar and a lot of my cars previous were black or grey so I decided to try out silver. As you said yourself, it's a good looking car and the lighter colour compliments it well.

Initially I thought it would only work as a second family car to commute to work but the more I'm in it I appreciate it's not as small as I initially thought and we use it a bit for family runs. Its a nice car on the motorways with a lovely cockpit feel but I think with a young family a Model Y is a lot nicer place to sit. You have the benefit of huge back seats, a flat floor and a nice airy interior for the toddler farts. I wonder would my wife consider one in a few years time? 47k for so much car is a bargin. 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

I thought red was 2.3k 🤔

I have 2 orders for M3 RWD, one was placed in 26th Feb and another one was placed on 13th March. The later one i created was to play with and see if the order can be filled quicker from inventory. So i keep changing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

red pushes the MYLR over the grant threshold, so it's 2.3k + 5k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

I'm assuming as soon as the VIN is assigned the Edit Design option goes away, even if you haven't been notified yet?

Tesla refunded 250 deposit on my cancelled order, Kelly emailed me on Monday.

• Advertisement

Advertisement