Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

Wow really didn’t know that, cool thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Question. What does a MY come with nowadays?

Do you get the "granny charger"? Floor mats? Phone charger cradle?

Basically, does everything Tesla sell as an accessory not come with the car (or are some of them spares, if you get me)?

Thanks

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Phone cradle is built in, always was.

It comes with mats, always did.

Comes with granny cable, always did.

Comes with type 2 cable (32a/3Ph), always did.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

You get Granny Charger, Floor Mats, Charging Cable.. Car has wireless phone charger integrated into centre consol for two phones (works a dream),

Don’t forget the parcel shelf 🤭🙏

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That’s “now” standard.

Wasn’t always there 😃

I had a little wobble in the Dundrum carpark today, I walked past the Grey MY and I was like damn it does look good with the tint…I had to talk to myself saying no the Blue will be grand…more grown up like 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

My VIN for Blue/Black MY RWD is 72xxxx. Delivery Apr 10 - 25 but Kelly assured me the earliest delivery would be Apr 19 FWIW

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I have to ask, what actually pushes people into AWD EVs and why do people pay so much for the larger battery in cars when essentially you are only gaining 100km of range at best? I understand it with something like an ID4 where the 55kw battery doesn't offer much range but a bog standard Model Y is perfect considering very few people will require more than 200km of range in any given day. The price differences with some brands are astronomical for a bit of extra range and AWD. A lot of car brands change nothing else about the vehicle apart from maybe the Germans. Just curious really as I travel 160km per day and have no need for a larger battery or AWD. Is it a range anxiety thing combined with a bit of car enthusiast for the four wheel drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Got a fresh VIN today. 75xxx. Delivery date down as April 25th - May 10th. Not sure if that’s the second boat, the same boat others have VINs for but the latter half of the window, or just a delay in that boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I think everyone that has a car in the next boat has "25 Apr - 10 May" as their EDD.

I'd be surprised if they brought the delivery window forward unless perhaps your car is in a lot in NI or something

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

The difference in performance between an LR and a RWD is very significant. 7s to 60 vs 5s (4.4 with performance boost?). In a BMW 5 series for example people will pay 100 grand for similar additional performance an M3 might give over a 330d.

I drove a VW Golf for many years and I can’t tell you how many times I would have paid a lot more than 7k for an upgrade to a GTI.

To me, a fairly minor €7k that you’ll largely recoup on resale anyway seems a complete bargain. And that’s before you factor in extra range (personally wouldn’t care), faster charging speed and safety net if 4 wheel drive.

I’ll probably be forced to take a RWD as LRs are hens teeth it seems, but to me I can’t understand why anyone would do so by choice unless really constrained by budget. Different perspectives I guess, which is why it’s good to have choice!

Post edited by DataDude on

Fair enough. If money isn't an issue then I suppose it makes sense. For me, EVs are so fast anyway I'd have no need for the extra power. The weight of them never made me consider a FWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Nope, finally got an Irish person on the phone today. Given absolutely 0 confidence whatsoever a Jan 14 LR order would be delivered any time soon so gave up on it.

RWD VIN in under a minute. Not what I wanted but need a car now. Hopefully in future there’ll be ample stock of second hand Teslas so I never have to deal with that shower again.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

LFP recharge cycles + less degradation of battery over time.

Charge to 100% continuous

Battery stability

7k cheaper

This.is reason I went for RWD

Yeah, 7k is a lot of cash. What's the real world range of the standard vs long range battery for the model Y? Owners perspective?

what combo did u get…don’t say grey/black RWD 🙈

Cheers i was contemplating going for a RWD Y but I have the added complication of already having a M3 LR (white/black) and a VIN window of 19th Apr - 4th May.

Decisions, decisions! Why no confidence in a Y LR order coming before end of June? Something someone said in Sandyford?

PS. What spec did you order in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

For me it’s all about range. AWD, 0-100 time don’t play a factor.

I have a thought in my mind that says “buy as much battery as you can cause if you need more in the future upgrading is a pain”. Is that an incorrect frame of mind to have?

I’mopen minded though so if there is a strong argument please help me out.

We are a young family who don’t drive much day to day but intend to spend large mounts of time driving around ireland during summers, mid terms, etc. The long range on the car is to give peace of mind on those trips.

are we thinking wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

What spec? We’re seriously considering giving up on waiting on our M3 and just going with whatever MYs people are being allocated

I don't really understand the notion of battery stability of LFP vs NCM / NCA to be honest.

Agreed that the LFP seems to be safer and tests show that you can't really get it to catch fire. However, given that NCM batteries are still around 7 times less likely to go on fire when compared to ICE, i would think that it is a moot point overall.

Degradation is a factor alright, but unless you are planning to keep the car for 10 years or so, again it's not something to really be concerned about. Also, the LR battery has a decent buffer to help with perceived degradation too.

Can't argue with 100% continuous charging and 7k cheaper though 🙂

Just some absolute rubbish about cars not being allocated based on date of order and there’s a very complex system behind it.

I was actually standing behind another guy and his wife in the queue who were told the exact same thing so must be the new Tesla go to line for their staff to avoid questions of delivery.

He had same order initial as me in, he was also the one who gave me the idea to order RWD although the Tesla staff member insisted to him that he wouldn’t get a RWD anytime soon either….

I quote:

‘you’d think there’s just a list of base LRs orders and we’re working through it one by one?’

’yeahh I would think that…’

’it doesn’t work like that unfortunately. So in theory September could come and some person who ordered in August gets car before your January order’

’cooool…’

I know I should have questioned it more but honestly anytime someone from Tesla speaks words I want to walk out in front of traffic so I left and ordered the RWD.

Blue/Black (with a tow hitch)

I'm more thinking if it's worth the extra money with something like a Tesla where the car is essentially the same except bigger Vs smaller battery. With the Germans they offer upgraded lights, interior and extras with the larger battery models. I don't think Tesla do this but I could be wrong.

Jesus it's such a mess!!

You'd also think that they'd be able to say, we are expecting 25 Y LR in white and 20 Y LR in black (for arguments sake).

Then they could check the number of current orders and prioritise based on order date, in which case they could tell you that 'you are order 17/20 MY LR in Black so no need to worry, its coming'.

Hardly beyond the realms of possibility is it? 🤔

You’d think.

Have designed some of the most technologically advanced cars in the world but yet to master creating a list it seems! Anyway, to me it was worth compromising on the car to end the sheer misery of being in the Tesla sales process. Hopefully nearing its end, although who knows what grenades they’ll have for me before now and collection.

Desperately need something soon. Driving holiday planned this summer and really don’t want to be doing it my old banger!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Some reasons and they are all first world issues! :

1. 350km real world when towing is 175KM real world, charging when towing is a PITA and AWD is safer especially when towing
    2. Camp mode shuts off at 20% battery
    3. Explaining to your mates you gave a lift to that your 47K new car has to find a charger to make it back from a golf trip to the west is not worth it!
    4. Oh you forgot to charge last night and you need to make it to X and back ?

Hahahaha yes, they have the fancy cooling systems and BMS along with best app and general tech but they can't tell you jack about an order or where your car is now if it is en route.

Nice one on the Blue / Black RWD. I'm sure it will be a great car and that spec was actually my original order from 22nd October 22 when they dropped from 65k to 53k.

I was totally happy with that one until they dropped the LRs under the grant and I switched then.

Edit: double post

• Advertisement

Not an owner yet but ev database has good numbers for realistic ranges under different conditions. They also have a headline 'Real Range' number..

MY RWD 345km;

MY LR 435km;

So a 90km difference or to look at it another way a 26% increase in range with a 30% bigger battery.

Advertisement