Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Did they mention when the deliveries start? 19th is next week… some even have April 18th 😆

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There’s a telegram group that alerts you to new stock. But it’s slightly delayed and no point at the moment as there’s tons in stock and you can order online.

I can’t link it here. Maybe the author has to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Thanks,

It's funny as I do absolutely tiny driving for most of the year so the RWD would be fine.

I did quite a bit of planning with ABRP and the RWD is a couple of hours extra (which is not huge) but it's also a much less friendly itinerary, it's about 12 stops vs 7 in the LR and a lot of stops about 1 hour or so apart. One thing I liked about the Kia EV6 last year and the Tesla LR would be you're stopping about every 2-2.5hrs for about 20 mins while booting it along the French motorways at about 135kmph, it fits with the natural cadence of when you'd want to stop and for how long. I think the much shorter stop/start of the RWD might be annoying. You can do it with less longer stops also, but you're stopping for 40+ mins a time which again is longer than you'd want.

I'm also hoping to use the car for trips into Italy with the family on board (the mad 2000km 48 hour trip was done with a friend and no kids) and again I'd lean towards the bigger battery for less charging time with cranky children.

If it wasn't for the long European driving I'd be all over the RWD (it's far better value for more or less the same car, I've no need for performance etc) but for long range driving I think the LR would be quite an upgrade. I also know that while now the €7k saving seems great that while I'm waiting that extra 15 mins every time at the charger I'd be thinking the opposite, why didn't I just pay the extra etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Not sure where you're getting the "RWD = 40mins, LR=20mins" from.

LR charge rate of 250KW is theoretical. Actual rate is about 205 so say actual LR users.

Also, after a few years if you haven't been restricting your LR charge to 80% or so, your battery might have degraded to the RWD anyways at max.

Of course, for long journeys if it's worth it to you then it's the car for you.

But for that 1 trip a year? To each their own I guess

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

In the same few years the RWD will also have degraded. To what degree, we don’t know yet. And either do Tesla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 yadubasra

Seine Highway arriving on 14th at Dublin Port from Zeebrugge. Could this be carrying the Teslas as I have an estimated date of 19th April - 5th May?

Possibly.

I came across a post in the tesla forum yesterday that suggested tesla are opting for usability over longevity with the LFP battery to make it worth while with the lesser range. The video posted above tonight reviewing the efficiency was done in 22 degree weather. So who knows.

they use the 4680 pack in the RWD in America.

Was it not suggested the delivery for that window was from the uk?

It was in Southampton on the 1st and then moved to Zeebrugge -> Sweden-> Finland -> back to Zeebrugge and now heading to Dublin.

• Advertisement

That could explain why it took them so long to move from the uk to Ireland which should be quick enough but it’s been 2 maybe 3 weeks of no news since the vins released.

VIN was assigned to me on the 29th so I have a good feeling that it’s carrying the cars from UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I shouldn't have gotten my deposit back then, I feel better knowing that 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Well, it is generally accepted that LFPs are more resilient than NCA batteries and are expected to have a longer life span. Tesla and other manufacturers say so.

Other cons of course though. My point was that depending on how an NCA is treated an owner could find it close to or about the same as a 100% LFP after a few years.

The graphs here are interesting: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/battery-range-degradation-graph-22-mylr.282172/

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

That one trip might be 40% of the annual mileage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

It really would be.

It's funny I can convince myself of either argument. On the one hand it's madness to pay €7k extra to save a few hours driving around Europe in the summer. On the other I've yet to regret having the bigger battery option in any EV and going from EV6 to the RWD Tesla would be a bit of a downgrade in terms of battery size/range/charge speed. I won't keep it long enough or do enough mileage that I'd be worried about battery degradation, I tend to swap cars every 1-2 years. Already eying up the EV9 as possible car after the Model Y:)

Let's hope Tesla drop the price of some of the slightly over the grant LRs in the next few days and I can get one of those and end this madness!

Don’t get too excited. Tesla will refund you after a test or demo drive. I have done the same and they refunded me without quibble as posted above.

Test drive and order done through the same account so no mixing and matching.

Page 5 also states the following “this Agreement was entered into by only using means of distance communicaiton (such as online or over the phone), you may cancel your order up to 14 days after delivery of the Vehicle or after it is made available for you to collect.”

The important part is “this agreement”. You only enter “this agreement” by ordering online. So you were never at risk of loosing your deposit. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you didn’t get one over them on this occasion unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

No didn't get into it - but didn't seem imminent!

Thats why I was asking about jumping on one of todays inventory cars - but he was saying wouldn't arrive any quicker!!

He mentioned how many people had done that recently and are/were disappointed , I assume he was talking of fire sale - so wasn't encouraging any of that kind of behaviour 😉

So hard to get useful accurate information as you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Could you not just give me one win!!! I'll have to stay here b*tching then 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

according to this, LFP more resilient over the lifetime of the car but will drop in the early years practically as fast as the standard battery especially if charging to 100% all the time as recommended ( start at 8:29)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

Do note that Bjorn completed his tests in ideal weather conditions (Thailand climate) but you still can't go wrong with a Tesla in terms of efficiency. The built-in heat pump in all new Teslas makes a huge difference for our Irish winters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Why are you misquoting the order agreement? It seems from your, and others experience Tesla will issue a refund regardless if you’ve test driven a car. However, the order agreement has a get out clause for Tesla if they wanted to pursue it.

This is the actual quote from page 5 you were referring to:

”Only if you (1) are a consumer; (2) legally own your Vehicle; and (3) this Agreement was entered into by only using means of distance communication on (such as online or over the phone), you may cancel your order up to 14 days after delivery of the Vehicle or after it is made available for you to collect.”

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

I’m not misquoting anything.

I excluded 1 and 2 because it’s plainly obvious that if you are returning the car, 1) you’re a consumer and 2) legally own the car.

3) is the important part for refunds after collection and it make’s no difference if you test drive or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

According to Eddy on Tesla chat the April19-May4 cars are enroute from Shanghai and not coming from the UK, unknown name of boat

One week out from the EDD and all up in the air still

You omitted the most important part of that sentence “Only if..”. Tesla can refuse a refund under the terms of the order agreement as outlined in my last two posts, but they choose not to.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

Look at Page 3 “Cancellations”.

I don’t believe they can refuse a refund based on the wording and proved by them giving refunds.

In Ireland the only way to order a car is remotely online so you are always entering the agreement by distance selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

Have any of the firesale 80 who paid more than the €250 deposit had the money land back in their account yet? Kelly said 5-7 working days.

I don’t think either of us are contract lawyers so happy to agree to disagree on the interpretation of the order agreement.

Bottom line is Tesla are providing refunds of all deposits, which is good news for consumers 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

I received my deposit and part payment I made for the M3 I ordered and i cancelled. I also received €250 for what looks like the firesale MY but I had paid this in full so still waiting on a good chunk of change.

Advertisement