Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

So let me guess... Typical "let's rip off Paddy" BS again

Ah, come on. I think that's a bit unfair.

Yes they have made mistakes lately, but we are a very small RHD market. A few things I liked with Tesla was the lack of add ons and clarity of pricing (Once you got the hang of it😊) They are one of the few manufacturers that are fairly competitive world wide with pricing and you can easily check what other countries pay with their local taxes and rebates.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

You are not missing anything. mod 3 pricing was reduced and is as you state

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eankuba

I do tend to agree with you there. It’s actually cheaper than a bmw x1 which is wayyy smaller suv in terms of boot space.

gla will be even more costly with similar specs. Also they did pass on the reduced prices to me and also let me change config for free. That is fair.

Although I am more concerned about their horrible looking vision based parking. I really wish they improve it sooner rather than later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Ended up cancelling my order for an M3, a change in circumstances. All grand until I asked for a refund of the deposit, and was told it was non-refundable. I mentioned distance selling legislation and 2 seconds later, no problem deposit will be returned.

I think it's a poor show that they will try to keep the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

To be fair, you are most likely going to be dealing with the uk customer service and once you know that there is legislation there to cover it, you can get your whole 40+ grand back if you so desire. Right up to collection day and for 14 days afterwards aswell. (Minus a small fee for mileage)

Try that with VW,Merc, Ford,Toyota etc... see how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Anyone got M3 rwd vin assigned recently? If yes what combination you had? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Return policy they have is good. But still not sure it excuses lying to customers about their legal rights and hoping they aren’t aware of it? Sounds a bit sketchy to me.

Also, don’t buy the UK/IRL thing. If you choose to operate a business in a country it’s your obligation to know the local laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Somebody posted during the flash sale they mentioned that Tesla said anyone returning a car would be liable for vrt and wouldn’t get the full amount back.

not sure if that was a random statement made or if that’s legally binding

• Registered Users Posts: 24 mcalgur

I got an email yesterday confirming that the price reduction will be applied on my order which is great.

I’m getting a white M3 LR - not an inventory car.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Yep, was Irish CS telling me was non refundable until was tipped off about distance selling regs on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I think they are very good at some things, like passing on reductions to anyone who has an order yet to be filled. They are a bit sketchy in the regard of the deposit not offering to return it until you mention the law.

They could improve upon this easily enough and train their staff a bit more, it took the agent no time to agree to refund the deposit once I mentioned the distance selling.

Hope this helps anyone else who needs to cancel an order.

I will buy another Tesla from them in the future, great car, really loving my M3 so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

The discount across other countries in Europe/Singapore is 5% for model Y LR/SR is around 2K .. there is no reason to not apply it here.

and please stop comparing to other car prices here because this is not the point, the M3 was already competitive before the price cuts in Ireland.

When every other country in Europe had those 5K end of quarter discounts it was not applied here as they dont have local inventory, fair .. what about the new cars!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

It's a business they are running not a charity.

In Ireland demand is high for Mod Y RWD and MY LR both of which are aided by availability of SEAI grant. In contrast Mod Y Performance had a huge step up (not grant eligible) and it is no coincidence that they chose to adjust this pricing and it makes full sense to me. Discounts across the range of Mod 3 also make sense as the gap between pricing for Mod 3 vs Mod Y was negligible and we can see from this forum how many people cancelled their orders for a Mod 3 and switched to a Y. The refresh for Mod 3 is also more imminent with changes being carried out to production line in Shanghai.

Tesla are no fools when it comes to pricing and adjustments are made from time to time balancing supply, demand and production capacity. Pricing for all cars differs across geographies making direct comparisons somewhat meaningless however, if you need further convincing (I suspect you may) the pricing approach across most of Europe is similar with across the full range of Mod 3 being redcued and Mod Y Performance. France the only European country to reduce lower spec Mod Y and Germany actually increased!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

It's looking unlikely there were any Teslas on board the Seine Highway 😪

The next possibility IMO is Weser Highway. This RORO is currently en route to Zeebrugge before onward journey to Dublin. It's due in Dublin during the night of 19th April which aligns with what some Tesla staff have told other boardsies about the date of the incoming shipment.

Weser Highway docked at Grimsby on 9th April before arriving at Zeebrugge on 10th, were there Teslas on-board?... Maybe... Reading past threads on TMC my understanding is pre-Brexit Teslas from the UK destined for Ireland would travel through Southampton, so Grimbsy would be unusual. Everything about this shipment of cars is unusual so who knows where they are or how they're getting here 🤪

Anyone placing any bets?

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

Tesla's for Ireland won't be unloaded in UK the Irish cars with go via main carrier to Zeebrugge and RoRo from there (this has been the way since Brexit). If they touch tyre in the UK obviously need a lot more paper work to move on again back into the EU.

Also I would think would rule out getting extra inventory for the UK.

All April 19 - 04 May delivery vehicles were assumed to be new, unregistered, UK stock reallocated to Ireland. There are no ships scheduled from Shanghai carrying RHD Teslas due to arrive in Europe to meet this timeline.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

Don’t think it is an issue only with Tesla. I was trying to put in a reservation for Nissan Ariya last year. A deposit of €1000 was requested and I was told it’s not refundable.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

Price cut on MY RWD/LR was not applied to all European countries. Germany and Netherlands got the same as Ireland - all M3 models but only MYP.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

I bet you’re becoming an expert in marine logistics soon. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

and demand for model Y was not already high in other EU countries?! It is already top selling EV in many of those markets

people cancelled model 3 mainly because they were not assigned vins, last shipment in March was mostly Y, they are not sure they will have model 3 before end of June .. and the available inventory is all Y

and about demand in Ireland.. they have ~30 RWD in inventory for almost a week now that is not moving at all .. if Tesla staff is right about following bigger shipment in May/June compared to March (~1000 cars).. it will be interesting how many will get sold before end of Q2

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Advertisement

I feel like buying a Tesla has taken over my life these last couple of months! Learning more about consumer protection law and marine logistics than I ever thought I'd care about. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's different, with Nissan you were there in person paying the deposit so distance selling regulations don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

I’m told there is a holding areas in every port for major shipping companies where they can leave containers off and come back to collect and move on.

so long as they do not cross customs lines they are ok to be loaded back on without effecting their cargo whether it’s furniture or cars

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You were most likely dealing with a UK agent. They may not be aware of the EU distance selling rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

The UK also has distance selling rules. They play dumb on purpose and wait for you to mention distance selling rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

New YouTube vid from WuWa all the Tesla’s waiting at south port in China 😁

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The payment would have been made over the phone. And Nissan didn’t even have a car available for test drive. Don’t see how that is any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrymayo23

I'd like a roofrack for RWD MY (April 19 - May 4). Does anyone know if tesla shop price includes installation and if it can be installed before I collect? It's a bit of a drive to Dublin and I'd avoid another trip if possible. Same with any other accessories e.g. rubber boot mat... Could they be collected when I pick up the car?

• Advertisement

Yep that is for containers, I've no idea if the car storage areas are within the docks, suspect their not due to the size and not being able to stack cars.

Either way it a logistical nightmare and why only UK cars are unloaded in uk and Irish cars go to Zeebrugge (via the main carrier and RoRo back from there). That's been the way since Brexit I doubt they will make any changes this time around.

If there was no issue with crossing customs lines why would they have switched RoRo from Southampton to Zeebrugge after Brexit.

Advertisement