Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

collected at 2pm-ish heavens opened as we arrived. Knew I shouldn’t have had dessert in avoca after lunch as the weather was nice for that 40min window.

seemless handover. My app started working before I got there. Batter was at ~40% 180km range.

all panels look good. Paint looks perfect. Will check more thoroughly when it dries up a bit.

took 10-15km for the cameras to calibrate.

currently plugged into a destination charger at the hotel I am in for the weekend.

now I am off to play with the menus for the afternoon.

will put up some pics later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Didn’t use Revolut but used PTSB app and in hours transfers usually showed up within and hour, out of hours transfers were following morning so no big delay but 10K limit per day

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

How are people reporting defects after collecting? Do you just schedule a service appointment in Sandyford via the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Proof of Registration just arrived into my account for collection on evening of 13th 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whykay

Collected car earlier, supercharged car at Sandyford (was very busy, had to wait.. there was a m3 not plugged in, I asked the staff, he said nothing he could do, then another tesla person came out and moved his car just as another person needing the space was about to take a pic of it😆).

It would be nice if they have more superchargers there though, since it's a bit tight. It's still quite handy though, need to check when it's quiet and do a charge if we are visiting friends and family out in that direction.

Get to try out setting the apps while we are waiting. That was so geeky coupley thing to do. 🥰

M3 RWD / MSM / Black / Aero / AP

✅Paint all good

✅ No panel gaps

✅ 2 cables

✅emergency kit

✅ front mud guard

✅ tow bar in frunk

✅ wood trim in right direction

ℹ️ matrix lights

ℹ️ LFP battery

ℹ️ 45% charge

ℹ️ AMD Ryzen

ℹ️ all very clean outside & inside

Only thing we found was the back righthand side light cover not sitting flush; went to the Tesla guy and he said take pic of right and left lights and request ranger to fix it via Tesla app.

It's a minor fix and a chance for us to try calling out the ranger. But we can also live with that but since it's free service, might as well get it done.

Thanks to another news Tesla owner we bumped into again at the supercharger in Sandyford, he said we can also adjust it with the screws if we wanted it to.

But for now, we are enjoying the car, even with the mega Friday M50 jam on the way back home not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭vinnie_cork

Collection 13th. Reg dropped last night on account.

Insurance transferred €50 fee but cover going from 7 yr old ICE to new Ev. (Treble value).

Toll Tag transferred

City Resident Parking Permit transfer request sent

Street Parking App updated

Zappi installed last week on driveway.

need to do Motor Tax.

need to stop counting the hours

#teamblue

Oh, I traded in my car... handed over keys, I signed the ipad, and the logbook. He didn't check the car.

Then I signed another doc for the tesla on ipad.

Network was acting up and whatever happened, the screen on our tesla didn't reset and come on for us. So he reset it again and it was all good.

The trade-in & getting the tesla took around no more than 10 mins (prob way less). All super quick.

Key cards already in the car, open and ready for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

you have any ideas where to place the toll tag? I really dont want to place that ulgy box in the windshield.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Good write up. My back right has an identical issue. No biggie at all and the ranger will sort it.

There is a rattle coming from the back somewhere. Not the seat belts.

Biggest issues I have is:

The kids car seats. When in the car it's very difficult for them to buckle them in. Very tight. Pain in the arse having to do it for them.

Also when they are not in the car the car sometimes sense the weight of them and keeps warming to fasten seat belt. Super annoying. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Apart from that the car is super duper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Raldos

I collected mine today. Got a couple of minutes to check it before the rain started.

No issues to report so far. Car was nice and clean. It’s filthy already so I wouldn’t be worrying if anyone gets one that’s not spotless.

The app updated just as I arrived to collect the car and at was open and ready to go. Spent a few minutes checking it over but all seems to be in order.

Went to kill for an IONITY charge to fill up quickly and get back on the road. Car was at 42% when collecting. The IONITY took me a couple of attempts but worked eventually.

it’s going to take some time and some trust before I can get used to walking away from the car and believing it’s locked. (Can always check the app) the trust will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Collected mine today at 12.15 ish.

No major issues, car looks fab. Paint looks good, panel gaps were all regular as far as I could see. Everything worked.

Similar issue with the lights at the back, its more noticable at the charging flap, but when I went to book it for a service call, I didnt see the option for the ranger, would be great to do this rather than drive to the service center.

How do I select the Ranger option?

I was about to ask the same question. I booked it at service centre but i added "can this be fixed by mobile service" in the problem description and I hope to get a call/text on Monday and find out.

Would also like to hear from other people how they got a ranger out as the option wasn't there on my request for service via tesla app either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think Tesla decide whether it's going to be a Call Centre Visit or a Ranger call depending on the job. (Naturally they try their best for a Ranger)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

When booking my service appointment via the app, there are 2 options for either service centre or selecting address. It wasn't super obvious, but the earliest callout was 2 weeks away, so I chose the former.

Stay Free

I put mine to the right of the mirror stem on the windscreen. Looks just fine and don't notice it after fitting.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

I'd agree, look at the numbers q1 this year Tesla sold 310,000 models 3's VW sold 99000 id4s.

Tesla had first mover advantage and focused on big markets. Ireland got pittens compared to other markets.

Haven't seen this many Tesla's in inventory this late in the delivery cycle. Seems now demand maybe dropping more competition and some markets a bit saturated now? I even got an email this time around saying there were inventory cars.

I was to be a customer last year but turned into 7 month wait with shocking CS so pulled the plug (pardon the pun).

Tesla really need to reinvent their CS and experience as first mover advantage is gone you just can't entice with a great looking car as there are more options now, they also lost the 5k grant on most options would expect it to be totally gone for cars over 50k in the budget.

But suspect they'll skip that and get their advantage from having available vehicles and cash in in numbers short term. Some other OEMs have nearly a year waiting list.

Ye see the thing about a lot of the cars in inventory is that no one really wants to pay 8k for red paint.

Or for enhanced autopilot or FSD.

But come budget time even the white is gonna be 58k because my hunch also is that grant is going for cars over 50k and maybe even 40k!

Totally agree that the Irish Market is not getting the same tesla experience as others.

Creatures of habit like the ease of the dealer and trade in process, seamless finance and easy delivery.

Imo tesla ireland need to adapt but we are such a small market they just prob couldn't be arsed.

I think I could have just bought the last 52k model 3 ireland will see.

Those with orders in for next year could be well stung with the probable grant removal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

There’s talk of other manufacturers going down same route as Tesla e.g. removing the dealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bilasy

mor All, collected my m3 yesterday, experience was OK, car was clean and washed not filthy at all, what comes included? I got 2 mud flaps, 2 Charing cables and medical kit , did any one received a small red bag with tool kit in the frunk??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Afaik you don’t get any tools with the car, not even a tyre iron 😬

I actually received the tyre iron

For anyone collecting recently and hasn’t already seen. Wait for it to become dark and drive to a busyish area.

1. Park up
    2. turn on light show
    3. leave the car
    4. walk away
    5. try not to die of embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I think it is something we all tried on the first night..

If we are honest. 😁

Park where wall is facing you. Go to toybox and select light show. Select high volume, start and exit car. Wait a few seconds.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

@bilasy make sure when turning it on that you are somewhere in public.

Advertisement