Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pb288241980

Picked up our MY RWD today, what a roller coaster 6 weeks. I feel sorry for anyone waiting and frustrated by the poor customer service and lack of clarity from Tesla.

All of that aside the car is savage and drives every bit as well as it looks.

Best of luck to all still waiting, wondering, vin hunting and ship tracking. Kelly, that name will forever give me the shudders !

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Looks very good, well wear!

Any issues on pick up or anything to log in the app?

How was the black paint, any swirls etc?

Ah it's great to be in the position alright!

Yes exactly, not to forget that while most cars continue to go up in price (check for example ionic 5 forum) while Tesla's are going down thankfully!! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ian3101

I'm not sure. I've had 3 collection slots, and all 3 have been cancelled.

I've just been told the reason is because of revenue issues with the registration costs because of the new pricing. It has completely tarnished the excitement of getting the car tbh.

I've reschedule work and plans on 3 occasions to organise collecting the car for it to be cancelled

• Advertisement

Congrats 👏 looks the business! Black with the dark wheels is a very nice combo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It no longer seems that way

On a serious note though I wonder if Tesla are watching all these web forums and basically want to stop us constantly hitting their website looking for hidden VINs etc

That or one of their ships sank

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

1P, 16 LR and 33 RWD MYs in existing stock at time of writing.

Do you think they are all cancellations or do Tesla "trickle in" unsold stock slowly?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Hi pal Beautiful photos of the car.

so did Tesla transfer your money from one account to another because it will help people going forward that it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Same. Happened twice now. When you see all the collections this week, it’s really starting to annoy they can’t get this right. If you put in a 0 km April 23 reg M3LR into revenue the OMSP is still north of €62k. I’m presuming that’s the issue. But revenue move like a sloth unless they are after you, so it could be weeks before that is sorted. I seriously hope the car lives up to the hype and I don’t get a bogey with lots of issues, because the purchase process is painfully all over the place.

• Advertisement

So mine is a M3 RWD in Red with the 19" wheels. I honestly don't understand how the price on revenue could be wrong for our ones, but correct for other peoples that are collecting 🤷‍♂️

Who knows! But they have to take responsibility for scheduling people on more than one occasion when the car isn't ready.

Fingers crossed 🤞 you get to pick up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ddcluracan

Okay, ordered a M3 RWD with tow hitch on Feb 5th. Got a VIN and delivery date of May 19th - June 3 last week. Yesterday VIN is removed and delivery switched to TBD. Just happen to look at the site and there a quite a few M3's in inventory (coming soon). Some even have tow hitch. Granted, I changed the colour of my order in late March from Silver to Blue. But have they built a car in silver with tow hitch option, then after my colour change (which I was told will have no impact on delivery) just put it in inventory?

Why not give me the option of taking the original colour? To be fair, I would prefer to wait for the blue if I knew it would come in June.

If I order this car in inventory, would the delivery still be TBD? Of course then I would have the hassle of transferring finance agreement to other order, getting a refund of original order etc.

Or do my change my order again, the car will magically be removed from inventory and I get a delivery date?

At the end of the day I don't mind when I get the car so long as it is before end of June, but a little transparency would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ItIsWhatItIs

Finally got a vin after changing order….and an updated edd to may06-may19…..

how can you tell what month it was manufactured?

LRWYHCEK1PC72XXXX

Or if it’s still on a boat? From prev comments I could find 72 number sounds low…which makes me ask how old is the car…is it wrong that I kinda want the latest one possible in case there were any hardware updates in the last 4months???

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dlynes83

Same happened to me ordered mine couple wks ago got vin and delivery date all dat disappeared so one in inventory de exact same as mine popped up so ordered it haven’t gone about changing finance and getting refund yet. But got a vin and delivery date 5th-20th of may of course dat can disappear aswel

Try this one it's unlikely to get a an exact match but it will provide a range.

A 72* is an early January build but it is still a 2023 build.

Won't be any hardware differences as they are still being built with HW version 3 and AMD Ryzen chip MCU.

Post edited by Foreign Sports on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

In what way did you change your order? I've still got TBD

Added induction wheels…

Brilliant thanks for that…is it strange though that a car leaving the factory around January 15th would be sitting around somewhere for 3 months…assuming it takes 1 month to transport?

It's a bit strange alright but strange is normal when it comes to Tesla!

I wouldn't worry too much as you are 100% sure it's a 2023 model at least (10th digit is a 'P').

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

Based on that VIN it would appear to be one of the cars that’s been moved from UK to Ireland. Most likely available for collection this month and already in Ireland. I wouldn’t worry about the VIN being low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

VIN production dates are only ever estimates. You will only see your actual production date when you get your car on Cert of Conformity. Ships don’t leave every day and take 4 weeks to get from Shanghai to Europe and then some more to get to Ireland. Try not to worry about “hanging around” it will be latest model

Interesting, how do you tell it’s one of the UK ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Did anyone cancel an order over 7 days and get their €250 back?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

What’s the cancellation email again?

6.96kwp South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Go to the exisiting stock page, click the chat button, chat to an agent.

Ask for a refund, mention Irish distance selling legislation, give them your order number, refund will be back in less than a week. Any guff mention the distance selling legislation again. Sorted

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Just wondering - Do we get any store credits or points when we are new buyers ? And can we use them for charging ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yes, if you order through a referral link. You can then use those credits to purchase surpercharging miles or accessories from the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Almost true. As a buyer you get 1000 credits while the referral link you use gets 5000 credits. 1000 credits isn't enough to "buy" any supercharging.

I'm just glad that the referral link I used got something out of it. My 1000 credits will wither on the vine until they expire in a year. Nothing else I want in the store.

Advertisement