Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Almost true 😆, the person who refers you only gets 2000 credits now.

Can you use your credits to part pay for anything?

If not I’d hold out and see if they add anything to the shop. Only thing there is tee shirts under the 1k that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

Because a lot of people have several orders in hand, it affects the delivery times of other people who only have one order. It's simple. When these people order multiple orders before you and then cancel, Tesla randomly assigns them to other people with the same order, which means that if your order doesn't match those cancelled orders, you'll be put at the back of the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pop'n'Fresh

Yes absolutely, I have cancelled month old orders. I think you can return it up to 7 days after collection (with additional fees per km).

Just ask webchat to cancel your order and request a refund of your deposit under distance selling regulations.

Use my referral link to purchase a Tesla product and we both earn free store credits!

https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/phil240753

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Almost true... 😂

The referral code I used told me they got 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

My EDD just updated to June 12-24 for my M3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

My EDD went from TBD to June 12-June 27.

cutting it fine 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BK1975

morning all, picked up my MY on friday and loving it. wondering what software versions people are running? i only got a prompt to update to 2023.6.9 to introduce parkassist but i see there are updates in April like for bigger text size etc but i am not getting a prompt to upgrade...wonder is this the same for other new owners.

I picked the car up on Thursday and did the vision update as soon as I got home. Overnight it had downloaded the next update, 2023.12.1.1 and I had it installed before 8:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Congrats!! Any pics 😉?

How are you finding the suspension? Any issues on collection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Suspension is fine IMO. No issues to report given it’s an SUV with large tires. Delivery was quick and efficient. Sound bunch doing the handovers out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

EDD went from TBD to 12-27 June this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

latest version is 2023.12.1.1. If you go to the Software tab in the control screen and switch it to Advanced. That means you will get Software versions a little quicker as downloads available. Tesla normally make new versions available on a staggered basis with early recipients perhaps a test group for any major bugs. This may help. I got the latest version earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

It is handy being able to do the updates from the App. And normally doesn't take long, I think about 35 mins or so max so far for me over the multiple updates received over the last 14 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Yeah I was surprised at how quick and straight forward the updates are. I can’t get Wi-Fi to where I park at home but a hotspot on my phone works great!

A related question... Could a phone hotspot be used to replace premium connectivity?

Almost true…..😆

The 5000 credits stopped sometime around the 11th April. Thats why I said 2000 “now”. No point posting what used to be given.

For those collecting, I’m seeing high states of charge in general and people are getting texts with free 160km of supercharging if they think your charge will be below 50%.

No idea if this is across the board or if they have geo marked people with long distances to drive as one member from Kerry got it and another didn’t.

You can also download the updates using your Tesla phone app and It means that you’ll be able to push a new update to it and view the update from the app without having to go to your vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

I got updated EDD also Jun 12-27. Will be away for some of that. How flexible are they on collection date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

Funny, mine is June 13th to June 28th!

No visible VIN.

This would support the belief that our vehicles are on Grande Mirafiori...

Bit of a pain getting a 231 reg days before 232 will be out...

We might actually get offered some free credits to collect before the end of the quarter though, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 SkellysLane

Due to pick up tomorrow ( 🎉) and just received this mail. Says it is new industry policy to ship with max 50% charge.(assume thy mean 50% charge or higher) For info, I am near the airport so reckon I could be well below 50% and get home fine so unlikely to be due to location of the buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Heinz57

Same here - mine has just changed to June 13th to June 28th.

All adds to the drama of buying a Tesla!!!

They mean a max of 50% (not higher than 50%). For anyone who is anxious (no need to be) there are a large selection of fast chargers (Tesla SUC and others) within range depending on your direction of travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kevvv

I wonder if the free 150km are because of the amount of vehicles being delivered now. If they struggled to get cars to 40% charge before it will be a lot tougher now.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

Hi all - in advance of getting a delivery of Model Y hopefully in May19 - 3 June window - latest one given - trying to understand why so many people are getting Ceramic Coatings, wraps, or other paint protection treatments for their Tesla

Is this just to protect your new car or is it because Tesla's need this additional protection due to paint quality , shape of car for stone chips etc?

Appreciate any thoughts and advice on what is necessary - if anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

I had a car booked from inventory with delivery on 12/5 .. my original Jan order showed 20/5 so cancelled the new order .. now original order is showing 12-27/6 ..

i am really frustrated now with the whole Tesla buying process :/

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

Not just Tesla. All cars. Ceramic coatings have become mainstream over here in the last few years.

I used to get my cars coated with 3/6/12 month waxes over the years but the technology is. Ow in ceramic and nano coatings.

PPF is a new craze and it’s being done on everything from civics to Porsches and everything in between. It’s just people protecting their car.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭shanethegriff

Ceramic coating can make your paint glossier, easier to clean and protect from minor swirl marks. It gives no protection from scratches, scuff or stone chips.

PPF is totally different where it protects from superficial scratches and will "self heal" from minor scuffs and scratches. It also protects from stone chips to a point.

PPF is very expensive and not everyone can justify the cost.

I got PPF on the high impact zones on my Golf GTI Clubsport and it definitely did it's job and saved the paint on a number of occasions. I believe I paid around 1500e or there abouts. I'm extremely fussy when it comes to paint and always want it looking Flawless.

If you're someone who puts their car through a car wash, PPF is 100% not for you, nor is ceramic coating really as swirl marks obviously don't bother you...

Sometimes ignorance is bliss when it comes to spotting every imperfection in the paint, you'll save yourself a lot of cash too.

If you're considering PPF, I highly recommend Flawless Detailing in Finglas. Padraic did my car and has done every high end car you can think of including a lot costing €100k+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 PGTips 25

Luckily, window for my MY order still 19May - 4June so let's see.

Probably a stupid question but just want to clarify what id expect. Do they put the reg on your car similar to other makes before collection? Only asking cause of the sound of fear last week from some but that might just be the late assignment of a reg.

Advertisement