Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Reg number appeared in the attachments on my order today. Pickup is on Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DaithiDooDoo

Finally received a EDD range of June 13 - 28. Do you guys know of any ways to slow play receiving the auto so that the reg falls into the 232 reg category? Is it even possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I'd say that will be hard. Deliveries tend to be in the middle of the window to the end, and Tesla won't want your sale to be in July as it would affect their figures for this quarter (otherwise everyone would delay to July).

But another point is that from 1st July the grant is reduced to €3500 so you'll end up spending €1500 extra for your car by waiting a week.

Personally I don't see EV cars depreciating by as much as they did, so I doubt you'd get your €1500 or more back by having a 232 Vs a 231 reg.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Could someone explain that xx1 and xx2 obsession? Does that have that much reflection in the valuation? Surely the year is more important than the half? Unless it is a refreshed model than fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dlynes83

I ordered an MY last week got EED for 5-20may got a text today for collection on de 5th unless dats changes again as anything is possible

Post edited by dlynes83 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭joe1303l

It’s perfectly doable if Tesla want to accommodate you but unlikely they will. Full €5K grant can be claimed for up to 4 months after it has been approved by SEAI. It just needs to approved before July 1st as I understand it. Confirm with SEAI if you need to be sure. That said I don’t think the mid year plate change has any much effect on resale here but I’d be pretty annoyed to have to put a 231 plate on a car on June 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭JOL1

I sincerely doubt that Tesla will be open to extending delivery beyond 30th June. This is only because it extends into a new Financial Quarter and Tesla manage this with military precision as they want to maximise sales and minimise inventory for their financial reporting to the markets. For it to qualify as a sale it needs to be delivered. They are normally willing to be flexible and push collection out by a week but not over the critical quarter end period.

I’d say you’re right but it’s a bit of a nonsense. If you paid for the car in full before the end of Q2 with the agreement that they register the car as a 232 in early July, that would surely suffice to count as a unit sold and unavailable in Inventory ? They don’t understand the Irish market much and it’s hard to see this improving. We’re just too small a market for them to bother about.

I understand your views but its not related to Irish market at all ...its Accounting rules and how listed companies report sales to the stock exchange. Tesla always move heaven and earth to get all cars delivered by quarter end and you may also see some "incentives offered" linked to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

With around 50 cars and who knows how many else that Tesla may not be listing in inventory, I'd say the chances of a sale in June are quite high.

It would annoy the heck out of me though if I pick up my MY this month and a few weeks later it's a few grand cheaper in a sale.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement

Another sale could really kill Tesla residual values and I think it would really stupid. There are cleverer ways to boost sales like cheap finance deals, trade in allowances, supercharger credits or even upgraded specs. If they wanted to boost their market share here, a boat load of grant qualifying cars every January is what’s needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

If recent adjustment in M3 prices caused issues with VRT process I think it would be very difficult to run any kind of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Krispy55

I collected my Black/White RWD model Y yesterday morning, got there 30 mins early so had plenty of time to check out the exterior. The collection was pretty chilled, we were second in line so no wait, it looked like it was getting busy when I was driving out with a grin like a cheshire cat! There were a few issues that were sorted there and then, a scratch under the driver's door handle, scratches above the ppf on one side and the passenger side will have to be replaced. They said they are bringing a team over to redo all the poor ppf, seems to be the main issue. The driver's door needs a bit of a slam to shut it compared to the passenger side so have logged that on the app also. On the bright side, it's simply amazing to drive and coming from a Rav4 the acceleration is brilliant, enough to get a giggle out of the kids in the back seat every time. My wife won't drive it yet because she is too afraid, got her to drove around the Sandyford Ind. estate like she was a learner again, she keeps wanting to use her left foot. We got 150km free km because it was only 28 percent on collection, it will take a week to come through. I went to supercharger in Sandyford and was dreading a queue because we had to be somewhere in an hour, there were two spaces free so happy days as trying to convince my wife that it's all hassle free, she hasn't bought into full electric yet. I absoloutely love the car and just want to drive it constantly. Best of luck to everyone collecting this week, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

Has anyone waiting on a M3 got an update on the VRT situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

Does anyone know how long after making a payment from your account it takes to show on your Tesla account balance?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 optip

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

My AIB payments sent in the morning were generally showing up after about 3pm the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Halpo99

Picked up our brand new MY RWD ("Bluey") on Friday morning, no hassle and no queues. The staff were really friendly and the whole process was smooth and easy. No issues with the car, its an absolutely fabulous car to drive and experience! It was worth the wait! Best of luck to everyone getting their new Tesla! Thanks to everyone on this thread for their contributions and advice. See you on the road 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

A question for those who have Tolltag. On the "Pay as You Toll" option, it says you get charged 10% per toll price. Is this 10% of the standard charge for a car or 10% of the half-price EV charge. Eg. Standard toll on M3 is €1.50, EV is €0.75. Am I paying 10% of €1.50 or 10% of €0.75. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You'll be paying the service charge of 10% of €1.50, and the EV refund is 50% of €1.50

So in effect you'll pay €0.95c, if my maths are correct. (€1.65 - €0.75)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorcoRosso

Thanks @Fingleberries that makes sense 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭grimman

Telsa keep cancelling M3 collections as, supposedly they can't register the cars with the updated price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Don't forget that the Tesla wave is back.

Had a big wave from a blue MY going into Newbridge the other day and a slightly smaller one from a Red M3 on Mobhi Road on Friday.

Keep it up people.👋

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭antseanoifig

I'm sure this may have been asked multiple times, but how long does it take for RN number to change to showing a VIN?

I can see the hidden VIN already but trying to gauge when the VIN will show through. Estimated Delivery: June 12 - June 27

Just concerned about the grant eligibility/application on Tesla's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭eagerv

It was never gone from my point of the world. But rarely see another, but that will change I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SSB_86

Reading some of the comments in the discussion above, QQ. Does MY LR comes with PPF or is that owners are getting it done themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

Ok, I thought it was all just part of the Tesla experience!

I haven’t heard anything re updated vrt yet.

A bit worrying if they can’t register the updated prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭lau1247

Is it normal not to get a reg yet? Collection due Friday. Chased up by chat on Friday and this morning. Nothing yet.

Also where does it appear? In the online account by RN number/delivery date? Or in the app version?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Advertisement