Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

That was me posting the message. I did not get my car, BlueUmbrella is not getting his car and I've also been contacted by someone else in a similar situation that cancelled yesterday to confirm that he also could not get his car. When he cancelled it yesterday is when that discounted induction Y Long Range become available in the inventory again.. someone else immediately ordered it, but they will have to go through this again. Hopefully they can find out about it before they pay Tesla for the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

Looks like I won't be getting my grant qualifying M3P soon, customer service confirmed that I haven't been matched to a car yet. At this stage, any shipments leaving Shanghai won't make it to Dublin by the end of June.

Will keep the reservation & see how it goes - one eye on the refresh M3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think if they apply for grant you would still have 4 months to get delivery and claim full 5k. AFAIR grant application does not require VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Did your OMSP on the order form show a price above €60k? I noticed that on the one that was cancelled on me.

Some people have successfully collected a discounted car under the grant in the past.

Think it has been confirmed elsewhere that Tesla won't be applying in advance for grants for cars not delivered by 30th June. They can barely manage the cars that have been confirmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

Yup I am aware about other people getting the grant in the past, but they might have just gotten lucky. The OSMP that shows up is barely under 60k on my order agreement. But that is the same for any other Tesla Model Y you might configure with a tow hitch, even without a discount, and it still doesn't mean it qualifies for the grant. Afaik the OSMP + the delivery and all other fees need to be taken into account, and that brings the value just over 60k. I suspect Tesla might have taken a loss a few months ago when trying to claim the money from SEAI for the other orders and has now learned the lesson and not giving the grant discount to people and (according to them) working on fixing the website to reflect the correct amount going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

I'm in the same boat with the same car, I spoke with customer service and they basically admitted that unless somebody cancels a M3P, I wont be getting one this quarter, so no full grant for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BlueUmbrella

The OMSP on the order agreement is €59,397. Which is within threshold for the grant - so it appears this is where they went wrong (again) as they are now claiming that the OMSP should have been listed above €60k.

See the falsehood I was told yesterday on live chat below - told that the order agreement € was correct less than 24 hours ago.

I rang and spoke with a guy today in the UK, his answer was that the UK based support teams are not up to speed on the intricacies of the Irish SEAI grant. When I asked how was it actually possible to get through to a staff member with knowledge of the Irish market, I did not get an answer. He was nice, but could not provide any help.

He said he would get someone on the Irish delivery team to call me today, nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

I think OMSP is not relevant for grant whatsoever. If you go to SEAI they say following:

Approved EVs with a full price of more than €60,000 and less than €14,000 will not receive a grant. The full price of the vehicle to the customer includes all optional extras, paint, delivery and any other chargers but excludes any incentives such as grants or rebates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭joe1303l

What a shambles, hope Joe Duffy never orders a new Tesla. It would take months of airtime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Crazy crazy company.

I remember what a headwreck the whole thing is. At least you hadn’t paid for it like many of us the last time! Getting the money back is even more painful than the ordering ‘experience’.

Ah well, at least we know there’ll be a filthy dirty car with PPF peeling off it waiting for us at the end of all this.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

That's actually a protective layer of Chinese dust

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

... with no proper parking sensor system! Hopefully the white MY out the front of the Sandyford showroom with the completely scuffed front bumper isn't a sign of what's to follow 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

in essence that is the OMSP = list price (SEAI site makes clear that this does NOT include discounts) Including extras, paint and delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andholm

In the source code of your order page is the isnotmatchedtora00vin variable set to true? Trying to work out if this “soft match” stuff is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

Have ordered an M3 through Leaseplan at the start of the month. Nothing confirmed with Tesla through Leaseplan yet. Anyone any experiences of delivery times this way? Chances of a June delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Doubt it. I had that from the moment I ordered in February. Didn’t get a VIN until May

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd swear the toddlers in the local creche would make a better fist at running a car dealership than the clowns in Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭rob w

Just noticed the SEAI grant form states the below

'You must tax your vehicle once it is registered and always in advance of collecting the vehicle'

Tesla told me that they only register the vehicle on day of collection - so how does that work? How have others been taxing the car once collected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Was only able to tax it 2 days after picking it up. They do not check for it in the pickup place.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Don’t worry about this. the SEAI is looked after by Tesla and for Tesla to get payment it requires a form that you will be asked to complete AFTER delivery and also for them to confirm motor tax paid etc. You will only be able to do this once you have your registration number which is usually last minute, sometimes a day before collection. It usually then takes a further day for you to be able to pay the Motor Tax online.

it’s routine and nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

Curious to know what's the furthest-out pickup date that's been offered so far?

Sitting here in the 20th-30th June EDD window with not a sniff of a text yet like billy no-mates .

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pra4545

My order status was from 19th May - 3rd Jun. I'm shocked now to see the status changed to the estimated end of June, and the previously allotted VIN disappeared on the status page. Customer service keeps saying whatever I see on the status page, and there is no explanation for why my initial status changed and on VIN disappearances. Is anybody in the same boat as me?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

Yeah, there's many of us in the same boat. This boat is 'in transit' and may or may not arrive before the end of June. Apparently there are two boats due which 'should' reach us in that timeframe. You'll get a different version of this story depending on who you talk to in Tesla. The Dublin showroom are the least reliable. They told me my car was "on it's way to Baldonnel", which is technically true if you're including it's journey on the South China Sea.

It's set to false, but I don't believe in that soft match stuff - have had a number of Teslas now. Hidden VIN is always the first sign you're matched to a car

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

Paid money to Tesla via online bank and forgot to add my order reference (doh!). I contacted Tesla this morning and I was asked to email pop@tesla.com with screenshot of payment and it would be sorted "in a few days". Anyone else have experience of this and how long it took to sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 PGTips 25

I'm literally in the same boat en route to Balldonnell. Do we have any potential names of boats so I can track and get my hopes up in an unrealistic manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭MaireBee

Check out Mr Miserable on Tesla motors club Shipping 2023; https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/2023-shipping-movements.289596/page-106

There are two possibles according to him:

There are a couple of ships that are on my Possibles list that will arrive in Zeebrugge shortly:

NOCC OCEANIC arrives Zeebrugge on 29 May and

MORNING PEACE arrives 1 Jun

So far, there has been no evidence that they are carrying any Teslas. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 andholm

That was my feeling too. Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement