Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

Tell them they can have it when we all get our cars 😂. Fight the good fight for us all!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Transfer it back to them in about 3-4 months time. Let them know how it feels! 👹😁

(Though I can't see Elon losing sleep over €22k 😂)

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

The same for me, though my EDD has a wider range of 20/Jun to 30/Jun. Still have a VIN, but it's hidden.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

whats the on the road price for the model Y std

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

The estimated refund date is 6-22 June.

No, wait. The estimated refund date is 1-9 July.

The refund is on its way, we just can't see where in the process it is.

Sorry, my mistake. The estimated refund date is September. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

fecking tempted tbh

only issue is a trade in value for my plugin

why does it have €40,521 after savings ? is that fuel savings

They assume you are coming from a certain MPG ice car so tell you what could be saved over a period of time. It should be removed!

Check out my signiture or someone else’s if ordering ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SSB_86

I am here looking for advice if someone in similar situation.

I test drive tesla in April and ordered. The car EDD has moved from 19 May-3 June originally to 20 June - 30 June. Meanwhile mid may, I saw same car I wanted in inventory with 'ready for delivery' tag. I ordered it, however immediately on placing order, the EDD for the inventory car ordered came to 26 June - 30 June, which was f**king annoying. So, I cancel the inventory order and requested refund of deposit.

Now, Kelly came back saying since, I test drive the car in April and not eligible for refund under distance selling rules.

My understanding is 1) there was misleading marketing by Tesla by saying ready for delivery 2) the test drive I did, I have already ordered car against the same. I still have my original order placed with them.

Has someone faced or been in similar situation and what's the best way to proceed for refund.

Hate to break it to you, but you may not be eligible if you go by Tesla order agreement (see page 5) says this:

Please note that we at alltimes recommend and offer you the opportunity to test drive any of our vehicles before entering into this Agreement. Any test

drive is exclusively offered to you in the context of the sales process and intended to provide you with the opportunity to establish the nature,

characteristis and functioning of the Vehicle and ask us any related questions, including about our terms and conditions of sale and delivery.

If, shortly after you have test driven a vehicle, you order a Vehicle online that matches the specifications of the vehicle you have test driven, this Agreement shall not have been entered into by using means of distance communication and consequently you will not have the statutory cancellation right described herein.

However, the rules seem to be pretty much any order made online:

This is probably Tesla trying to weasel out of refunds and trying to circumvent the law with T&C's which I'm not sure you can do.

I.e., you can't put it in a T&Cs that it's ok to rob a bank or anything.

You could try again and see if you get a different agent who doesn't care as much

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Just keep trying the chat until you get Eddy or Houssam. About the only thing they’re good at is cancelling orders.

Went for a test drive myself. Have cancelled multiple orders through chat without hassle. When asked why I just say I have a different order but and agent told me to try that one for earlier delivery but didn’t work out. Never any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

That is interesting and the wording reflects changes to previous Order Agreements that did not have such language. It is clear the intent is to discourage the practice of ordering multiple vehicles with the intention of only taking one car (something I can easily understand). Whether this is legal or not is not something I am qualified to opine on but it may herald a different approach by Tesla that people should be aware of

I thought it was well known that if you took a test drive and ordered in store you don’t have distance selling rules.

It’s certainly been posted about a few times on here.

But WHY don't you have distance selling rules? Because Tesla said so?

I don't think you can override EU law with your own T&C's, but maybe someone with legal background can tell me if I'm right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

All this order talk is making me glad I went for inventory. I had the car in 3 weeks from the day I ordered it.

Distance selling rules is for online or phone purchases or mail purchases.

Don’t let a dislike for one particular company cloud your judgement on how the law operates for all retailers.

Same way if you buy a bmw from a dealer, you don’t have any distance selling rules there, TV in curry’s, no distance selling rules there.

https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/index_en.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

I would imagine that the issue is with this bit.

If, shortly after you have test driven a vehicle, you order a Vehicle online that matches the specifications of the vehicle you have test driven, this Agreement shall not have been entered into by using means of distance communication and consequently you will not have the statutory cancellation right described herein.

it would seem to me questionable that if you go for a test drive and then a week or two later order online that distance selling rules are not deemed applicable, the point of sale was still distance selling.

If doing a test drive. Book it under you wife’s name and email address.

Then buy under your name and email address or vice Versa 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1 barneyatmoes

Im no expert… but based on what you said about the delivery date changing, I think you might have a reason why the distance contract is still applicable to you even after a test drive.

(Info below from Citizens Info but Im too new to post the link)

“Information before you buy

You have a legal right to information before you buy, including:

…. Delivery Information

The information must be clear, understandable and given to you before you buy.”

The fact the date went from “ready for delivery” to the end of June might not be considered clear or understandable???

also,

“Your rights when an order is delayed or not delivered

The seller must deliver your product to you either:

• Within 30 days of buying them (unless you agreed a different date)
    • On the date you agreed with them

If the seller does not deliver the product as agreed in the contract or within 30 days, you can request a new delivery date.

You can end the contract if:

• The seller cannot or refuses to deliver within the new time frame you request
    • A new delivery date is no longer suitable for you, for example, you needed the product for a specific date or event

You must tell the business you are using your right to end your contract for non-delivery. The business must give you a refund within 14 days.”

As I said, not an expert… but might help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jtshmahajan

Any suggestions for MY RWD insurance? Struggling to get a quote. First insurance in Ireland. Full Irish licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 b_a3

Hi, has anyone got any experience with the used inventory ? Bought at the beginning of April and each time I get in contact they tell me they’ll get someone to call me from the delivery team but they never do

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Try going on to the chat function online.. Open up the Sales Page and you will usually see a little icon appear at bottom right or left of screen, it may be a quicker way to connect

Most of it is on the same delivery boat as people that ordered 2/3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

You could try First Ireland, or probably best to use an insurance broker.

Try Allianz. I think they insure MYs.

However as it's your first Irish insurance you may not have any no claims bonus so it'll probably be expensive. You could try chill.ie to try a bunch of insurers at once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

That's hardly for your first time insurance though. ? I'd say you would have to pay the best part of a grand for your first time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LukaszW

I have my delivery date scheduled for 14th Jun. I can pay full amount for car only around 8th Jun, no sooner. Is this enough time for them to process registration etc? Any chance my delivery will be delayed if I only pay week in advance? Thanks for any comments on this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Coming off a company car insurance for 12 years

• Advertisement

That's plenty of time. The payment will show up in your Tesla account by the next day. Registration number is not normally available until the day before delivery. Shouldn't be any delays.

Advertisement