Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akbell42

I initially did the same, but noticed that the old date was still showing up on the website, but had vanished from the App. The support confirmed that the car would only be available for delivery 21st onwards. I suspect there are smaller batches of cars coming into Dublin every few days. I say this because my friend who had booked before me was moved from 12th to 15th delivery date. There was no option of those dates for me at all. Long story short, I moved my appointment to 22nd and now it appeared on the app too.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

This is very annoying. Tesla collection text offered me 26-30 June but good chance I'll be out of the country with work then. App window said 22-30 and I was hoping it'd be the earlier side of things. Was told on chat if I don't collect this quarter it'll be given to someone else.

I've been waiting since January and been fe*ked over with a fake discount. Have to try to find someone to delegate to. They are REALLY strict it seems with quarter sales.

Honestly thinking of cancelling and waiting for HW4 at this stage.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

Got text this eve to pick a date for pickup

Only choice was 1130 or 1400 on June 30

Ordered in Jan

I have had four EDD in that time and this is first pickup slot

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jc64

I seem to have have had luck with my order. I ordered on the 16th of May, now have a text this evening to pick a delivery date and time and now confirmed delivery date for 19th of June. Model 3 long range. Very exciting! What sort of charge comes with the car do people know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dogwired

Just got scheduled for the 26th for collection of my M3LR. Starting to really look forward to it. Has anyone any experience with trade ins to tesla. Is it straight forward on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Delivery of cars that are ready before quarter end will NEVER be agreed to carry over for all the reasons that have been mentioned time and time again.. Tesla will usually accomodate people outside these periods but NEVER extend over a quarter end. Tesla move heaven and earth to ensure all available cars are delivered to the customer (and reflected in their Accounts as Revenue_. Sometimes cars can have showroom discount in latter days but the client must be able to pay and pick up by quarter end.

Best of luck with your decision... its been a journey for you

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Charge will be below 50% .....but there are many fast chargers within 5 mins of pickup location.. Because Tesla policy is to have charge below 50% they have started to give 150km free supercharge miles.

Ha ha ha "journey" is one word, my friend!

Yeah, the fates and somewhat Tesla don't seem to be aligning to want me to have a car! 😂😭

I'm going to try the delegation route this week, but likely I'll have to postpone to next quarter.

Pro: 232 car, maybe HW4?

Con: €1500 smackers extra!!! 😭

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

So were all collections for today cancelled?

Didn't someone say they got their reg yesterday?

• Advertisement

Also, what's interesting is my new delivery date for next week still isn't in the app, only under my account. Wonder if that means anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

My delivery date disappeared from the app, but is still on webpage. Meanwhile schedule link now offers me to reschedule delivery.

I never got a reschedule link this time, I was just assigned a date and time (Wednesday next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I was on to chat as my date was meant to be today and then it was meant to be the 12th. Tesla's plan is to move my car on the 12th to Baldonnell from Dublin Port. I'd imagine you're in the same situation

I'm interested to see if collections tomorrow, Thursday and Friday are still happening, I suspect they are but with Tesla you never know

Yeah, I be a bit more confident if we started to see some collections happen this week...

Have Tesla given themselves enough time for a pre-delivery check do you think? If collections from the 13th are arriving the 12th then assuming tomorrows collections are arriving today... Could be cutting it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Pre-delivery checks?

Slap on the plates and leave the rest to the customer....😋

Take the tape off, make sure there isn't a Toyota in the box

Make sure there is no box?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

I had M3 Black/black ordered and VIN assigned 3-4 weeks ago. I got a pickup date June 9th, they asked me to change it to June 6th. I could not collect because 10k was missing from order so I rescheduled to June 15th. I called them to say that I would be on holidays June 17-25 and for some reason they put my order on hold and I lost my VIN. When I rang today was told they take my order off "hold" on June 18th and then hopefully I would get a match before the end of June and pick up after I come home from holidays but no guarantees!

I did ask what happens if I don't get a car in June with regard to SEAI grant and although agent did not sound convincing he said as long as SEAI approved I would have 4 months.

I am exhausted with the carry on with Tesla. I need to get on with the rest of my life.

It really does suck all the excitement out of getting a new car - it'll just be relief when I get it, as opposed to any other feeling with all this carry on

• Advertisement

I'd love to know what happens if you play Tesla at their own game? Schedule delivery for 30th of June, then message them a few hours before pickup to say you can't make the pickup due to unforeseen logistical circumstances... Do they find somebody in a matter of hours to allocate your car to or just give it to you in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

No idea. I did not ask them to move it and when I asked why it was move they had no idea. "I'll ask a supervisor" was the response. I mentioned I was on holidays later in June and "I think" someone took that as a green light to take my VIN and put my order on hold on the basis that I would not be able to collect on their timelines. I did call back and say I would be able to collect on June 15th but my VIN had be reassigned. I'm raging but absoutley powerless. My hope and it's a faint one at this stage is that on June 18th I will come off "hold" and a car will be assigned. If it doesn't I'll have to wait, for how long is anyone's guess. A complete shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

They expect you to pay in full before registering your car with “231” plate right ahead of collection date. What is the point for playing this game with them? You’re still getting a 231 plate.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

Because it would annoy them, in the same way they annoy you

• Registered Users Posts: 24 dublin24987

To be fair you could (and should!) say the same about Tesla themselves!

Still trying to get someone to pick up the car for me. No way I can change work side of things unfortunately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Photo on FB today showing all the cars stuck in Dublin port. The boat arrived too late for a transport company to take them to pick up point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Cars parked on port:

Advertisement