Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭onemadcat

I'm only sorry I missed the discounted Black MYLR - there were whites ones available when I looked but I've waited 6 months for a Black and couldn't bring myself to jump on a white in hope another black turns up in next two weeks - so who knows.

Maybe if I cancelled my own it would come back discounted - now that would be karma!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭JOL1

Steady heads are needed! It is most likely (in my opinion) that any reference made to not honouring discount eminates from a small number of cars that appeared with showroom discount + SEAI grant, for cars that had OMSP's above 60K being the limit for SEAI grant (a known error on TESLA website). It appears to me as an observer that these messages are taken and given wings with the multiple comments made and countless speculative opinions expressed that are most likely causing concern to those impacted. My instinct is that for anyone who ordered a discounted car that had an OMSP of below 60K that the pricing will be honoured.

As an aside I have reviewed the wording you have quoted on the cancelation of the March Firesale and my reading of it is, that an error was made by Tesla at that time in applying discounts to cars that were in transit (which was not their intent) rather than confining the discount to cars in showroom that they were offering discounts on. That is different to concluding that discounts could not be offered on cars in transit. I have no wish to enter into a debate on how others may interpret but put these views forward to inject a degree of balance before everyone takes 2+2 =6.

If i ordered a car (i didn't) with a discount on a model with OMSP <60K I would sit tight and not worry until such time as I know there is a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

Agree completely that sitting tight is best course of action, which is what I will be doing. Merely suggesting for those new to Tesla shenanigans that the doubts cast from previous poster with info from Sandyford would make me think twice about cancelling an existing order until closer to collection. So many were stung by this in March.

In terms of the ‘can’t discount’. This was based on a conversation I had following cancellation last time where I put it to them that it was ridiculous to call the Ireland sale an ‘error’ when the sale was global. The response was that sales are used to manage inventory backlogs in countries with material numbers of cars ‘on site’, where they needed to clear stock to make room for the next shipment - hence ‘showroom discount’. I was told, a country where there was zero stock on site, would never be allocated discounts to ‘clear’ new stock which had not even landed yet. This sounds sensible, but of course it may not be true.

We won’t know for sure until late June.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

While I agree with both of these statements the leaf holds a special place in my heart as the start of my EV life so I won't be saying anything bad about it

The real issue is the lack of charging infrastructure in this country nearly requires a car other than a leaf if you ever intend to do long journeys. Just yesterday on my way home I was topping up at J14 and 2 leafs were queuing for the 3 chademo plugs which is not a good look for people considering EV adoption

Post edited by Red Silurian on

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

It's not just end-of-quarter that might be the cause of the discount this time though. With rumour of the upcoming Model 3 refresh (Project Highland) and then the subsequent Model Y refresh (Project Juniper), Tesla is discounting the Model 3 in multiple markets. If I wasn't waiting as long as I have and to be waiting for collection this week I might be inclined to wait for the refresh. Some other manufacturers are still taking a year to deliver current-version cars to buyers, the refreshed M3 will be here in a few months, the MY, I'd guess, will be next summer.

Yeah, I think these discounts are legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clare_Culchie

I got my Registration Document yesterday for a collection tomorrow, but the reg-number isn't appearing in Cartell.ie or wasn't on MotorTax.ie last night (for some reason motortax.ie appears to be down this morning). Any idea how long it takes between Tesla allocating the number to the car and that number showing up on whatever online databases that the insurers use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Actual wording from the previous Firesale cancellation email from Teala IE, make of it what you will;

“Dear XXXX,

We are writing to notify you of a recent pricing error on the Tesla website advertising a number of which was subject to an undue price adjustment. These vehicles were advertised in error as showroom and ex-demonstrator vehicles when in fact they were new vehicles that have not arrived in the Republic of Ireland. The website has been updated to display the correct pricing for these vehicles.

We recognise a number of customers have placed new orders for these vehicles. In line with the Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (‘MVOA’) Tesla may cancel any order if we determine there has been a pricing error. We have shared the relevant clause below:

Cancellation: […] Finally, we may cancel your order if we determine that there was a pricing error, discontinue a product, feature or option after the time you place your order or if we determine that you are acting in bad faith, in which case we also reserve the right to refuse any future orders for other vehicles you may place with us.

In this case your order for RNXXXXXXXX is being cancelled and Tesla will refund you your order fee of EUR 250.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Kelly”

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dunnea1234

So would you say it's better to wait to order now in case stock came it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭joe1303l

If you want one, order it and just be patient and see what happens. The next 2 weeks should tell a lot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ve had 3 of them.

Always maintained they are a Very underrated car, especially the Tekna / SVE model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

They also cancelled some non-discounted orders after last fire sale, so I wonder if that will happen again this time.

VW have a glut of new 52kw ID4's to sell, so smaller battery, smaller range etc.

Some garages are offering them with extra discounts, scrapage incentives etc for €39,990 and here the sweetener - 0% interest on PCP

So for example I was quoted the following sample repayments, scrapping my 16yr old, for €4,500,

Deposit Monthly repayment Term

10,500 €149 36 months

7,500 €285 36 months

5,000 €354 36 months

I have to say based on my current needs and working from home I'm very tempted to 'settle' for this for a year or two and see where Tesla is then.

I know its no comparison but in terms of value and less nonsense than we see here with Tesla pricing which is leaving a bad taste having waited for 6 months to now pay €3.5k more for a car on 30th June, and get 231 reg etc etc than cars now being offered to the masses.

Anyone any thoughts? -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

You get though various tech that is not available on Tesla like parking sensors, radar, screen projection, driver dashboard even when you go with most basic VW.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭staples7

there is a few ups but a lot of downs especially software. Its CAT especially when you see what Tesla are doing. Took VW a few years and the car 2 days in workshop to push out the smallest of updates. The only difference I could see what a % beside the battery sign in the wheel display.

Coming from an ID4 where you struggle to even get it to charge on timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Anyone get talking to any Tesla agent's today..... Only callback indicated for me for Ireland and UK....

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

That's a good deal.

What's the gmfv after 36 months? If it's over or close to 20k and they are giving 0%, I would be giving zero deposit, take there 0% finance, let them take the hit on the car, as it will be worth **** all anyway, no one wants a 52kWh 2000kg tank.

Friend of mine bought an ID3 58kWh with 0 deposit and is paying 418e a month for 36 months, traded in an old banger, less the motor tax, maintenance, fuel, its a free car for 36 months and he will buy something new again 36 months.

AIB are giving 2% apr on savings accounts now

Makes more sense to save your deposit there, pay 0% at VW bank

Tesla and the like using third party BOI and AIB and financing at 6% and giving no scrappage are a horrible option, Tesla are good if you have cash, but must say VW having it's own bank is a good option

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jackaroo2012

Do they send you the pin too. Due to pick up a Model 3 on Friday 23rd June.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

100% agree gave her the my 201D tekna leaf at the start of may she is a real carful driver she charged it Monday and she was telling me she got 270km on the GOM 😱 I know summer and all that but still 270Km

Yes GMFV is high at €23997, much higher than FI are now setting Tesla's at but it facilitates lower monthly payments and as you say you can decide when time is up to hand back, swap for another etc. It is very tempting to not pay €6k interest on top of everything else and basically rent a car for a couple of years. Did similar with a Tiguan bought at start of lockdown, 0% interest and sold it for big profit in January in anticipation of Tesla being delivered in Feb which of course was a myth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Stevie2001

That's an insane deal

You can't lose on that,

I'd be snapping at it

Got a link for it or is it just ring a dealer? Interested myself

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jasna1982

Use my Tesla referral link for free charging credits: https://www.tesla.com/referral/jasna121868

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Same for me unfortunately since yesterday. And no one has called me back (yet)

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I am just off the online chat (the inventory chat link) chasing the balance of a refund, I am now awaiting a call from the IE Finance team. chat worked fine for me today - yesterday message was no one available and to leave details for a call back.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭iceax

Also placed callbacks 2 days in a row.. One of my payments is gone into no mans land !! all info correct at AIB side . TESLA TESLA TESLA

Check out Carzone/Donedeal etc. Divanes VW in Castleisland / Tralee are advertising this on Carzone - you'll find a grey 2023 ID 4 priced at 39,950 and look at detail of how they are making this offer. They confirmed to me that this offer is available on the Pure range which is the 54kw battery entry level range

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Has anyone any experience dealing with Tesla trade in's recently. Filled out the form, sent the photos etc back and haven't heard a thing from them. Or can anyone recommend a good alternative to the Tesla trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

That's not bad, but personally speaking I'd sooner buy a Model 3 for about €400 more

The only thing I miss about it from my previous car is the parking tones/chimes which I understand will come in time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dunnea1234

I got a quote from them recently. took about a week. It was a little lower than private resale but not outrageous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭fightorflight

Filled form on Sunday and yesterday got a quote back. 28k for a one month old MY rwd with 20inch wheels and 1,400km on it.

Advertisement