Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alangil

Anybody transferred from BOI using EFT in branch or did most just transfer in block payments using Online banking? If so did it take long for the transfer to clear on Tesla's side? Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Same day I’d done early enough. Make sure to use RN Number as the reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

Outstanding balance transferred today from BOI Branch at 3: Ill let you know when it hits account.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Phen2206

It’s fairly quick via a BOI online transfer - if not same day it should be first thing the following morning except if you do it on a Friday after 15:30 it won’t show up with Tesla until the Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

I'm on my third one too. No idea why. Is it possible I'm filling out the form wrong? Delivery date is still a vague Jul- Sept.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 iamconsultant

No idea mate, they don't really have much options in there, my delivery is Thursday this week..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

I got the registeration number at 16:45, called Aviva as the number is not identified on the portal (no suprise) and they have to send it to the underwriters which leave at 17:00 and they mentioned they take 24-48 hours to confirm.. now will have to chase them tomorrow at 9:00 to collect the car at 10:30 :/

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Phen2206

That really is not good enough to give people barely 12 hours to sort insurance and tax out. Not at all surprised though as it seems to be the Tesla way. There must be people who either end up buying a ridiculously priced policy in a mad rush because they’ve no time to shop around between getting the reg and delivery slot, or else they have to risk driving the car somewhere (hopefully nearby?), park up for an hour or so while they sort out insurance?

If you’re unlucky enough to only get the reg only a few hours before delivery or worse at delivery itself, will the guys there let you hang around for as long as it takes to sort out insurance before driving away?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You don’t need to sort any tax out. Why ohh why do people get so stressed about taxing a car they haven’t collected yet 🤣🤣🤣

Insurance is a company issue. Most insurers don’t have this malarkey of going to under writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 akbell42

When do Tesla send out the 150km SC credit for the low charge on delivery? I am taking delivery on the 22nd and haven't received any email yet. Would that mean that it will likely have more than 50% charge on delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Flying Gerbil

I collected the car last Friday and got the email for the SC credit the day before. I stopped at the Ballacolla charger on the way home and the credits were used there about 2 hrs after pickup

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Temporary transfer insurance until the reg is active on insurance sites! A week will do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Got mine delivery day, 160kms, my car had 68% charge on collection

Thanks, didnt know about this option. Will try this out tomorrow if Aviva cant move it permanently before 10

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Please let me know how you get on with Aviva. I am due to collect tomorrow yet still no reg. I may have to resort to the temporary insurance myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

I collected a MYLR last Friday afternoon. Got my registration text on Thursday evening. Tried to make the change using Aviva online but the registration was not recognised by the cartell checker they use. Same story on Friday morning and I was not able to change the vehicle manually either as the model etc. was not recognised by their system.

I rang Aviva and the operator took my details but said she needed to get the thumbs up from a manager that it was ok to cover the Tesla. After only 5 mins or so on hold she came back and said everything was ok......and there would be no extra charge for the rest of the term of the policy (still has 10 months to run).

You should hopefully be fine with Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 6 vine0001

I called up Aviva this morning to sort out my insurance. Got the reg number last evening and collecting this afternoon. Aviva was super quick. Finished the process on call with an agent and I had my insurance issued instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,941 ✭✭✭✭josip

On average about 2-3 hours to appear on the Tesla side, occasionally was next morning. Might be dependent on the time of day and cut offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Just off the phone to Aviva now. They manually entered the Tesla details and there was no extra charge on my policy. I did however provide a Reg of the same spec car on Carzone to make it easier for him to complete the details!

I was also able to keep cover on my existing car for 24h which will enable me to be covered on 2 vehicles at the same time. This only cost a small fee.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

Hi Folks,

Quick question - Tesla are telling me that because I test drove a Model Y (ordered online), the distance selling rules don't apply and I do not get a refund for a cancelled order! Is this accurate? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

Use the chat box and quote distance selling rules in Ireland. You'll probably be speaking to a UK agent who will process it once you stand your ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

So, I'm having an email exchange with a Tesla Support Advisor in Dublin!..

..is their line that if you have a test drive, you get no refund - no matter how you ordered (in person or online) accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

It is accurate in terms of that's what Tesla state on the order agreement.

However, a few points:

1. Tesla cannot rewrite laws no matter how much they want to (yet, anyways! 😂). Do as @rx8 says above and you should be fine. I'm no legal expert though.

2. You don't get the order agreement until AFTER you order of course, so you can't be aware of their T&C's until after you order unless you were informed of this first upfront (which I'm guessing you weren't). Still see point 1 above though.

3. Unless you ordered on the computer in store, it's still ordered at distance no matter what Tesla say.

The EU distance selling laws makes it a bit of a logistical nightmare for Tesla and their business model of direct-to-consumer sales. It means that people can effectively take the piss and order say 6 cars of different specs and then only take the first one or whatever potentially leaving Tesla with 5 cars to sell. It makes things chaotic and it's partly why there is no queuing system and someone can walk in and order a car and have it in a month whereas another person with a long order is still waiting.

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sockman1979

Got reg this morning, collecting tomorrow, couldn’t change over online so rang them, they just had to enter details manually and no issues. Nice and simple process.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 iamconsultant

So were you able to transfer to your Zurich policy how long did the underwriter take to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

I'm with Axa, a painless 5 min phone call not long before I was rolling into Dublin on the train from Cork last Monday morning and was all done. No change to the premium to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭rx8

For anyone looking to charge at Ionity shortly after collection, here's a few pointers that were on their recent newsletter...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Don't think plug-and-charge works for us though

The easiest thing if you don't want to go messing with a phone is the chargepoint (stylised as -chargepoin+) card it's 73c/kWh and charges a credit card after the session so no messing with account balances either

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

Arrived into account at 12 noon: all paid now: due to pickup thursday next

• Advertisement

so managed to finish the insurance today before collection .. the car was really dirty outside / inside .. couple of panel gap issues and the mudflaps were not installed (and they didnt have spares to install as well).

I created the tickets while on site for those issues and agreed with delivery team to take for valet and send them the recipiet for a refund (normally up to 70 euros or something) .. not the best experience but lets see how it goes with the service.

any recommendations for good valet in Dublin ..

Advertisement