Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm off to collect a Model 3 today.....on behalf of a friend who is on holiday 🙃

I haven't been following this thread as forensically as others. Any common things to watch out for in terms of the pre-delivery inspection?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭imavi02

Hey @Gumbo hope you doing great. Just curious to see if the car collected within 14 days can be swapped with inventory cars? Thinking of upgrading to MY LR from M3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

Loads of high quality photos, including inside car, under car etc. My son literally took hundreds with a good quality camera, only took a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

You cannot "swap" - you can return your car under the Tesla contract within 14 days, subject to mileage deductions etc. In recent times Tesla have been telling people who have tried to return cars that the VRT element is non-refundable. Whether that is legal or not is not for me to say!

Assuming you get over all that, they will refund you, not swap your refund over to another car. Refund will not be quick - so really you'd need spare funds to buy the MY and wait for the M3 refund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jcount

Yes. Early this morning. Have not received any SMS to organise delivery yet. I hope there is no issues later. I ordered discount car and cancelled my original order.

Cheers. Were you able to get the SEAI grant forms sorted? What is estimated delivery date for the new order? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

You may want to try the link https://tesla.com/en_IE/schedule/RNxxxxxxxxx

Sometime the above scheduling link works before the SMS is sent out. Happened to me anyway.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

They are re-applying for grant. Could be a race against time... I dont know. Delivery now pushed out until Friday.

I believe they need to get grant approval before getting the reg.

If everything is sorted out in time. It means a €3230 discount + €5000 SEAI grant and a 231 registration.

If not, then its a €3230 discount + €3,500 SEAI grant and a 232 reg.

Both look better deals to original order.

Post edited by jcount on

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info. Keep it coming! Best of luck with it all.

I updated the comment.

I dont really understand why these cars are being discounted. Have they a different spec?

For example, has the discount car HW3... and the non discount car HW4... or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Don’t overthink it, Tesla doesn’t do logic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

Don't be so sure. If you don't collect this quarter Tesla may very well cancel your order in the discount saying that it was a condition of picking up this quarter.

Tesla doesn't do logic and they have the demand to be d***s to people.

Hope you get it on time though! 🤞

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

For all the push to get end of Q2 sales done, no movement for me. Discounted M3P ordered last night & completed all tasks in account - nothing back from Tesla yet on grant, payment, collection for a delivery window of today to Friday 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 11 SSB_86

QQ everyone, i am collecting my car tomorrow, is the screen guard for the display needed. If yes, can someone recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

It's not really needed. I had one from Aliexpress, took ages to arrive and a buddy gave it the slightest tip, and it cracked, so I took it off.

If you are going to buy anything, then get the velcro covers for the air vents under the seats, before something drops into them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

Ordered Feb 1st MY

Delivery date moved around a bit but very straightforward process, delivered as promised before the grant change.

Picked up today-

reg had come yesterday-

Very efficient and friendly staff, super helpful setting up multiple user profiles on the phone app, this thread has been a great help, thanks to all 👍🏻

To think vw had wanted €54k for a low spec life id4 and Kia wanted €47k for a Niro…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

I ordered one of the discounted model 3's in the inventory last night and was going to head in to the bank today to pay for the car but I rang Tesla first to ask about the grant and would I still get the full amount at this stage.

From chatting to them at various points throughout the day, they are still unsure if I'll be able to collect the car Friday for the discounted amount as they don't know whether they have enough time to apply for the grant between now and then. Bit of a nightmare really, not sure why they discounted the cars yesterday evening if they can't deliver them before the end of Q2. One person in chat will tell you one thing, the next person will tell you a different thing. Then if you ring them up the person you're talking to will tell you something else. Mind boggling customer support. I got one customer support agent who in the morning told me to pay for the car, there'll be no problems. Then in the evening the same guy said hold off paying until I get a grant application.

I've been told to wait and see if the grant application email comes through to me this evening, but I'm pretty sure that translates to it's not coming lol. The options I was told if the grant form doesn't come in by tomorrow are that they'll unassign the car from me and reassign it to me Saturday, but I'll lose the 3k discount, the 10k super charger kms and the grant reduces to 3500. Other option is to pay the price of the car without the grant but with the 3k discount applied, but that makes 0 sense to do I think.

Head wrecking stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭eagerv

I haven't bothered with one, but no wreckers in the car anymore..☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

Most likely scenario is that all will be sorted for you but will be last minute. My instinct says you will get the car on Friday but not having paid for the car introduces some doubt. Be ready to get to the Bank as soon as you are comfortable paying as Banks have time deadlines for same day payments.Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oxymon

Fingers crossed! They told me at this stage not to pay for it yet so I'll get on to them again first thing in the morning if there's no sign of the grant email this evening. From reading through posts it's a giant hassle to get money back off them, so I'm not going to even attempt to give them the full amount until they give me the go ahead.

I’d suggest pay as soon you can and then torment them from here until Friday. They have 4 months to claim the grant money once they’ve got it approved. If you don’t push this, I don’t think they will. They stand to gain more by not having it for you on Friday. Be mindful Tesla PDI only takes a few minutes to print a set of reg plates and make sure it’s dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Grant Application is done online by Tesla and takes about 2 minutes. Approval is automatic and immediate. Car must be registered and taxed within 4 months. Therefore there is absolutely no reason why anyone ordering a car this week even for delivery in July-September window won't get the full 5k grant.

You’re 100% right but Tesla doesn’t care about the grant, it’s just additional admin they don’t want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭elgicko

Did you get your 250 deposit for the original order back?

Hi. Got my reg this evening from Tesla but cannot tax it online? Any idea why that might be? My online insurance page doesn't recognise the reg either. Is it just not fully gone through the registration system yet? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

It normally takes until the next working day for it to show up with motortax.ie

Advertisement