Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ziggy100

LTE is patchy at best!

Hopefully they will follow through on the statement that Starlink can be used for premium connectivity over a year ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

There are reports that v2023.26.1 introduced the issue but believe it was resolved in v2023.20.7. Which version are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Anyone received a delivery date for this quater yet?

Tesla say "soon"...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 HMacN

The shower that is Tesla Customer Service giving updates...?

No chance...

I've been a quiet observer on these forums since I placed a MY order for my wife in May, since then I cannot believe the complete nonsense and unprofessionalism to date. If the math didn't heavyily stack up vs her now sold German SUV and the fact the family has gone full solar, I'd have said good luck a long time ago.

From three unilateral last minute delivery cancellations in late June to being forced to disconnect a VIN due to family holidays (the irony...), the new VIN has been assigned since July 1st, on Irish soil and still no confirmation of a delivery date - with the expected date shifting by one day, daily.

So in the interim she has a loner car and we are off on holidays again, seems like its gonna go round in circles...

They are a disgrace, hiding from all correspondence, the cars from afar seems glitchy and it seems expectations are somewhat managed by Tesla fan-boys on this and the FB site.

I'm amazed more people aren't being put off... Another case of Treasure Island...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ModelWhy

I get the frustration, I really do.

The car is great and value compared to competitors is relatively high. But the customer service really leaves a sour taste to the whole experience.

I saw a BYD Atto 3 today in person. Nicer than I expected but a bit smaller than the ad showed it. Still a good priced and sized car. But once you go dual motor no one comes close to the Tesla in terms of price and value... If you can get around their customer service!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your order by using my Referral Link - Please DM me for the link.

The amount of kit I've bought for it on AliEx, it would be a sin... but no we need the car ASAP and I don't think restarting the process will expedite. The car is fantastic value - perfect for our needs but the process is a complete charade.

I should have known and gone with my gut when I walked into Sandyford and the two agents couldn't be bothered lifting their heads from their laptops to engage - as for what they were actually doing, knowing now how little they attend to customer emails and queries, I do not know..

First world problems and all that, is the only way to think about it...

The only thing that I can say, is the owners experience is better than the buying experience. The service department are fantastic should you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

My MYLR is on 2023.20.7 and black screen when stepping into the car still occurs.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Advertisement

I’m noticing a few bugs including those mentioned previously. Latest one is connectivity issues when I get in first. Takes a min or two to actually connect. Didn’t happen previously

Slower connection is something I’ve notice recently too.

Did you notice this following the 2023.20.7 update?

Wipers are still no better but the worst bug is the nav directions not showing on the top of the driving visualisation side when you have an app other than maps open.

No, the one before that. I heard something about a data swap or network swap on the sim so put it down to that and said it should get better.

It’s gotten back to normal lately but I do notice that I can’t go pin the car and go straight into my Spotify playlist. I need to give it a minute to get connected as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

I find having the option to turn the wipers on and off via the long press of the scroll wheel much better now. Before I used to have to hit the end of the stalk to activate them every time there was intermittent rain which just meant spraying screen wash too.

The directions missing from the side screen is a weird one to have changed alright though. Hopefully they bring that back in the next update.

If you press the end of the stalk it does not spray the windscreen. Like all other cars, you have to hold the button in for a few seconds to spray the window.

Just tap the button once for a quick wipe. It’s actually easier than the left scroll wheel press.

Re Q3 deliveries it seems anyone with an inventory order left over from Q2 won’t get a delivery until the next batch of cars has landed, received email informing of such in a roundabout way…

So, any info on any ships in transit with new stock or recent updated app EDD’s on this forum?

Thandks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

Check out Tesla Motor Club here. Mr Miserable is the authority on shipping/tracking etc...

Probably not worth doing until they have a lot of cars to push out over a few days, bit annoying as wife's new car is in Dublin (if Tesla can be believed ofc) and ready to go.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

Hi everyone, newbie here!

I just placed my order today for Model Y RWD and within a few minutes, I was assigned a VIN. Just wondering if this is normal to receive the VIN so fast…

Regarding the home charger grants, as we’re not planning on SPV panels anytime sooner, planning to go with Tesla Wall Connector. I want to know if anyone went withTWC? What about the SEAI grant?

TIA

Moving from the day before to 2 weeks out, its a rolling estimate.

Have spoken to Tesla CS several times, "delivery texts will be sent soon".............

It would be handier if they said you're not getting it until say 01 Feb rather than the rolling date.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ftzr

I ordered and a Tesla wall charger in June but had to return it for credit as I was informed by email from SEAI that it was no longer on the list of approved chargers, and I wouldn’t get the grant if installed. I went with a Zappi instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 hostoi

This is actually the one thing I couldn't figure out when I got my car: wanted to clean my windscreen and couldn't do it. I found that there's two levels of pressure for that button, you can press it lightly and it "clicks" once, then if you press it harder it clicks a second time. That's when the cleaning starts happening. So I wasn't pressing the button hard enough 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

If you press lightly on the wiper button, it brings up the wiper speed menu at the bottom of the screen. You can then use the left scroll wheel to increase or decrease the speed by moving it left or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ziggy100

I have the Zappi and it's an excellent charger. Regarding the SEAI grant make sure you have offer letter before starting the work!

Post edited by Ziggy100 on

Got a delivery date for friday for the bosses car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

Thanks.

I contacted an electrician from CarPlug.ie regarding the installation and he suggested that I better go with other chargers than Tesla’s, on the basis that we have a Heat Pump! Seems super weird reason. But anyhow, after banging my head going through forums, YT videos, offers, finally decided to go with Zappi.

But now the question is, is it possible to go with 22kW (3-phase)? It is a 2022-built home. No electric shower. MCC12 meter and plan. Just air-sourced heat pump and standard electric utensils (washing machine, tumble dryer, ovens, dishwasher and electric hob).

Advertisement