Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Depending on the advisor "In Transit" can mean anything from just left the factory door in Shanghai to it's sitting at NVD waiting for the next collection window.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭JOL1

Message from tesla seems clear and reasonable .....arrival expected in coming days and they will be in touch. EDD are always a window/range and only firm up when Tesla begin to offer specific delivery slots. Any further enquires will always get a response similar to above.

Best of luck with it We know that deliveries started yesterday and it will most likely now ramp up

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Congrats, they are a fantastic car for the money. I'm holding out until Tesla eventually list a used 2022 M3LR stock. I presume they're trying to shift new stock before they start to list used. Hopefully next time they list will list the used stock at realistic prices.

You might be best placed looking for a private sale as you are much more likely to secure a "Realistic Price". Tesla are not known for offering value in the second hand market and you will still benefit from the Tesla warranty. They are also unlikely to be holding second hand stocks until " they shift new stock". Prices offered by Tesla for all second hand cars in recent times is a signal that they have no great interest in the second hand market and they offer tradeins more as a convenience (at a cost) passing most on to the trade.

I'll buy from private or any dealer(ideally Tesla) if I can get a 2022 in white or blue.

Initially I was thinking to buy from Tesla as they generally add EAP to their used stock for free which would be nice, Lane keep assist wouldn't completely disable every single time I change lane when indicating, summon(thanks to USS) would be a nice to use on rare occasions. I believe you also get an extra year general vehicle warranty or 16k kilometres? I'll sell my existing car private so I'm not worried about trade-in values from Tesla.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭FaulknersFav

So, I bought a model 3 LR, new custom order, and was delivered 13th of June.

Love the car, was waiting to get the 150km of free charge as when I got car it was at 30%

I have just noticed in my app, that there seems to be 10k of free charging kilometers…or am I reading this wrong? I thought this was just for inventory bought ModelY and 3 at end of Q2??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This is true.

I bought mine as a demo from Tesla. 2020 M3P. Full bumper to bumper warranty until March 2025 or 20k additional km.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RobTes227

Hey all

I was having a look online and I can’t find an answer so I thought someone here might know.

This is from the new inventory they’re showing currently. Not a custom

On the long range model 3, barring the rear wheel drive or all wheel drive, are there any other differences?

i see the rear wheel has an extra 15/20km range. is there different battery tech being used?

should I be leaning to one or the other ? Or is the standard range sufficient.

weekly round trip from donegal to Dublin is reason I’m lookin at LR. Charger at house and work.

Thanks in advance

rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

For me, the differences seem to be the range, AWD, performance (4.2 0-60 sec) and a few trim differences (mainly the stereo).

I was on the verge of ordering a M3P, but held off as I wanted softer suspension/larger sidewalls and we've a newborn. My debate was between LR Vs P. Down the line I may opt for Acceleration Boost

Really depends on what is important to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 RobTes227

Thanks I think I’m leaning towards the Model 3 LR RWD. I know it’s aimed at fleet customers, but I’ll be doing a decent amount of driving in it, so will get the benefit I feel. Also it may save me a stop or two at charging points over the years.

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy74

Anyone get a pickup date yet? Still showing aug 2-17.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

I wonder if they even have any upcoming delivery slots for this/next week. One of my friends is also awaiting the delivery of his M3 LR, and the window got changed to Aug 8 - 22!

The FB group is sharing some delivery stories (and photos of trucks on the way to NVD) so something is happening!!

Up to the strange delivery gods at this stage, but will be shuffling off to have my trade-in NCTed next week so that dates pushing out don't catch me out (assuming the one-month in test is a real rule).

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

I was coming through the port tunnel just after 6am this morning and spotted 3 trucks with mostly M3 on them heading north bound tunnel to NVD presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cdn16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310267462820483/?ref=share

Thanks for that @cloudhopper19!!!

@cdn16 - Tesla Owners Ireland

EDD updated: 4th to 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jimmydfish

Mine moved again from 4th to 19th. This is the 3rd move. So annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Test6699

Yes, mine moved to 4th to 19th as well for M3

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JPMCM

Hi, took delivery today of my own MY. on the way out. I noticed that there were three truckloads of teslas heading into baldonnell

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭cloudhopper19

Ours moved to 4th to 19th as well for M3. It seems to move a day a two after lower end of the estimate passes. So expecting it to change again in a day or two as tomorrow is the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Blup Blup Blup

I think this is the Tesla rite of passage. They don't do themselves any favours - a moveable estimated delivery date doesn't have much value. They'd be better off saying the estimated delivery date is August then refining when they have clarity rather than giving a day range early. Maybe it's done so people pony up earlier than they might ordinarily do. Just makes life difficult when selling your own car. Perhaps that's less of an issue in other countries with CarWow style sales channels.

Anyways, the hassle is soon forgotten once you finally get your car. No regrets with my Model Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sammy74

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Break out those F5 fingers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Conar

God that's a real sting for those waiting on the full price cars with higher APR.

Anybody know process to transfer deposit and payments onto an inventory car?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You pay deposit with your card at the time of purchase online.

You can then do EFT using your RN number as the subject at any time or in stages.

• Advertisement

Does 0% apply to a specific term of PCP or HP?

Feck, this has really made me put my thinking hat on. Thinking out should here. Should I wait for highland to land and prices of a 22 M3LR with USS to drop or do I pull the trigger on 23 M3LR with no USS but get free finance, damn these first world problems.

EDIT: Damn, my initial excitement got the better of me, after re-reading it's the LR RWD on discount, non-runner for me as I want the AWD. As Clarkson said "SPEED AND POWER"

Post edited by DrPsychia on

Advertisement