Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,904 ✭✭✭✭josip

Will Tesla have a usual Q3 shipment arriving in September or have they been delivering all through this quarter?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I've a mate with a delivery date of 19/9

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They’ve had constant deliveries in fairness this year. They were No. 1 selling EV in August. (M3, so must have a good supply chain at present).

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Put a deposit on a black model 3 long range from the inventory last night. Current estimate delivery timescale of between September 4th to September 19th.

Despite the fact I drove a RWD M3 for the last 2 years I'm still quite excited about this. Disappointed highland is too far out but it is what it is

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭JOL1

There is a ship (Hoegh Tokyo) carrying Teslas due to arrive in Zeebrugge tomorrow and I would expect they are carrying some cars destined for Ireland and delivered in Sept. If you have your vin you can check to see if it on this ship by using following link

https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

So a bit of a cautionary story..

*Finance Ireland* and possibly most motor finance companies..

Used finance to secure tesla earlier this year, the intention was to use it as a bridging loan, perhaps incurring a bit of interest and an admin fee for termination early, 2 or 3 months later.

It appears the interest is done like a mortgage, ie front loaded, so the vast majority of your initial payments are just interest and not capital. I have taken smaller loans before and it was never to my recollection front loaded like this.

Net result is a 2 or 3 month loan has cost well over 1000, meaning an effective rate well over 10% per annum.

I did ask Tesla care at the time if the loan had any major cost if my plan was to pay it off more or less straight away and they said no - probably equally as unaware of the setup.

😎

This is how loans operate, .. it is normal that at beginning most of the monthly repayment goes to discharge interest first and what remains is used to repay capital. As you pay off capital the interest will be reduced leaving more of your monthly repayment to repay capital. Thats different to say "front loaded". Early repayment attracts "early Repayment Fee" and details of this will be set out in your loan agreement (from their web site they list charges for early repayment as " 3 months interest). This is fair enough as they have upfront costs, to process the application, to credit assess the applicant and expectation is that the loan will run its full term. If repaid early a penalty/charge will apply. These loans are not meant for 1 or 2 months (Bridging) although if you thought otherwise I can understand your disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Killer_Paul

Getting the train up from Killarney next Monday morning to collect my Model Y!

What’s the easiest way to get from Heuston station to the Tesla collection center?

And what % battery should I expect my Tesla to be at when I collect it considering I’ve a 3hr (292km) drive back home!

• Advertisement

You will have to stop and charge to get home. It could be anywhere from 10% to 50% plus.

There’s a suite of fast chargers within 5 mins. It will give you time to sit there and mess around with settings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

best of luck with your new car. I hope everything goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

I see Tesla are now topping up the SEAI grant on the LR rwd to 5K, and 0% finance too. Might be worth checking out if anyone is on the fence.

I can't seem to spot this, do you have a link or a screenshot?

Interesting, wonder why I'm not getting any emails from Tesla despite being an existing owner. Must check my settings!

Just to add to the above, I wonder if this is just the 1.5k they are already offering off of all existing inventory. I highly doubt it's a further 1.5k ontop of that

Thats interesting possibility. Seems strange that nowhere on the Tesla website does it advertise the 1500 inventory discount. You would think they would get this sorted out with a view to shifting stock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Where are you getting this from? They're currently not offering anything off existing inventory!

They are, it was sent across on another email to customers a few weeks ago. I've had it confirmed through Tesla directly on an email from a sales advisor, there's 1.5k off any inventory car if collected before the end of September.

It's an Irish only deal and not shown on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Does anyone know how long before the new Model 3 will be available in Ireland? I’d like to switch to a M3 LR and I prefer the new model so I’m holding out.

I'd rather highland myself but there's no clear answer for Ireland, UK or North America. Australia and New Zealand are both right hand drive markets and deliveries start in January over there. There's not even an official announcement for the new model in the states yet.

Best guess would be Q2 or Q3 of '24 but who knows with Tesla, they could be waiting to sell stock and come October 1st open the order books. That's my biggest fear...

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

A Tesla sales guy rang me today, he was heavily pushing the current stock with all the incentives. I asked him when the new model 3 was available to order here and he just said he didn’t think it would be long but wouldn’t give a date.

In fairness, they genuinely don't have a clue. Tesla drop stuff on them all the time, no one working the sales team will have any clue about when the car is coming. It'll just go up online and that'll be that, over the years there's been some amount of last minute changes.

I still remember the debacle of the new batteries and lower acceleration times of the late '21 refresh. Everyone with an order was getting different information from Tesla, the boards were a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

Thanks for that. Anyone got a copy of the email? I'd like to see what terms and conditions apply, etc.!

If you place an order on the website you don't get it!

Think it was posted on here or the other Tesla thread, it'll be in the last few days.

It's all inventory stock, so anything preconfigured. Had Tesla contact me this morning, collecting a M3 LR next Thursday and they've updated my order agreement to include the €1,500 price adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 banjoplayernew

Aa

Post edited by banjoplayernew on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 castle96

supposed to be collection MY tomorrow. Just been given the reg and finance agreement and it's showing 6.9% instead of the 3.9 listed pn the website. just wondered if this had happened to anyone else?

Advertisement