Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

I'm planning on sending the photos today once weather clears up. When you say ages tw0nk, have you done it yourself recently? how long are you talking about once you submit all your info?

And once they give the trade in value, am I remembering right that you only have something like 48 hours to accept?

Does that mean you're tied to whatever's in the inventory for that time frame - or do you know can you accept trade in value and wait a while to see what comes in?

I have only been keeping an eye the last week or so - how regularly do they update stock does anyone know? I had my eye on one of the 620km range Model 3's but all cleared out the other day!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just depends on arrivals, cancellations etc

You just have to keep checking daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

My father sent in photos about 2 and a half weeks ago for a trade in quote and is still waiting for a trade in price. Has sold the car privately in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

My trade in valuation took about two weeks to come back (and it wasn't terrible, to be honest - it's a 28kWh Ioniq and the value Tesla gave me was the same or better than multiple Hyundai dealers when I was looking at the Ioniq 5 / Kona)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Thanks for the info all - 2 weeks isn't too bad. And at least the 0% finance option is still there on the Model Y if it comes to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

Tesla offered me the lowest trade value of any dealer in the 'trade'. Car still not sold even though it's priced to sell. I thought there would be more bite from private buyers, but I've received no interest, only from dealers. There's no MYLR's left in inventory now and I don't know what to do. If I happen to sell soon and Tesla don't deliver my order before end of March, I'll have to buy a banger. I won't buy at higher interest rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

only one M3 and three MY's in the inventory. haven't seen a clear out like that before. be interesting to see what stock it'll be filled with next and at what price point.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ir3

I can see 17 Model Y's and 4 3's (old Model) currently in Inventory when you select all deliverable.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

oh wow they weren't there 40 or so minutes ago when i checked. i note the cheapest 4 MY's all have tow hitches, very handy.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,242 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Seems it was filtering out all the ones in Cork for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Zoom Zoom

Hi Guys, firstly thank you so much to you all for your posts. I have been a regular reader of late (ordered a Highland RWD last month), about time I contributed a little (or at the very least expressed my gratitude for those of you posting updates, pics, etc) 😊. I first placed a deposit for a Model 3 in July 2017, which I bottled out of, and have done a few times since. But all-in this time! €41,832 for a white RWD.... that is staggering value. To those considering waiting for better finance and/or end of quarter discount - just a thought: the UK price for the M3 RWD is €5,000 MORE than here (£39,990). And in Ireland - the quirky and less premium Ioniq 6 53kW is €5,000 MORE too (€45,395 + €1,200 dealer fee). The BYD Seal (ok, has more range but so what when the M3 RWD real-world is getting 400km +) with dealer fee is €3,500 MORE. As a total car nut - and someone who loves value - I'm not convinced the current pricing for the M3 in Ireland will hold so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Its funny you mention that, I can actually see it dropping slightly or else the MY price going back up, its a bit odd to have the two cars the same price (or as near as the same price).

Enjoy the car, you will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jellies

Thanks. To be more precise, our local Skoda dealer (who have been great to deal with over many years) will buy the Skoda back from us at an acceptable price. So will hold off selling back to them until we get visibility of the Tesla delivery date. I have a VIN on my Tesla order so I'm assuming it is either on a ship somewhere or already in the country and will make the deadline for 0% finance. I did sign up to the Tesla trade in also, but the feedback on here suggests that that will take time to come through so we wont bother waiting.

Thanks Redfox, very excited alright. My hunch is the M3 RWD will increase by c. €2k. Model Y decrease is 100% due to the Juniper imminent upgrade, that car will be multiples of factor improvement to what is already a magnificent machine. Despite all Tesla's protestations that the Juniper is 2025, I suspect the Shanghai ones will be H2 2024 - so any Tesla follower who would want that machine I think will wait. Hence 0% PCP and €41,832 to try every angle to force a sooner move... that price point & APR is dizzying value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Yup I initially clicked the trade-in button a week ago which asks a bunch of questions in a form, I just got the follow up yesterday which asked me to use a proprietary tool to take photos of the car from different angles and answer some other questions. So my understanding is that nothing happened in the first week, and now the details will go out to indie dealers to get quotes which Im expecting to be low balls.

Honestly it might just be better for Tesla to look up the lowest price for that make/model in that year and divide by 2, then give that quote to the buyer as it will be pretty close to what they currently offer and would be instance instead of 8+ days so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Legits

Any word on when the issue with Revenue and Model Y will be resolved I am waiting on a collection date still its taking an age cosidering I ordered from Inventory in the first week of January 24

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Still not sorted. Tesla have even stopped giving an indication of when at this stage. Last week (Tuesday) I was told within 24 hours. Then on Friday I was told this Tuesday and yesterday was told not solved and will be as soon as possible

One other post which might help those who are in the same boat: namely whether to buy the M3 RWD v M3 Dual Motor. After much debate I went with the former for 6 main reasons (1) Including the financing cost, the Dual Motor was €13,500 more over the 5 year term; (2) Yes I would have loved the 490 BHP but in fairness I don't think any mortal will climb out of the RWD and think "I wish it had a bit of poke" since it is still nuts fast by conventional comparison; (3) I don't need all wheel drive & I suspect 90% plus M3 owners in the same boat; (4) Dropping from 17 to 9 speakers - I look on it as going from my current set-up to a really good 9 speaker set-up which lots of reviewers online are very impressed with; (5) The quoted extra 100km of range for Dual Motor v RWD would have been very nice, but this brings me to my final consideration... (6) For those of you who don't know, the RWD uses LFP battery chemistry v. traditional NMC chemistry on the Dual Motor - LFP offers 3 distinct benefits (Can charge to 100% regularly, far more sustainably sourced than rare earth minerals on the NMC, and will degrade less over time). So if you charge the Dual Motor to 90% as recommended by Tesla, versus 100% on the RWD, the real range difference drops to under 50km (of course you can charge the NMC to 100% when needed). I hope these thoughts are useful to those of you on the fence. And to those who have gone Dual Motor, well done you lot and you're gonna love the extra poke and speakers 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

Hi.

I paid my deposit on 2/12/23. I'm a cash buyer so no panic about interest rates. Delivery was Jan/Feb at the time which was fine.

It's gone out to April/May now which is not fine. I sold wife's car in January to a dealer who needed it straight away and she is car less now, I don't think we can manage for the next few weeks without transport for her.

My Question is, have anyone on here got the use of a courtesy car from Tesla to tide them over while they waited for their order?

Is it worth asking?

I could hire something but it's awkward as my delivery date could change anytime.

Thanks.

My reasons for going dual motor is due to the increased kilometres allowance for the battery warranty, increased range, better speaker system, power/AWD is a nice bonus. Why I say increased range is because I intend to keep the MY for probably 8 years and a RWD MY would be uncomfortably close to range limit I require even when new, and charging infrastructure is poor for my regular journey route. Both LFP and NMC batteries degrade over time, how they degrade depends on how you use and manage the state of charge. It's nice having the peace of mind that the long range version will give a big boost in range when you need it. LFP suffers higher discharge in colder climates than NMC(probably not a big issue due to our relatively mild climate compared to the Nordics). NMC (Long range) battery offers a better overall one-pedal driving experience imo.

If I didn't do much cross-country driving and mainly drove around Dublin, I'd consider RWD. Although, the AWD acceleration is addictive and makes me happy as a motorist.

• Advertisement

100% solid thoughts there... Model Y I'd go Dual Motor 100 out of 100 times too. Great choice, enjoy!

Did all go to plan today Diffidence? Getting your shiny new Model 3 on Valentine's Day, one couldn't script it... 😍

Contacted Tesla and it seems my order is just going through the system. One thing I saw that put me in a bit of a wobble was a Credit Note for the €250 deposit. But it seems that this is just part of the PCP financing process. Going to go ahead and sell my 3yo Superb Combi back to Skoda. Looking forward to an actual delivery date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭olympicweights

Will be interested to hear how the MY compares to the Superb Combi. I have one myself (2016) so I am formulating an exit plan for next year possibly. I'd prefer the M3 but the boot is just too small so I'll wait until Juniper arrives. What the price point will be, who knows! Best of luck

We moved house with the Superb Combi and it saved us a small fortune in van rental fees. Couldn't really fault it. But we have had Skodas for the last 6 years so it's nice to get something a bit different. I understand that the Enyaqs are going to have a big price drop and 0pc finance soon that may also be an option. When we were in the Skoda dealers there was a high spec Enyaq Coupe that we were told was going to get an 18k haircut from 70k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Hi.

I paid my deposit on 2/12/23. I'm a cash buyer so no panic about interest rates. Delivery was Jan/Feb at the time which was fine.

It's gone out to April/May now which is not fine. I sold wife's car in January to a dealer who needed it straight away and she is car less now, I don't think we can manage for the next few weeks without transport for her.

My Question is, have anyone on here got the use of a courtesy car from Tesla to tide them over while they waited for their order?

Is it worth asking?

I could hire something but it's awkward as my delivery date could change anytime.

Thanks.

Exact same boat here (deposit in early Nov). I was told no chance of courtesy car but might be worth a shot again from you (I find that depending on who talk to get a completely different response to a question). We did hire a car, booked it for 2 weeks...after 4 days brought it back after it had only been driven for 80kms, cheaper to taxi or hire for one day when needed...its not ideal but is workable for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭JOL1

Am sympathetic to your situation but the position from Tesla will most likely be that delivery dates are always "estimates" and are never committed to. This is the risk that the buyer takes on and I would say there is zero chance of a courtesy car (or any other gesture). The EDD could also revert again with earlier delivery.

I've never heard of a brand providing a courtesy car for that scenario. Zero chance of it happening. You'll have to rent temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

Asked the question today was told no.

I never bought a car like this before. Usually agree a trade in price and bring the car in when new car is ready for collection, no problems having to sell your old car and letting yourself stranded for what might be months.

If the dealership had your trade in sold before delivery of your new car they would accommodate you with something to tide you over guaranteed.

When I bought the tesla it was Jan/Feb which was acceptable.

Now it's Apr/May which, if I knew in December I would have bought something else.

I'll probably love it when I get it but disappointed with the process so far. Surely they can tie down delivery dates a bit tighter by now.

• Advertisement

When did your delivery date change? Mine still says Feb/March. Did you order a M3 or MY?

Advertisement