Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

Interesting news Elon reveals Tesla can software unlock standard RWD Model Y range an extra 65km – 95km range, which would suggest RWD MY and Long range have the same battery size albeit RWD software limited. This really puts the cats among the pigeons.

Current circa price difference between RWD MY and LR MY is circa 7k Euro and Elon suggest you can extend RWD to equal long range for around 2k Euro. The LR MY does have dual motors but would you pay an extra 5k Euro for dual motors if range / battery was like for like?

https://electrek.co/2024/05/04/elon-musk-reveals-tesla-software-locked-cheapest-model-y-offers-more-miles-range/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

So, in theory, I could have 550 kms range instead of 455kms for €1500 - 2k.. I don't need the extra range as most of my journeys are short enough, but it could be a nice option to have, particularly if selling. It remains to be seen how much they actually would charge for it, but I would think most owners would go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

€5k for all wheel drive and an extra ~100bhp or whatever it is? Seems like a bargain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 quandrolina

Ordered a standard MY March 28th and hoped it had arrived in Dublin on the Celine on 5th May but Tesla rep confirmed car still in transit today. My delivery window remains at May 17th to June 1st. Looking more likely to be on the RCC Compass due in Southampton May 7th the onto Zeebrugge and the on to Dublin via another ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 arunke1

my delivery window the same, collection in Cork, will keep an eye on Rcc Compass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

Do they keep much stock or is it just selling quickly?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

check the inventory page on the site. One day could be 19 and then 0 the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

Yeah thanks,hard to see past that M3 @€38k, apparently though they're terrible for trade-ins?

Yes they send it to the trade and pass on quotes sight unseen. Always better to sell privately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not relevant for us as our RWD come with LFP batteries which are not configurable into a LR vehicle

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 AccyStan94

Interested to see if anyone can beat my record on order of Tesla M3. I ordered M3 in DECEMBER 2023 and app now showing delivery in JUNE 2024. Ordered Black, no extras…JUNE 2024!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭md23040

Ordered on Feb29 and had the delivery range May 8 to May 23. Tesla rep a number of weeks ago said it should be on the Celine on May 5 and could be collected that week.

Called again this morning and confirmed that it is arriving to showroom May 20 but can collected next day.

As based out of town told them would call Sat 25 at 11am. It better not move again.

Updated : received text message on May 8 and have scheduled collection for above date and time within app, so at least all confirmed.

Post edited by md23040 on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bwhite

ordered Model 3 February 3rd. Was given EDD of Feb-Mar. Pushed to Apr-May. Then May-Jun. Then given a 2 week window in May.

I’ve now sold my own car as I had a good offer.Now pushed out til mid June again. Infuriating!

No explanation.
    Blue, 19 inch wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Break80

Ordered 2nd December.

Got an email looking for full payment about a month ago. Asked for the Vin number by email and got it by reply.

Paid in full 2 weeks ago. New price so happy days.

App was 17th to end of May.

App is now 16th of June to end of June and my Vin number is gone from the App.

At this stage of the process, I can only smile to myself. Absolutely bonkers way of buying a car and admittedly I was bonkers to buy into it.

Stubborn b##t##d that I am I will see it out.

Update to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AccyStan94

@Break80, whoa - you win. Sorry to hear it’s gone that long and fair play for patience. Has there been anything on inventory you could have applied for? Hopefully all resolved in coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Ordered an Enyaq in June 2022 with a delivery date of up to Jan 2024 (cancelled a few months in and switched to the new Ariya).

Ordered a Nissan Ariya in September 2022 with a delivery date of NEVER as it turned out. RHD production was stopped and deposits returned.

Ordered a Model Y after the Q3 price cuts and had it 5 months later. At that time 5 months was considered about average.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

Just got an email / Txt invite to pick up my MY RWD which I ordered on 15th February.

I booked in for 25th May Dublin pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chickenfilletroll

I ordered a standard model y on the 13th of Feb. App has been saying the 8th of May to the 23rd the last while now.

Just received a text from Tesla to confirm my delivery date, 24th of May was the earliest appointment, unfortunate because I'm going away for a week on the 25th. Would have been great to get it a bit earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 90pinions

Also got message today (ordered mid-Feb for grey and with Quiksilver change it pushed to July, so I ordered black RWD on April 5th) — I'm collecting on May 25th.

Two things if anyone had advice, for charging to get home to Co. Louth, Sandyford a bit out of the way - what are best apps you'd recommend for chargers and any other apps for new EV owner you'd recommend?

Secondly, anyone got a decent collection checklist I should have with me?

Thanks.

Anyone with a confirmed Model Y delivery in Cork yet inside the window of May 17th -June 1st?

• Advertisement

my delivery same 17 may-1 june, collecting in Cork, have a vin number, I was chatting with Tesla today, they thinking my car still in transit

A Tesla rep did say to me that there was a provisional date of delivery into Cork for 30th May but I am sceptical

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭rx8

ABRP, (A better route planner) is essential, also ESB E-Cars, and maybe Ionity for the times you can't get to a Supercharger

• Registered Users Posts: 32 90pinions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Sorry to see the delays with deliveries. Will likely be ordering a M3 soon. Do you think the preconfigured cars get delivered more quickly? Want to sell my current ICE car now but don't want to be carless for months.

The pre-configured model 3s in the inventory will most likely be on a boat already possibly the Morning Post delivering RHD to Southampton, it should then go to Zeebrugge and another ship would drop it to Dublin. Being realistic end of June to anywhere in July would be an ETA. If you custom build and its not already on a ship in transit then that will take months in my opinion but I could be wrong. To my limited knowledge the Model 3s only come from China not from Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NeverAroyal

Not sure how much you can read into an individual case however I ordered my grey M3 on 19th Feb> then cancelled and ordered again on 12th April (had second thoughts and then said life is short :) ). I had April- May originally as the estimated date in the app. It then changed to 8th May -23rd May. On the 9th or 10th of May it changed again to 28th May - June 12th or something like that. I rang up and asked and they said sorry I cannot track your car unless its on the ground. I was in the supermarket yesterday and got a delivery email for me to schedule. I scheduled for June 10th in Baldonnel but it only gives you about 4 days to pick from in May and June.

• Advertisement

no, I sent a email, no respond so far

Advertisement