Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Definitely worth getting onto Tesla to see if they can allocate that car to you. Especially if you are fully paid up and your wife has no car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Use the webchat and try to get them to match that car to your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PurpleShrub

The color looks great! Excited for our Quicksilver MY to arrive soon as well

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Get into chat and ask them to move your order to that car. Is it available for collection?

Just leave them as is but keep a set of baby wipes in the car for immediate mop up of any spills.

Also while it’s new and fresh give them a big clean and coat them with some Gtechniq L1 or another branded leather sealer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I've decided on a M3 RWD but haven't pulled the trigger yet as I want a 242 plate. Assuming I won't receive delivery until July at the earliest would I be given a 241 if I order in June?

Reg plates are based on date of registration. So you can order now and get delivery in July and it will be a 242.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭pah

I ordered last week, guys in the Tesla centre at my test drive said it would likely be a few months wait

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Ivor_Guddon

got my vin and apparently mines due between June 6 - June 21 from Giga Berlin

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bwhite

anybody know the registration options? Mine is due late June, is there an option to wait and not register until July to get a 242? as much as it might pain me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

I got my VIN yesterday evening for my Model Y.
    They seem to be moving on the model Ys at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

No, they won't allow the delivery to cross the quarter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Anyone have any issues with towbars and trailer mode on their car?

I bought a bicycle carrier from Halfords however trailer mode remains red when electrics are connected and twisted into position and lights are not activating. I've a 13 pin to seven pin adaptor en route today so I can check another item I have at home with an older 7 pin connection. I haven't logged a fault as I want to diagnose where the issue lies first - Halfords or Tesla.

if it’s ready you’ll be told to collect. They register it on arrival so by the time you find out it will already have its reg.

Known problem on most EV’s. The aftermarket stuff doesn’t integrate well. ID4 had the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭redlead

I ordered end of April and they put a note on it saying I wanted delivery held until July for a 242 registration. Not sure how much notice is taken of that but there is no way I'm taking a 241 now.

Generally if you delay delivery across the quarter end they basically just reallocate the car and then move you to the back of the list which could mean waiting until the end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭redlead

Which is my worry so hoping it just doesn't arrive until July. In saying that, what private buyer is going to accept a new 241 a week or two before the change of registrations? It would be very silly and bad customer service.

They generally will do whatever it takes to close a delivery for quarter end due to their financial reporting and impact on share prices. In reality, I don't get the obsession with the 141/142 plates. Maybe for optics it looks better when you change from 142 to 151 but the six monthly move is nonsense really. It makes very little difference to the value of the car and there are many, many more factors that will dictate second-hand value. They could drop prices by €3k or €4k again in September and that would impact a buyer more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Lots of people including myself bought a car new that was registered past Mid-June of that year. Doesn't seem to matter much now 3 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Would you listen to yourself @redlead

I’d say you might just be lucky with deliveries an it not arriving. But if you miss the June delivery, you may well be waiting until August/September then you can start worrying again about 142/151,Issues!

Hopefully I’m wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭supue

Was this in relation to my comment - the towbar came with the car from the factory, the bike rack is from Thule so not aftermarket on the towbar side. Hopefully can pinpoint the issue over the weekend with something else connected.

Yes that’s different then. So you got a bike rack that just clips onto the oem tow bar as such?

In that case open a service ticket as it sounds like the software was incorrectly installed or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

I’d hold off for July at this stage. Even if they say they’ll reallocate your car, they’ll still need a new buyer to appear who wants that specific car, has the money in order today, and wants it a few days before the changeover.

As for the the original point about it being poor customer service by Tesla, you’re incorrectly assuming that Tesla cares about you, or the Irish registration system - once you’ve taken delivery of the car, they’re done and gone until you need your next new Tesla.

Tesla have a delivery ‘problem’ at the end of each quarter, as the market watches their delivery numbers closer than other manufacturers, and by all accounts so far, Q2 is looking pretty awful for tesla, with big year on year drops in sales.

so they’ll push you hard to take delivery in Q2, but I’d personally decline, and play chicken for that week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭josip

Not a fair game of chicken though because if Tesla have cars in Inventory that they reckon they can shift before end of Q, they'll discount them by 5-10%, someone else will snap it up and redlead is brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

Will Tesla be hit with the new tariffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bwhite

getting my car tomorrow and the they’ve told me it won’t be fully charged, and I suspect I won’t have enough charge to get me home. Hopefully one of you fine folks can give me some guidance as it’s harder to find online with certainty than I thought so I apologies for the total newbie questions.

1 - can I use any CCS charger on my way home without adaptors? If I need an adaptor have I got one included with model 3.

2 - home charging question - have a zappi gen 2 at home that I used to charge my hybrid. Was told from get go this is ok but only now starting to get anxious. It’s a tethered cable type 2 already on it. Is this definitely compatible and if so, will I need an adaptor it?

any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭eagerv

1. Yes.
    2. Zappi will be fine. No adaptor needed for both cases.

Enjoy the day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

You far from Sandyford? Mine only had 14% when I picked it up made it no problem. There’s also fast chargers at Kill which isn’t far from the pick up centre. Well wear.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

Advertisement