Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

1390391392393394396»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Just a matter of preference really. If you dont get them, the car doesnt fall apart. It just gets dirty faster :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭josip

Hoovering works on ours.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yeah I understand the preference alright. It’s just the first thing I see people posting here and the FB group when anyone asked about accessories.

Maybe I should try them and see if I’m converted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭positron

Did anyone have Tesla cancel the delivery appointment planned for this week? I got an email saying logistics error from their part and the car is still not in the country. This now pushes it past the trade in offer time as well. No mention of when delivery could be, just a cancellation and 'we will let you know '.

Turns out my neighbour is also getting the exact same car next week. And the Elon cringe factor.. I am really really tempted to cancel the order and be done with it all. If it wasn't for my kids going on and on about ambient lights and the screen at the back.... Grr, Christ on a bike!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Had a delivery date of today, was pushed to next Monday, also citing logistics delays.

Ring them up and ask are there any other colours available in the upcoming shipment they could match you to, so you still get the car but its slightly different to your neighbours.

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Now that Tesla cars are priced in the premium economy range owners no longer have the ability to ask their butlers to go out and hoover the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 mklp87

Model 3 std, white, ordered 25th May, Delivery date tomorrow and reg appeared at 1pm today. New finance offer 0.99% applied and interest cost is less than weekly grocery, lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭JOL1

Congratulations…a kid on Christmas Eve. With pricing and finance its a lot of car for your money. You will love it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bobcatboo123

Only leaves a day to organise insurance etc.was hoping to have my reg a few days before collection

• Advertisement

Its best to plan around getting it last minute …usually the day before is the norm.

Transfer from existing policy. 5 mins?

Get a few quotes now to have them ready.

Post edited by Gumbo on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It's normally just within 24hrs so expect the afternoon before the day of collection, just insurance and toll account to be updated really, tax can follow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭dubrov

Looks like the Schedule Highway is arriving into Dublin at 9pm tonight. I'd say there's a good chance of quite a few Model 3s on it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bobcatboo123

Did you pick the model 3 up today? Was there much charge on it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

RWD pickup this morning at 30%, the place was wedged with new cars, 150kms free SuC for pickup day

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kauyeung

Just got pushed out from 15th Aug to 30th of Aug to 23rd Aug to 4th Sept, from a June/July delivery order. How are they so bad at logistics and communication?

logistics? - because all our cars come on a boat from China, taking at least 4-6 weeks and aren't built to order.

communication? - because we're a small country and nobody gives a ship about us. We represent <0.1% of the global market based on sales.

What you refer to are estimated delivery dates which can and do change. (recent one you mention is just 4 days from end of previous dates). They will be handling hundreds of cars with logistics of getting them from Shanghai —> Zeebrugge —) Dublin Port —> NVD Baldonnel —> Customer are always subject to delays along the supply chain. It is an asymetric supply and Tesla delivery staff have to stagger large volumes which arrive at one time and that takes time also. EDD's are dynamic and visible in your phone app and one could argue that it is the level of communication from Tesla (via the app) that is contributing to your stress. With other Car manufacturers you wont have the same visibility and you wait until they contact you about delivery.

If you have a VIN you can expect a car shortly and it will be worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭redlead

Me too from an initial May/June estimate. The communication is absolute crap, there isn't that much of an order book in Ireland for someone to call you and explain why the constant delays or give an actual genuine date. Its not really good enough to just push a date out on an app everytime the car is due. More and more people buying Teslas aren't going to be fanboys who just accept the "thats just Tesla, tough ****" sort of excuse for poor customer service. It won't be good for them in the long run.

I disagree on the VIN comment. I've had my Vin for nearly 2 months and still don't have a car.

• Advertisement

I get that the cars are shipped in and take 4-6 weeks... Which means they should have a fairly solid EDD once the car is on the Ship. My EDD has moved 3 times from July now to Sept. Did my car miss the boat 3 times ?

On communication, I just want the app or Tesla sales rep to notify me that the EDD has been delayed. If I don't check the app, I would be still expecting the car this month.

I'd agree, no communication would actually be better than poor communication. I've been expecting my M3 since the end of July (first EDD 16th July to 30th July) and been disappointed 3 times.

If they called me when the car arrived without EDD and it was Sept, I wouldn't have a problem with that !

The cars aren't built to order so your car never actually goes onto the boat 🙂. It becomes your car while it's on the boat, used to be around Suez I think. So it sounds like for 3 different boatloads your order didn't get matched against a car on the boat. Which was either very unlucky or you've ordered an unusual spec like a red MYP with hitch.

No it's a standard RWD in White no extras, think quite common version. I've had my VIN 2 weeks after order and hasn't changed!

Advertisement