Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭DataDude

So that indicates there is another boat soon then? Gives me some hope. Suspect there’ll be a lot of cancellations over next few weeks so maybe will get lucky. Can’t wait past end May for ours.

The black performance with 7k knocked off (was 4K last night then another 3k this morning) for 70k is looking awfully tempting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

@mun1 if you are really interested in swapping for Gemini wheels and cash your way PM me as I really want induction wheels but order made in Oct (collection 21st March) has geminis. I placed second order when price dropped to include induction wheels but no vin so no clue when that will arrive (still Feb-Mar delivery window)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sprocket123

MY RWD ordered Feb 4th with Apr-May delivery has just flipped to June-Aug. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

Same here for MY RWD Black/black

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

EDD just updated to specific dates, from the previous vague “Feb - Mar”. Hopefully it means a Q2 shipment is secured.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

Mun1. I have a lr booked for April/May with Geminis and will swap with cash your way for the inductions when it comes in if it suits you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

My RWD (ordered 20th December, updated to induction 14 Jan) changed from Feb/Mar to 16th June-30 Aug.

LR I ordered 11 Feb coming in at 25 April-11 May.

Plan was to take whichever comes first, looks like LR which I wouldn’t be overly disappointed with if dates hold.

Dates seems a bit random given I ordered LR in Jan and have a delivery date months after yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jowlsy

For people ordering multiple models to take one, I presume you’re forfeiting the €250 deposit on the one you don’t take?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

MY LR (Black). Updated this morning from April/May to 15 June - August 29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Easily downgraded/swapped with cash your way with someone who really wants them. You could also keep them and get a set of Geminis with winter tyres to use as a winter set.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭mun1

Nope, will be getting deposits back under EU distance selling rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

Model Y Long Range Estimate Delivery Changed to April 25th to May 11th

Ordered on Jan 18h.

All Standard

Satisfied with dates if they are held.

What config the you order? Mine was all standard.

Black/Black.

Not sure which is standard colour!

White used to be but they added black free too with price drops in Jan. My order is white.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Carcharonjuice

Does anyone have a theory as to how estimated delivery dates would change by 3+ months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

MY LR standard spec, ordered at first light on the 13th Jan just changed from Feb Mar to June 15 - August 29.

I think it will turn up in inventory at some point. This sales model is very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Fyi One buyer on Facebook has his registration number. Didn't get a mail or text, appeared in his account.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Poyndexter

MY RWD white with black interior just changed to 16 June to 30 August. I ordered Jan 28. Hoping for a cancellation now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭josip

I think the only thing we can be certain of is that there aren’t any RHDs for Ireland on the DREAM ORCHID.

Now the fun starts (again) to try to discern a pattern from the various date ranges being given.

This morning’s updates are all for MYs, both RWDs and LRs.

The initial month-month range has tightened into 2 distinct ranges.

A 2 week date range Apr 24/25 – May 10/11 and a more vague 6 week range of Jun 15/16 – Aug 29/30

Hard to tell from posters’ orders why some are Apr-May and some are Jun-Aug.

Maybe with more info a pattern will emerge.

At this stage the only commonality I can see is that White MYs are in the earlier batch and Black MYs are in the later batch.

But if you’ve seen WuWas videos you’ll see that batches are always a mixture of colours so I doubt if that’s the differentiator.

Although the Tesla process is opaque and appears chaotic, things do change for a reason. We just don’t know what that reason is. I have always suspected that the date range tightening, as it has done today, is in some way tied to the RHD batch of cars being made/scheduled in Shanghai.

For those whose MY RWDs were on the HOEGH for Q1:

The date range tightened like we saw today on Jan 6.

The HOEGH CHIBA departed on Jan 27 (from Taicang, not Shanghai South)

Hidden VINs appeared on Jan 31

It will be interesting to see if a similar schedule is followed this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Black MY RWD ordered 20 January went from Feb-Mar for the longest time, then to Apr-May for a few days and now has changed again to 16 June - 30 August. Disappointed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Maybe you should put that as a Google Sheet so people can add their details to it.

I ordered a RWD y in black, order is now showing 16 June - 30 August. Originally was Feb-Mar, ordered on the 25th Jan

Looks like the Black LR's were given 15 June to 29 August and the Black RWD's 16 June to 30 August. Pretty sure they'll use the same boat instead of one arriving the day after the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 yazzer

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭liyan

Great analysis. 😄

It’s a MY LR basic for me (white paint, black interior, 19’ wheel), changed from MY RWD on 14th Jan.

Use my referral link to purchase a Model 3 or Model Y and save 500 EUR: https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/yan759808

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kenajonn

• Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
    • 18’’ Aero Wheels
    • All Black Premium Interior
    • Autopilot
    Your Model 3

View Design Details

Estimated Delivery: July 17 - September 30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

I have an order in for a black MY LR since Jan 13 ( a change from Oct RWD )

EDD now June-Aug

I just ordered a MY LR in White

EDD now Apr-May

What a F$%^%$^%^ up system

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

Same for me. Changed to LR from RWD on the day of price change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I see one of the Demo M3s is gone - only one M3 there now on the site.

Totally perplexed how they can still have estimated delivery as April-May 2023 if you go to order a car after they have pushed people that have already ordered to 2nd half of year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

If they have no hope of meeting the delivery date it's disingenuous at best and possibly illegal at worst

Robs competitors of orders while people sit waiting for something that wont happen in the time frame promised.

I myself cancelled a new EV6 in Jan when Tesla dropped their prices and I seen the EDD of feb-mar

Advertisement