Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When someone knocks your bike over (Dublin airport)

• 30-07-2022 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Just off a plane and went to get the bike to go home. Cover on the bike didn’t look right.

peeled it off. My helmet face shield was under the bike. I chain it to the bars under the cover. Mirror snapped clean at the bar sitting under the bike. Indicator broke and hanging off.

Just to note. I only park where bikes can go, no cars. Never anywhere where pedestrians need to pass. My bike was chained at the front to a stationary metal thing, to the left a big metal electric thing and one bike to the side when I left it. Anyone who parks regularly at the airport could guess the spot.

tank is scratched. I have never dropped my bike myself.

so someone dropped my bike hard enough to mess it up and picked it up and left it like that.

Thanks a lot.

anyone know anywhere in Dublin to get the mirror replaced. Preferably tomorrow? Or do I have to wait til after the bank holiday? It’s dark out so no idea if there is more damage. Rode it home with one mirror. That’s a weird experience

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 abmoto

Bastards. If they weren't they would have left you a contact number at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

What a bummer, hard to advise on the mirror without bike make, model??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

So update. Need the part ordered and it’ll be a few weeks. It’s the housing bracket for the mirror which is also part of the clutch handle. The scratched plastics are just going to be like a bike scar. The indicator I fixed with Gaffa tape. For now.

2 year old bike. It’s a shame.

motorcycle community is small in Ireland. When parking your bike next to another bike take some care. Especially at the airport where it might be a while before it’s noticed.

its **** returning to our bikes and seeing someone messed it up whether it’s on purpose or in this case most likely an accident. Lotto quote “it could be you”

finally if you knocked a bike over in the airport in the T1 bike spots in the past 4 weeks

1. thanks for at least picking it back up
    2. it may have had a cover but the damage underneath was worse than you thought
    3. Im not angry. I am disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Any cameras?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Have you contacted the parking company? If you paid for parking you have a reasonable expectation of security. I'd be looking for a response from them and CCTV footage. Then you can report to the gaurds...

• Advertisement

Wouldn't it have been a lot less bother in catching the bus or taxi than leaving a bike there

for however long you did?

Easy to be wise after I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

You should be able to go wherever you want and expect your stuff not to be touched or damaged by some c*nt who then f*cks off leaving you to pay for the damage they caused.

Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The only obligation the parking provider has is that their property doesn't damage your property. If someone else damages your property it's their job to report it not the place where it's parked.

You won't get access to CCTV, you have to contact the Gardaí and they can request CCTV.

Advertisement