Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Washing machine detergent

• 31-07-2022 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Just curious what washing machine detergent do you use and why. Is there one you prefer... Liquid, Pods, Powder etc; .Recently I've switched back to powder Aerial I find it brilliant. It seems to keep whites white, it is a little pricey but definitely find it the best. I have used pods and Liquid but think I'll stick to Aerial powder.

Another tip I got was to put the Powder into a mesh bag and put that directly into the drum of the machine rather than the drawer.

Anyone else have tips or preferences!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Experience is there's no one size fits all product really.

I use Aerial liquid for colours, it + Vanish oxiaction (or a supermarket knockoff if its not on discount - these really are all just the same) for whites and Woolite Darks for black clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Is there much of a different between biological and non biological powder in terms of actual cleaning.

Aware of the sensitive skin Pros and cons

I use biological powder, even though we have sensitive skin in this house. The non-bios just weren't doing a good enough job at low temps.

I found liquid detergents definitely made the machine smell after a while. Never have a problem with smells when using powder.

Currently using Almat biological powder and find it great.

If hanging your clothes outside to dry, hang your colours, especially blacks, inside out, as sunlight will bleach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Fully agree with you on liquids (i also think pods) with the smell. My washing machine is about 7months old I use it approx 3 times a week and recently found a smell in the drum when the cycle was finished. I always leave the door open and dry it with an old T Towel but I find since going back to using washing powder its much better. Bio v Non Bio is something I never really understood. I am currently using Aerial Original powder. I've decided also I'm going to try and wash min 40° but higher temperature as often as possible. I think quick washes on low temperatures aren't great tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

Bio v Non Bio is something I never really understood. I am using Aerial Original powder and will not wash anything less than 40°... Last week I did a 50° wash on white towelsand the result as I hung them on the line I was happy with. Although the cycle was just over 2 hours long.

• Advertisement
Advertisement