Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schoolbag

Options
  • 01-08-2022 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm hoping someone can help with schoolbag size. I have a 5 year old starting junior infants this year and unsure about size of bag to purchase, I've found one which is 34cm x 23cm x 13cm but I think it might be too small?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Maybe- doesn't need to be big- but should have space for a lunchbox and pencils and colouring stuff. Most leave books in school now.

much of the art and papers sent home may be A4 sized so might be nice to support that size without folding.

“Roll it back”

Most schools send home a large mesh folder with their homework in it. I'd measure the height of the bag against the height of the folder. It would definitely need to be 30cm+

• Administrators Posts: 14,033 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I never go past Sporthouse bags. My eldest is starting 5th Year and the bag he got starting junior Infants is still on the go.

I've always used The City Hopper for primary school and then onto the bigger bag for secondary.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Make sure it can hold an A4 ..item.We have Duc backpacks, they are 40cm and tall enough to hold an A4 folder.It would need to be about 40cm tall, as the A4 just fits nicely into that.

Honestly he probably won't carry much more than his lunch and drink most of the time but there may come a point where an A4 folder comes home weekly.Ours have done for JI amd 1st class this year, and will do for next year and beyond too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

started our very slight 4 year old in school too this Sept and was wondering about bag size.. Ended up getting this one from Amazon

have to say it is spot on.. Now she does have a separate lunch bag but just a cool bag really that fits in, and those folders do fit just a little bend on it.. I see kids going in with these huge bags on their backs hanging down, looks so uncomfy. This one sits great and is waterproof for rainy days

• Advertisement
Advertisement