Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online childminder search

Options
  • 01-08-2022 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi there, unfortunately have to do a nanny search after ours told us she is going back to Brazil. I looked on the Facebook pages where I contacted her a few years ago but very little activity. Similarly Mind Me only seems to have 5 minders registered within 3km (we are in city centre!). Can anyone recommend an up to date online resource?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

It's all a nightmare! We have a new childminder starting next week and found her through one of the Facebook pages but it was a real struggle. Lots of shops, libraries etc. aren't allowing notices like they used to (I was initially told it was a Covid measure) so it is hard if you are not hugely established in your area for recommendations. Schooldays have a section for childminders too. I never had luck with Babysitters.ie or Suresitters.ie. Mindme used to be better but it seems like noone checks their messages there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Schooldays.ie and mindme worked best for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

We found ours on schooldays

Advertisement