Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not getting verification on the 365 app

Options
  • 01-08-2022 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I've been trying to pay for my daughters college accommodation today but I'm not receiving any verification messages on my phone or my wife's phone despite trying numerous times with both my debit card and my credit card. The payment was due to be paid by close of business today and she is now panicking due to this glitch. Are you aware of issues with the app and if so when can we expect it to be sorted?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

You should receive a notification on your BOI Mobile App when making an online payment. If you open your app on the log in page and you should see the option 'Waiting for your approval' which is where you should find the notification to approve this payment.

You would need to go to the app and follow the steps to approve this payment as soon as you are prompted to do so in order to prevent the notification from timing out.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Hi Eve,

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't really help me. I'm fully aware of how the system is supposed to work but as I said in my OP I'm not getting a verification through to any of my registered devices. I was hoping you may know if there were any issues with the app?

We will be trying to make the payment again today, so will see if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks for coming back to me.

There are currently no issues reported with the BOI mobile app at the moment. I would advise that you check that you are using the primary device to approve online transactions.

I've provided a link below to more info on how you check/ change your primary device, I hope it helps.

Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) | Bank of Ireland Group Website

If you need any further assistance you can certainly call our customer service desk on 0818365365 and one of my colleagues can look into this for you further.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭HorseSea

OP exactly the same issue here paying Motor Tax Online. Tried three or four times and no payment appeared for approval on BOI App.

Eventually when I tried hours later a popup appeared with a swipe option to approve, it still never appeared on the home page of the app but it worked anyway. Keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Don't wait on the push-notification, do as the instructions indicate by opening the BOI app (and don't initially login) within 45 seconds of the pending transaction.

BOI should provide a test transaction page within the PC browser site to initiate a verification request or push-notification on the associated mobile device.

• Advertisement

Yeah, tried that option as well but no joy! Also tried using my wife's card and requested the approval notification be sent to her phone on the payment page but again no joy. Honestly I'm beginning to think it's a joke that every bank in this country wants us to go electronic for all of our banking needs but doesn't back it up with apps that function properly or people on a phone who can sort the issue

So it's not just me! Tried numerous times yesterday with different cards, debit and credit. None of them worked. You wouldn't want to be relying on or need it done in a hurry1

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Same for me too. Never had a problem before, but now my credit used with my Apple ID suddenly needs to be authenticated and I’m not receiving anything to the phone or to the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Nickla

I haven’t been able to use my credit card online since BOI added the push notification requirement - I’ve been on to them a few times but just get passed around to different people who can’t solve the issue or the call just gets dropped - the last call ended with them saying they would need to look into it and someone would call me back. It’s only been 3 weeks since they promised to call me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi all,

Please contact our colleagues in the mobile app team team on 0818200362 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday where we can resolve these issues for you in regards to authenticating transactions.

Nickla, apologies for the delay in having your issue resolved also. Please send us a private message where we will take some further details to have this resolved for you if you are still facing issues with the credit card.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
Advertisement