Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should iPhone find network automatically in USA?

Options
  • 02-08-2022 11:33am

I think all iPhones have LTE so should work in states?

Answers

Found the answer. iPhones are made for regions. Will work with wifi but not on networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It will absolutely find a network and will work. The key will be what roaming package you are on as to what you will pay.

You could get a local SIM and put that in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not an iPhone user myself but friends have used iPhones in US without issue.

Have a look at the network device compatibility over the networks in US with the link below, it shows what bands each network supports. Older phones are less likely to work across all networks as they won't support those bands.

https://www.frequencycheck.com/countries/united-states

I've also added a link for Ireland...

https://www.frequencycheck.com/countries/ireland

Where you are more likely to experience an issue is if you are using one of the discount networks here which have poor contracts with international providers you might struggle to get a conneciton to a network they have an agreement with.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have never had an issue with my iPhone in the US. Vodafone SIM. Can't remember what network over there it prefers to connect to, but I never had any coverage issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Use an wifi/eSim for data, and your primary number will have no issues connecting for cellular voice/text etc.

• Advertisement

Hate to revisit but this is a bloody curiosity now. Irish number with Eir, iPhone X, will receive and send texts but voice calls in or out won’t happen. Any ideas? Eir doing deals just for texts in the states?

Advertisement