Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carers allowance for COPD

• 02-08-2022 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Just wondering if anyone has received carers allowance for looking after someone with COPD?

My parent is in their 70s with sever COPD (not on an oxygen tank yet) and the smallest tasks have them gasping. I do almost everything for them apart from showering/toilet/feeding. Apart for all the house tasks, I would arrange and bring them to any appointments, collect and sort out medication, pay any bills, collect money (not from post office) etc. I have never applied for carers as I assumed it would be rejected as it seems like the criteria is very hard. My parent is just getting the pension and no other welfare payment.

Any information would be gratefully received, thanks.

**Thanks already to @Dempo1 for their help on the topic**

Comments

My Father gets this for my mother with COPD.

Put down in the application everything you do, all the care you provide, and always put the worst-case scenario down.

My mother has a cpac machine, but its about how much care you provide.

Good luck.

Advertisement