Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Hockey 2022-23

Options
  • 03-08-2022 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Over the past ten years or so, we've had a few Boards.ie Fantasy NHL leagues. This has fallen by the wayside a little bit in recent years, but I do have some spots available in a league for the upcoming season, which has some Boards.ie members already in it.

The league (called the GFHL, or Global Fantasy Hockey League), is a two division league with 24 teams and promotion and relegation between D1 and D2. Division 2 is where new teams start, and is a relatively beginner standard, perfect for anyone who might want to give the sport a try. We run on the Yahoo platform, and it is a Head-to-Head Points league. An interest or rough knowledge of the sport and the NHL is preferable.

Rosters: 16 players, comprising of 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G and 4 Bench.

Scoring: Goals (5), Assists (3), Shot on Goal (0.5), Powerplay Points (1), Hits (0.25), Blocks (0.75), Wins (2), Goals Against (-1), Saves (0.35), Shutouts (1)

It is a live snake draft that takes place in the last week or so before the regular season, at a Europe-friendly time - usually around 8pm in the evening.

Please let me know in the replies or in a PM if you would be interested in finding out more, or in joining the league.

Worth Noting - Fantasy Hockey is far busier than the likes of Fantasy Football or FPL, and requires lineups to be set each day, from September to April. It is much closer to Baseball, in that respect.

Cheers,

MJS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Count me in if there's space

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DexterBlackstock

Stumbled upon this in search for an Irish league this year! Would love to join a league if it’s still going!

Advertisement