Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,371 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Craig is actually freaking me out slightly!

What did Tony say last week???

Think this is just going to be silly scores all night.....

Great start to the night. Tony was brilliant

Tony was great.

But Will was incredible. The start portion was just brilliant. And as much as she annoys me, Nancy deserves great credit for the choreography.

Am. Az. Ing. Molly. Brilliant.

I really like Molly and Carlos. I thought that was great.

• Advertisement

I think Mollie's great but I wasn't overly impressed with that, all a bit pedestrian, not nearly staccato enough

Yeah, I've seen better argentine tango's, but Craig's "6" was just mean.

I hardly noticed Tyler dancing, so transfixed was I by Dianne in that!! I just adore her!!

ETA , I adore her so much, I spelt her name wrong, again 🙄. Fixed now.

I don't really understand foxtrot, but I loved that.

• Advertisement

I thought that it lacked something. Atmosphere or something.

Jesus - legs, coats, dresses flying everywhere!!

Found it hard to actually watch the dancing in that one. Utterly distracted by the costumes.

I don't know what arrangement of "Wicked Game" the band were playing but I didn't like it.

That's not to say Hamza and Jowita weren't great, but the music put me off. As did the crowd clapping.

I'm finding the crowd clapping this year to be a little distracting, sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I loved that. Ok it was very dark but it was great.

God almighty!!

That was like a war dance or something!

i was NOT expecting that.

It was great though!

I totally get what Shirley and Anton are saying about Fleur.

Nikita and Ellie spent half that dance posing with props and walking around the floor. ?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Oh . Ellie and Nikitas dance was weird . Too much faff

Oh. Dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I thought it was inventive, if nothing else.

Are these couples choice dances just turning into showdances, but just not in the final?

I thought they were meant to be street commercial, something else, or something else (can't remember what the other two are)?

I mean that was nice, but what on earth was it?

Loved that.

Johannes and Ellie looked like they were really enjoying themselves and not over thinking it...

Plus the music was on theme, which helps.

Loved that !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought the show was all over the shop tonight. Crazy marking (Tony got one less than Will).

Very little chacha in Tyler's dance yet the judges loved it.

Fleur was quite manic.

Mollie & Carlos - that was not an argentine tango. The costumes were distracting, it was too fast, no A frame, not enough tension, yet the judges loved it.

My fav was Kym and Graz, although it didn't have the passion they normally want in a rumba. Second fav was Ellie and Johannes, although...

Totally agreed with @HeidiHeidi about couple's choice. They used to give a dance style and now it's just a showdance, which ultimately takes away from the actual showdances at the end.

Very unclear who will go but presume a mid-table couple.

Genealogy Forum Mod

I went looking to see what the Couples Choice dances should be (if they should be anything) - it started in 2018, and they had to be one of Street Commercial, Modern, or Theatre/Jazz - well, those rules seem to have gone right out the window! It's a free-for-all, watered down showdance these days from what I can see.

There's a lot of giving out online, that there should be one week devoted to Couples Choice dances, instead of randomly dropping them in against the traditional dances, and I have to say I wholeheartedly agree (or else drop the idea altogether, I'm not a fan of most of them - Faye Tozer's one was fab, and who will ever forget Rose and Giovanni's - but I don't really remember any others! Although I do remember Karen being an absolute banger at the Street Commercial vibe, and Dianne is great in that as well.)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Fleur & Vito - wtf was that hot mess supposed to be? (shakes head)

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Advertisement

Fluer always looks manic , she over dances or something I can even put my finger on it .

Advertisement