Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android app hanging

Options
  • 04-08-2022 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Hi I am trying to log in through my android app and it is hanging. It asks for the 3 digits of my pin. I enter them, hit submit, the dots on the pin digits then grey out. And..... Nothing, it just stays there and eventually I get bored and move away, and this counts as a failed login.

I can't login through the website because it wants confirmation through the app....

I have had my pin unblocked once already and am heading down that route again.

Are you aware of any current issues with the android app?

I use the app at least weekly usually and have not had this problem until the last few days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

I would advise that you clear the cache for the BOI Mobile App which you can do via the settings on your Android device, hopefully this should help.

If you need any further advice or assistance please feel free to get back in touch with us here and we'll certainly do our best to help.

Thanks, Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Hi, I'm having a similar problem with regards to the app and the app hanging.

I was just trying to pay for my weekly shopping on the SuperValu website a few mins ago, but the app will not validate the swipe to verify security.

I am receiving the notification from the BOI app that the request for payment has come through from SuperValu, but as soon as I click on the app to open it - the app immediately switches to "updating your app" and then back to the log in screen - which then loses the waiting for verification tab "there is nothing waiting for verification", which then invalidates the security request, which means I have to cancel the payment verification on the SuperValu website... which then means I have to redo the order again... only for the same thing to happen 3 times in a row.

I have now received a txt on my phone stating that "Several unsuccessful strong customer authentication (SCA) attempts were made on your account. For security, we will block your account after ONE more failed attempt".

What am I suppose to do now?

If I attempt to pay for my shopping again - and the security verification log in between SuperValu and the BOI app gets bugged again, my account is going to be blocked.

I tried logging into my account thinking that something was wrong, but just like the poster above states "I enter them, hit submit, the dots on the pin digits then grey out. And..... Nothing, it just stays there.... and this counts as a failed login".

If I attempt to log into my account again to check if things are working - and the app hangs again, I will be blocked.

How long do I have to wait now before trying to pay for the shopping or before trying to log into my account again, so that it will not count towards the failed log in attempts?

I deleted the BOI app and reinstalled the app and had to go back through the setup up process for some reason - which states that I now have to wait 4 hours for the changes to take effect.

I'm just trying to pay for my shopping... like I do every week... but seemingly not today. 

I don't need the added stress, worry and hassle of having my account blocked over simply trying to pay for food.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear this. If you have deleted, reinstalled and registered on the app again today after the 4 hour review you should have the facility to make online payments- please see this link for information on making online payments.

If you continue to have difficulty, or if you are locked out of your online banking please call our card payments team on 0818200362 and select option 3. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement