Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legal options

• 04-08-2022 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Advise needed.

My wife works in a large mostly empty office.

Most days she works it is either just her, or one other woman there.

A man came in not long ago asking about the charity they work for, But he started asking unusual questions about what certain rooms are for in the office, asking where she is from etc.

Unusual but maybe just an unusual person.

The last 2-3 weeks he is getting much worse, He is standing outside the building looking in the door, Walking by multiple times staring in.

I speak to my wife on the phone between her leaving the office and getting to the bus stop, as of yesterday that no longer works as after we got off the phone he arrived, got very much in her personal space and was asking all sorts of question on where her bus was going to, What was she doing at the weekend.

Today, He got to the door of the building and started blowing a kiss at her and the one other woman in the building.

I have told my wife to advise the Gards of this to at least make them aware, but blowing a kiss may be the closest thing he's done to harassment and I'm not even sure that would be taken seriously. everything else he's doing is certainly weird/unusual but nothing that i think we can report.

I just want to make sure there is some sort of record of this with the Gards should this get worse.

Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

report him to the gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭phildub

Absolutely report him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That's stalking and that's about to become a criminal offence. If he has no legitimate reason to be there I'd definitely report it to the Gardai and also to management in her job. They have a duty to provide a safe and secure workplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

He's trespassing - report him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Gardai will definitely take it seriously. They will probably have a word with him and hope that resolves it, which it probably will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 sicarr

Thank you all for your advise, Really appreciate it.

Steps now being taken to end this before a bigger situation arises.

Advertisement