Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭GidCudi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Sure In truth most of the crowd yearn for that 2010 stench

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Top half of the line up could be from 2016 or so.

no real new international acts on the line up.

a few “gets” of acts that haven’t played here in years like Iggy, Jessie ware and max richter. Besides that stale enough in my opinion.

plenty of bankable acts that have history of selling tickets though.

He was announced this morning for another august bank holiday festival in europe hence the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I think Lorde is a get but wouldn't be a major fan myself. Will be interesting to see how Max Richter at a festival works. Who do you reckon are the bankable acts out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Yup way too diluted ...but add to it there seems to be a cap on what people are willing to pay for the price of tickets around that €240-260 mark.

Full EP tickets back in 2012 were €240 ...granted they did price themselves out of it that year, festival ticket prices have barely budged here while big gigs prices have gone way up never mind general inflation

• Registered Users Posts: 25 CorkScot

Happy enough with that. Have spent the last few months counting down to the summer festival season, so they have done a good job in a crowded market I reckon. Few guitars added which will please some of my troops.

Ezra Collective on Saturday afternoon with the first IPA of the day? Lorde was a bit outta the blue, but saw a bit of her at Glasto (on the tv mind) and enjoyed it. Warmduscher, Black Country, New Road and Beak> are quality additions. Quite a few DJ sets (same at BTP) which I tend to avoid unless bladdered. Loads of electronica outwith that to cover the bases.

I can spend the new few weeks wondering what beers to bring now...

Tickets will be 240ish now from Thursday for ATN

Caribou, loyle carner, villagers, lankum all very bankable and sell thousands of tickets

Guess flipside of that is Lankum have already sold out 3 Vicar St gigs and 1 gig in Cork later this month. Can't remember if Villagers sold out Iveagh Gardens last summer, Caribou did as far as I know. I'd say first 2 might be bigger draws but guess people make their mind on acts in the round. Will be interesting to see if ATN sell out with the extra 5k tickets. Know they haven't sold day tickets yet but could be an option if its close to festival and not sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Lots of house/nicey-nice electronica but a distinct lack of techno.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Daniel Avery and Kelly Lee Owens should make up for that, plus Arcadia stage and Ava in the Woods still to announce.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Fairly content with that now I have to say. Probably up at the 20+ stage for acts I'd go and see and that's without doing any digging into the unknowns of which there are a good few.

A complaint of mine last year was that after a certain time the music all felt very electronic and heavy, while still very heavy electronic focused I much prefer the djs on offer this time around. Todd Terje, James Murphy, **** Robot, Palms Trax, Chaos in the CBD and Daphi all nice additions personally.

Definitely enough there to fill my weekend and some big hitters who I'd look forward to so can't ask for more being realistic. The big gaping hole would be a large guitar band for the main stage, think we've always had one or two in the past but Iggy Pop aside it seems like it's lacking a bit on that front.

Still can't see why there was such a delay to their lineup as there doesn't seem to be any great big secret act announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I'd imagine there's a final "main announcement" due in June / July, to help push any final ticket sales, can't remember if there was any "big" acts announced late last year, 2019 they announcement Orbital right before the festival, I still think there's a surprise or two left. My inner optimist has spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

From memory they don't seem to add many if any additional acts to these stages but just say who (of the already announced acts) will play these stages. Maybe wasn't that way for both but certainly feel like that happened with either the AVA or arcadia stage last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭crl84

As always! Irish festival bookers generally seem allergic to putting techno acts on their lineup, instead opting for dozens of same-y house/disco ones instead. In fairness to EP, at least they've booked a few harder acts in recent years, even if they're more on the Business Techno end of things, with Amelie Lens, 9x9, I Hate Models, VTSS, Helena Hauff, Tommy Holohan, Paula Temple, Adam Beyer and others announced in recent years.

Plenty of the usual Irish suspects on the ATN lineup with their overplayed disco edits too, but at least we've been spared Mother DJs this time.

In addition to Avery and KLO, Robert Hood might bang out something harder depending on his mood, but as bd says, hope probably lies in the AVA/Arcadia lineups. Just hope those are actually additional names, and not lineups made out of existing names. Fjaak, Perc, Sunil Sharpe, Tommy Four Seven or a few of their ilk and I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Same, struggling to see a single act on that lineup that caused a delay due to embargo, Lorde has already been booked for other festival slots, unless of course the embargo is still in place and the act yet to be added to lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Hard not to be a little disappointed overall, would have liked more bang for my buck. The headliners bar Iggy and Caribou are a bit meh for me but still a good few there I'm looking forward to seeing and there's plenty of bands I just don't know so I'll enjoy discovering them. I'm buzzing about Caribou, Warmduscher and James Murphy and more than happy to go and see Iggy, Lankum, Jessie Ware, Daniel Avery. I'll pick a few more out as I go along.

Just give me the weather now and I'll be sorted.

Agree on your opening sentence (and Mother DJs comment)! EP does book harder techno but i find alot of those peeps descend into cheese throughout their sets. Or they just don't go anywhere with the mix. Hard and fast isn't enough, it's the music around the beats that's the key.

@bodhrandude Personally i wouldn't put Daniel Avery or Kelly Lee Owens in the Techno camp but hey-ho... I know @Ferris_Bueller thought it got very heavy after dark last year but i couldn't find anything to scratch that itch, either at Arcadia or AVA. No one i saw really went for it, just plodding along on the same bpm and style no matter who was playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

The Facebook comments are particularly hilarious today.

• Advertisement

Pity the poor social media admin. You'd swear they look after the bookings for commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

It's great as it keeps away those kind of festival goers 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Recommendations for good indie/alt-rock playing?

Bar Villagers who I enjoy, most non-EDM I've looked at on Spotify playlist are either punk/post-punk/singer-songwriter.

Listened to the BCNR Live Album earlier and quite enjoyed it mind.

If Beak or Warmduscher aren't your cuppa (and i suspect they're not) i'd suggest Really Good Time, Onion Boys and Cruel Sister. Maybe The Clockworks? Or Sack?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yeah, not sure where your cut off is between indie and Post punk but Warmduscher have some great stuff, as do Sprints. Cruel Sister has a lovely 80's shoegazey sort of feel to her stuff, some proper Cocteau twins vibes, Clockworks from Galway more straightforward indie but some very catchy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

I've been to all ATNs and loved it every year but there isn't a lot on that line up that's getting me excited. If I can bag a campervan ticket for Forest Fest, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Thanks. Listened to some of Warmduscher yesterday and they sounded interesting. Will give Beak, Cruel Sister and others a try today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Got over the initial disappointment of the announcement and have enjoyed wading through some of the acts suggested above.

Warmduscher sounds like he could be great craic. Also Cruel Sister and Sack (Keane meets Feeder vibes off them...well, the song I heard anyway). Biig Piig have some great tunes as well, had never really listened to them before.

Gave Onion Boys a whirl, but reminded me a bit of Gilla band, whom I can't get into (much as I have tried).

Plenty more work to be done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭RINO87

There can be some surprises from the nicey-nice electronica guys tho...

Christian Löefflers set from last year turned out to be banging!

I might be going out on a limb here...but Ket seems to be the substance of choice at the moment and it's certainly influencing the music. If Albert Hofmann had more of an influence again the music would.be totally different!!

In my opinion.....feel free to disagree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

had this playlist on in the car driving to work this morning, will be the soundtrack for my daily commute for the next few weeks for sure :D

Advertisement