Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

On this.. 'More' -> 'Favorites' has a far better view..

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

I doubt it, this was only officially done the first year and was well announced no word on it this year. A local fella did a few runs up and down the following year I think.

The main entrance which can't be used during the fesitval makes it about a 2 or 3km walk down to the village but using gate 5 like you had to last year your talking about a 2km walk out to the gate and then about another 6 r 7km down to the village on not the most inviting of roads.

Taxis were running down to the village last year too but think they were charging a nice few pound for a short spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

My brain can't fully take in the stage times until I've seen it in a clashfinder type layout so have updated some of the clashfinder made by cl84 which can be found here: https://clashfinder.com/s/atn2023/

Some stages don't seem to be on the app yet such as AVA in the woods, Sim Simma, Live on the Lawns, All Curious Minds but most are up there.

In terms of gaps of where new acts could go if there are any left to announce.. It's mainly early in the day on the main stage or large tents. Definitely a lot of gaps on Sunday yet to be filled I assume. The main stage doesn't start until 4.00pm on Sat & Sun, that can't be right can it? Started at 3 last year (even that seems late).

There is a Special Guest down for the Lovely Days (previously Road to Nowhere) stage on the Friday night, guessing a DJ.

Then on Sunday night it says Iggy Pop closes the main stage at 11.30. Any chance we could be getting a final headliner to play after him? Underworld didn't even start until 12.15 on the Sunday last year. 2019 main stage went on until 12.30. Probably won't be getting another act to fill that role but seems very early to finish up on the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

Surely Iggy gets more than an hour? Seems far too short for a main headliner? But disappointed he's on the sunday as I'm normally taking it pretty handy the last day, but Friday and Saturday are packed for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Thanks for the Clashfinder, i was looking at it earlier and it had nothing on it. Now i can see what's what. No clashes, but then there's not much i want to see.

I didn't know Thee UFO were playing (also in the Workmans Cellar, Sat, 22 July). Fans of the Osees should check 'em out.

Surprised Beak are on at 11.30, was sure they'd be an early evening slot.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Gillman1998

Question from a first-timer, how do you find your way around the site? I downloaded the app last week which had a lovely interactive map but that has disappeared now that I’ve updated for 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Phishwax

Map will be back. Still a good 3 weeks left. Couple of updates I suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dunph

There will be a map on the app, the main site isn't hard to navigate, small tent > big tent > main stage, some of the smaller stages/areas can be a little tricky to find but you get the feel of it quickly. If you have time for a wander on friday whenever you don't have a place to be its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭deeks

Maybe I've missed a previous discussion about this but I'm assuming the Lovely Days stage is the old Road to Nowhere tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Dunph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Gillman1998

That’s a good idea, thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭crl84

Thanks for doing the heavy lifting!

I added the times for the two Ealu Le Gra stages and Born Social stage this morning, not sure if they were there when you checked the app yesterday?

I think the app times are a work in progress and are being updated continually, as I spotted a couple of acts on the app missing from the clashfinder that @Ferris_Bueller did already, and also a couple of acts have been added in the last couple of hours on the app for the 3 stages I did this morning. Expecting a few of the gaps to get filled up on the app throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Boooourns

One of my favourite gigs of all time was the osees in Whelans so will definitely check out your recommendation.

Disappointed James Murphy is on 1am Sunday/Monday, was hoping he'd be on an earlier slot over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

How strict are they on converted vans to campers?

I was hoping to bring a small van that I've installed a bench that pulls out to a bed in the back, no other modifications, but I just saw on the site they mention it should have a sink too etc....

Looking at his setlists on this tour, seems to do 13 songs usually, but sometimes as little as 10.

Had 1hr 5mins at Rock Werchter (di 13 songs), so looks like 1hr at ATN is probably right.

E: actually, I see at some other gigs, he's done an encore. Seems to be a standard 13 songs set usually, then up to 5 others (always the same) if there's time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I guess you get lucky or unlucky. The guys parked next to us last year had a hiace with a mattress in the back last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Murphys dj sets are very niche and I am not sure it's going to go down well among everyone who will need a last lift before the festival ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I've only heard him DJ in Despacio, with the Soul Wax lads, and it was hours and hours of funky house music. Was excellent in the smaller setting of that tent, and with that sound system.

What stage he set to play on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jellybeano

Le Boom will hit that spot for me. On the same time as James Murphy. Their energy was insane at BTP 🔊🔊🔊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,005 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'm aiming for the same as yourself, small converted van, it fits all the criteria though, I honestly don't see it as an issue. They might be a bit stricter on the Thursday night possibly? But when it's busier say early Friday morning, I'd say we'd be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Same, Despacio was amazing. Saw it at EP 2015 and also caught it in Roundhouse London before, one of my favourite dance music experiences by a mile. Not sure what to expect him playing solo but he is closing out the Something Kind of Wonderful stage on the Sunday according to the app, 1am-3am. I reckon I will copy jellybeano and hit Le Boom instead as they were the highlight of BTP and will be a much needed energy boost at that time on Sunday night!

I know this forum usually leans towards bands but for those electronic music inclined some other DJs I plan on catching over the weekend:

Barry Can't Swim - only heard him recently, playing twice on the Friday, a live set first and then a DJ set on the AVA stage later presumably.

Skatebard - just announced for AVA in the woods yesterday.

Moving Still b2b with Coy Haste of Caribou - not sure what to expect but listened to a few sets from Moving Still lately. This one below is amazing!

Palms Trax - one of my fav DJs and has numerous great ones on youtube, can be hit and miss though depending how heavy he goes, fear a set at 1am he might go too heavy for me.

Then throw in the big hitters like Todd Terje, Jamie XX, Caribou, James Murphy etc.. it is going to be a weekend dominated by dance music for me but I am going to embrace it!!

Times for AVA in the Woods are on the app now

Some more acts added to the smaller stages too, and times changed for acts on The Well on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Oh ya the whole Despacio thing was amazing but he's been to body and soul a few times just himself and maybe EP ands its been a bit underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

I've seen him 3 or 4 times and i've never lasted more than 20 minutes. A total snooze.

@Ferris_Bueller i tried all of those sets you posted and they just confirmed that i definitely won't be anywhere near them. But we both knew that already i guess! 😉

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Thanks for that. Overpriced daily bus it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Its not my thing either , but that Barry Cant Swim set was 'pretty banging!!' 👌🖖

😂

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Same, but I'll be all over: the Queen of Electro, Helena Hauff. Dark, gritty and relentlessly funky.

Spray B2B Sally C. Two of Ireland's finest purveyors of house music. Spray recently has been blowing up in the European underground club scene with his 90's prog house revival type sound:

Overmono are top of my list. The sound of summer 2023 for me (everyone is dropping their tracks in their sets lately). Amalgamating some of the best aspects of all the different flavours of rave music over the years in a hefty, emotive and cathartic way, without being cheesy and remaining absolutely banging. It's a live set at ATN, I'm so unbelievably excited for this:

Finally, special mention to two hometown heroes: Long Island Sound and Ema. My two personal highlights of All Together Now 2022. Both played legendary sets that are still talked about to this day. Ema at Arcadia Saturday night and Long Island Sound on Sunday evening. Ema is an absolute legend doing serious bits in the UK bass/Dubstep world. She's one of the key figures in Dublin nightlife these days, and is getting increasing international recognition. Currently has a show on rinse.fm and is playing over in the UK quite a bit. Kind of music that really needs to be heard on a proper sound system (with subs) as it's very low-end heavy. Wubs for dayzzz:

Long Island Sound have similar vibes to Bicep with that kind of slower, deep euphoric sound. They sent me places last time at the AVA stage in the woods when they played for 3 hours. I had a list of bands to see that day but I ended up getting lost in the beats and missing everything else. No regrets:

While I'm at it may as well throw in CiCi as well. I've never seen her but she's been gaining a lot of traction recently. Believe she's a Dub who moved to Ibiza and worked her way up to playing in the massive clubs over there, now getting booked for a lot of festivals around the globe. She seems to mix it up with hefty rave sounds from across the dance music continuum: techno, breaks, garage. I'll definitely be trying to catch her as I'm partial a bit of the heaviness me self.

And of course, it goes without saying, but Minister Hood is a must see.

Yeah, Cici Cavanagh, she would have played all the usual festivals over the last 10+ years here in Ireland, usually mid/low on the bill. Didn't know she was in Ibiza and making waves, fair play to her.

Similar to her on a techno/breaks/electro style is LB aka Labat. Playing at the same time as Robert Hood unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Ruanmcg

Damn I like the sound of that. Annoying that they're clashing considering how little Techno there is on the lineup. Actually someone I forgot about is Dylan Fogarty. He's a young lad but he's deadly, plays and producers this kind of 90's hard-groove techno sound that the younger gen seem to love these days. Think he's playing in the Eula le Gra area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

jeez .....

What a load of .... tripe. ⬆️⬆️

Sorry , to those that are 'into' it ... But thats aural sh1te....

Ok for 20mins for us that are'nt drugging , but after that its just an assault on your ear/brain/senses ........

THE worst type of 'music' out there......... in MY opinion ...........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Advertisement