Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

"Sorry can't evacuate the building, waiting on a festival announcement, save yourselves!" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,003 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Line up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

@Fanirish you called it ........ 👏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

Sugababes is random. Are the top 3/5 acts headliners? There'd be 9/10 I'd like to see there depending on clashes. Not blown away but early days too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭homosapien91

Happy enough with that, we got Iggy :D Sugababes is very random but should be good all the same

Is the POD in association with Aiken new too? Or was that always the way it was? Thought they were always separate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Oh man that's crushingly disappointing. Iggy, Cruel Sister and Daniel Avery at an absolute straw clutching push, but nothing there that i'd go out of my way to see. Damn.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

If facebook groups are well moderated there generally isnt a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭fillup

Last time I saw Iggy was 1988 in National Stadium

Thought he was an old man then - he was 41

At ATN he will be 76

And yes I'll be there to get reacquainted

• Advertisement

Aiken got involved after John Reynolds death, involved since 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I'm delighted with that. Iggy, Jamie XX and Caribou are all headliners I wanna see.

As a headliner combo, this trumps anything EP has done since LCD/ Chem Bros/ Noel G/ New Order in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭RINO87

In fairness I was front and centre for the Sugababes when they played Oxegen (07, I think), it was a good party!!

Iggy, Daniel Avery and Tourist the only other ones that really do it for me on first impression. Lankum at a festival should be good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Iggy isn't a fair swap to Nick Cave.

Was expecting you to get M83.

No big selling point for Joe Soap which may be good for you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Ah I know - I forgot the date and thought it had already happened. We're two gigs in the hole by Saturday (The Cure 3Arena, Tim Reaper Ulster Sports Club) and I suspect Friday night will be a messy one!

Honestly 2022 line up suffered from Nick cave as it limited budget for other headline acts. Top 5 acts in 23 stronger overall than 22

I would strongly disagree. On paper, i would take Nick, Underworld, King Gizz and Groove Armada over this years all day long.

Opening announcements for Irish 2023 festivals have been uniformly shite so far imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Nick Cave - Iggy

Underworld - Jamie xx

Groove Armada - Caribou

Jungle - loyle carner

King Gizz - villagers

I don't know I think last year dropped more money on their topline. Of course if you think it's stronger overall I get music is subjective.

I think there's a nice mix of acts there. Pretty happy with Iggy pop, Villagers, The Scratch, Jamie Xx, all of whom I've never actually seen live before.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Peesh89

I'm one happy gal with that lineup lads.. had to sell my Lankum ticket for next Saturday and The Scratch are always unbelievable. Both were on my lil post-festival-survey Irish acts suggestions as far as I can remember.

Caribou, Daniel Avery and Tourist as well. Delighted.. Mr. Avery is good pals with Haai, would love to see her back. Now if you could all please pray for me.. we've our first baby on the way in May. 70% sure I'll laugh at my past self for thinking I could go to a festival after about 12/13 weeks. But I have hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Billy Bragg is a fantastic add.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I like that announcement @Dreamweapon maybe your taste is just a tad too eclectic these days for a lineup to satisfy. My top picks Iggy (always good and keeping active, was great in 2007 at EP), Caribou (always delivers a good set), Jamie XX (always pretty decent enjoyed him both at FF and Life Festivals) Daniel Avery live should be immense like Jon Hopkins and Four Tet. Tourist blew me away at the Body and Soul Village main stage when he closed it on Sunday night at the EP 2013. Sugababes should be good craic and two great trad acts in Lankum and The Scratch. Saint Sister must be on ATN's speed dial as they have played every year. For me that's a pretty decent first announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Max Richter is a classical artist, and a highly respected one at that. Some Sunday afternoon classical music sounds great to be honest.

@bodhrandude I dunno, Last year's lineup was tasty enough. You seem to place Iggy solo on a par with The Stooges, whereas they're two very different beasts. The latter were phenomenal the few times i saw them. Iggy solo, nowhere near. Caribou, Jamie XX and Tourist all dull, bland electronica that does feck all. Lankum and The Scratch resolutely not my cuppa. Where's a decent guitar act a la King Gizz, or Mogwai the year before that? Just hope the undercard brings something as this is such a nosedive after last years lineup.

Is he a fit for a festival tho? I do say that having never seen him live. If they got him in one of the stages in the woods for a small set after his main one I'd check it out alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

He (BB) played one of the tents at EP some years back and was fantastic.

Seen him at a smaller venue and it worked better, but he'll be great regardless.

Decent first announcement, plenty more to come sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

He curates the Left Field stage at Glastonbury every year and usually does a couple of sets. I'm sure he'll manage alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Hi all - first time going to ATN this year. We are hoping to book a pre pitched tent - do you have any recommendations? Yippee tent for 4 looks like alright value but is that in the area with showers etc or is that not such a big deal at ATN as it is at EP?

• Advertisement

Guess I should have said is he a fit for ME at a festival :) Guess i'll find out!

Advertisement