Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Pole needed for Fibre.

Options
  • 05-08-2022 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I order the installation of Fiber from Eir. The KN engineers could not do the install because of large trees on private property across the current copper cable. They have applied for the installation of a new pole to be placed on the side of the public road to carry the fibre to the house Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the processing of an order for a pole to it's actual erection . I don't know if it's a routine occurrence or the beginning of a long drawn out process. Thanks .

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

KN Networks might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Hi Quartz, sorry for jumping in here but what is the process to order fibre from Eir?

New house here, rang Eir and was told they don't have a live line for me. No clear application online to get a connection unlike ESB which is very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Neighbor had to have a pole to get fiber in. Took about a month for it to be installed but that was about 18 months back.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

I ordered Fiber from Eir and when the KN technicians arrived they said a pole was necessary to avoid some large trees. To be fair I would agree with their view. The told me that it would take about two weeks . I dont know what other people experience was with waiting for a pole ....do they have to seek permission from council or might their be other services buried where the pole is to go etc

KN told me the pole would be up in two weeks but a call to Eir said the forecast was middle of November ...they didn't say which year and that's what I feared .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

They have processes in place with the local council for the erection of poles (NBI have the same). If I remember correctly it depends on where the pole is going, but if it's outside the property boundary then the roads authority needs to be informed.

Thank you. Does that tend to become a long process .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

I know for NBI, you're looking at 2-4 weeks (anecdotally), but they have tighter SLAs for that sort of thing than OpenEir do (as I understand it), so I can't say how long you should expect. I'm surprised KN and Eir are differing on.

Advertisement