Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-reader with very low light settings for night reading

Options
  • 05-08-2022 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Have kindle with reverse colour mode which works well at night( light is so dim it doesn't keep me awake) . I'd like to download books from borrowbox (local library) but can't read on the kindle as kindle has proprietary format. Anyone recommend an ereader that has really dim settings or reverse screen(black background with white font).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

My kobo ereader has a dimmible light that works well for me, no reverse screen on my model.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bellie1

Thanks. Have a second kindle without reverse lighting and tbh even the dimmest setting is a little to bright for me . Been reading about the Kobos and they have a red light setting ? So maybe that would work if also.at a very low light setting . The Kobos Libra h20 on Argos has good reviews. Which one do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭granturismo

I have a Kobo Glo, its possibly a Kobo Aura N514, several years old and doesnt have a red light setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Sorry, Still haven't bought one. Black Friday is looming so may do some research then ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

If borrowbox uses ePub then the Kindles now support it when you send the book to your kindle e-mail address

I just googled ,that was brought in this year. Happy days!

Then again, my Kindle is acting up the past week so reckon will have to wipe again . It's annoying how buggy they can be.

But still the best option for choice of books, especially now with the epub change

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tech_Head

Yep, they are pretty good. Hopefully that works for you and you can get your existing Kindle sorted. That way you don’t have to buy a new unit and you can keep access to your purchased Kindle books too (if you have any).

Only got around to trying to send borrowbox books to my kindle. Unfortunately because of the DRM , it cant be concerted to suitable format . So back to the drawing board and looking at getting a Kobo..Assume no issues reading borrowbox books on those. I might check in local library as they'll surely know which e-readers are suitable.

Advertisement