Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Buying Escarow

Options
  • 05-08-2022 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi.

I'm a cautious car buyer and I have seen an Irish plated SUV overseas at a good price. The seller suggested using: SJSTrans.co.uk

Has anyone heard of the company before? Or had personal experience with them?

I am not being pressured by the seller to pay now, the car checks out with the sellers provided information & details on Cartell Check. Everything seems above board & legit.

Invoice received from SJS Trans matches the sellers information. The company is registered in the UK with a legitimate bank account & tax reported history. I haven't been able to contact them by phone yet. (Shipping company that is) The T&C's on the shipping company also favour the buyer.

Thoughts & advice appreciated.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Why is an Irish reg car for sale overseas would be one of the first things I'd be satisfying myself the reason for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

I wouldn’t go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,510 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

"I haven't been able to contact them by phone yet."

That might be a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

The country is flooded with SUV’s for sale here why bother go on that hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭cml387

The minute you hear "escrow" it's 100% a scam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

scam

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Escrow you out of your money.

Advertisement