Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW1 Matchday thread

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭BobDole22

52 Points only Wilson(C) Haaland and James contributed really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

In past seasons perhaps - but can you say that when most of us will have 4 playing subs who are bargain based prices - you can have Ward, Williams/Patterison and Pereira/DaSilva, Greenwood etc who will should all be game time this season.

Also one thing that is often overlooked, when people talk about their BB points, would you really have xyz on bench if it wasn't a BB? some people for instance i've seen played Bailey but benched Zinchenko - would you do that if wasn't BB? if you had Haalnd, Martinelli and Darwin on bench and played it - could you say it's a successful BB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Well the cheapest playing striker is 6m, so that's 1.5m gone already. I'd expect Leicester to sign a goalie, so you're up to 2m. Of course other players could emerge but I'm happy having it out of the way.

I'm someone who played Bailey over Zinchenko, thats exactly what i would have done if I wasn't on BB, otherwise you're just codding yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭macraignil

Kieffer Moore played 90minutes and scored in game week one and is only 5.5million if you want to save another .5mill. Not sure if he will keep his place in the team. Tried reading up on his history with Bournemouth and I think last season was disrupted for him by injury but his scoring rate was great for them. Tough fixtures in the next few but will be considering him myself if he looks to be holding his place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Perhaps the cheapest starting forward is 5.5/6 but there are forwards at 4.5m who will see game time - I would hazard a guess that Sam Greenwood at Leeds will get minutes in every game and will start some as well - only for a great Sa save, he would have had an assist at the weekend.

Why did you spend 5m on Zinchenko if you see him as a bench player? With the amount of 4.5m playing defenders in the game it seems a waste of 0.5m in him, as with 5 subs this year unless a player is injured it's likely they will get game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Because I wasn't buying him for one game, likewise Trippier will most likely be on my bench for GW3. I thought Bailey would get more against Bournemouth

Advertisement