Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Loss on Peloton?

• 06-08-2022 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone!

Had my peloton for around a month now and absolutely love it. Found I am a huge fan of the 45-minute rides and definitely gravitate towards Wilpers or Alldis for my instructors.

I am riding around 4 days a week now and was just wondering what other people's experiences were with losing some weight while using the peloton.

Full disclosure I am 5'-foot 10-inches and 185 so not drastically overweight but definitely could use to lose some lbs and was hoping this would be a great way to do just that and have some fun!

Understand this will not be overnight results but would definitely be interested in other individuals' experiences.

Thanks!

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Cill94

I’ve not used Peloton but weight loss is just a matter of burning more calories than you consume. So you could either ramp up the workouts or eat less calories.

The nutrition part is often an easier tradeoff in terms of time/energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭TheRona

From pure view of calories in/calories out, you would probably burn about half a pound of fat a week from the exercise you're doing.

After a month, you should have lost a couple of pounds, assuming nothing else changed with your food intake etc.

Advertisement