Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork traffic

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,267 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Wee bit cheeky of the crashed spaceship management telling people to park at Kent Station car park.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/arid-41416936.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Something weird going on in this thread. I can see that there's a new post but I can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Yeah saw there was a new post but only seeing it now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

There was a new post earlier today about somebody driving on a footpath or something. Must have been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,388 ✭✭✭ofcork

Thats still there on the previous page I posted that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Big work happening on Patrick's Street to repair the state of the street which is good. Won't be able to go northbound for 6 weeks I think. Be nice to see the city being repaired again, but I imagine traffic won't be great. Might be a good opportunity to start enforcing the Panaban permanently once done maybe?

I'd love to see the ban 24 hours and enforced, with a delivery window in the morning for commercial vehicles only.

At this stag I reckon a lot of people flouting the ban don't even know that there is one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

literally witnessed 4 cars in a row yesterday doing the illegal right turn at Opera house … maddening

That pretty much happens every light sequence.

So Patrick's Street is closed entirely in one direction and to all but busses in the other direction (buses have to enter on the wrong side of the road at the north end of the street). You might think that this would stop cars from driving on Patrick's Street. You might 😏

Edit, traffic seems to be allowed enter from Academy to go Southbound.

Post edited by the beer revolu on

• Advertisement

Red light breaking :

This morning I stopped at a red light by the former Sextant. A car in an adjacent lane flew through the red light, I'd say about 3 seconds after the red light. I'd say the lights turned red (not amber) when they were 15 or 20 metres from the stop line and they still chose to proceed!

A while later I was coming out of The Square in Ballincollig. I was stopped at the red lights. The driver of the car in front of me was stopped at the lights but didn't want to wait. From a stopped position, they decided to proceed through the lights as there was no traffic coming. The weren't on the cusp of changing, or anything. They just didn't want to wait!

Advertisement