Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were you ever compared to a serial killer?

Options
  • 06-08-2022 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭

When you think about it; if you're male, straight, white, single, and shall we say serious looking... then that's enough to be compared to a serial killer for a lot of people. I can be quite meticulous too, so it's another thing I've to watch... given that I'm also all of the above. I often like to watch pretty women from a far... so if I'm too much of a starrer this could give the wrong impression.

I remember two bouncers once joking with me that I reminded them of a particular serial killer. I wasn't offended being honest. They said that there was something unusual about how I looked about 19 until I started talking, but then came across as if I was about 30. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

I think using phrases like "I often like to watch pretty women from a far" is what makes people think you're a serial killer.

And I mean, constantly creating trolling threads under multiple aliases probably indicates something unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Sweet Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey!!! Where do you come up with all this tripe? Do these nonsense threads just pop into your mind or do you work on them?

Let's just say your life experiences are not typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Notmything

Trolls don't have it easy. It takes work to come up with threads like this

It puts the lotion on its skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭HazeDoll

I remember this contributor's thread under a different alias some years ago, when he asked boards.ie if we thought he a had a future in radio. As a sample, he submitted a recording of himself leaving a skincrawlingly creepy voicemail for a girl he fancied.

I think the tactic is to gleefully present himself as a bit of an oddball as a way of disguising just how deeply disturbing his thinking really is. Sort of hiding in plain sight. Giving the unpleasant tendencies an airing without going full psycho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,814 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Even the comic element has worn off. Sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

Agreed, I've always had the impression that the guileless, innocent oddball act is to hide the cynical, sociopathic oddball beneath

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just holy fcuk op ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

not a serial killer, no

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

OP : “When you think about it; if you're male, straight, white, single, and shall we say serious looking... then that's enough to be compared to a serial killer for a lot of people.”

Nurse !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Can't say that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Ah yes, today I will click on another quality Brid Hegarty thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I know this is another rubbish thread from the same rubbish OP but.............

I once went to the barber, who was a complete stranger, who asked me did I want him to shave my beard off. when I asked why, he replied.......

"It makes you look a bit like Peter Sutcliffe"

I kept the beard and found another barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,153 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Me no , but after watching programmes about serial killers I have noticed my ex wife could be one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

remember mr fegelian?

hmmmmmm ... 😏

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭HazeDoll

I'm old enough to remember Nigel Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A serial killer? No. But my work ID & drivers license have the "axe murderer" pose, which I'm proud of :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Apt user name then ....................... :)

Wheres Brid gone ??????

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Yes, but looking back I can see where they were coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Where can I hear this creepy radio presenter voicemail clip?

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Advertisement
Advertisement