Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plastering done wrong? Help !

• 06-08-2022 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello folks,

I am not a plasterers by any means but have done bits and pieces here and there. I am doing a room in our house and we have new insulated plasterboards all round. My son is helping and he misunderstood so when I arrived home from work 2 days ago he had already filled in the joints with bonding compound. He did that in the morning and when it was dry he put on the scrim over the bonding !! I need to skim it but am not sure this will be ok. What are my options? Its a large room.

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

has he just filled in the small gap between boards or has he actually completed the joints by filling in the bevelled areas flush with the rest of the board?

If its just the "cracks" then I would continue on as normal, if he has actually "completed" the joint? Is the tape bedded into anything at this stage?

You can probably just float over it and make a wider than normal joint (like probably 2-3 foot) to hide the raised area.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JonathanAl

thanks Greenbo, he has filled in the bevelled areas and put 4 inch scrim on top of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you are skimming the whole room, I think it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Le shovelle

Apply a bit of unibond (pva) to the bonded areas before skimming. It will help to stop the suction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Yeah, just skim over it as normal, but will need to feather out wider, like a butt joint.

• Advertisement
Advertisement