Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfer Thread, all aboard the Mitro express

Options
  • 06-08-2022 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I'll bank it this week as I hold Mitro and am happy to let Jesus sit for a few weeks. Thought of kneejerking off Bailey but there is not much around at £5.0m. Not a good start for Villa so reckon I wont be holding him for long regardless but need two free transfers to upgrade that position

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Mings out saliba in

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Perisic out, Zinchenko in. I think Perisic will do well but the Sessegnon goal might mean a week or two of 1-point cameos. I don't have Ramsey in goal so it's not an Arsenal double-up in defence for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I have Sessegnon and I think he may start v Chelsea but after that Perisic will be up to speed and he's done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No transfers for me this week, unless someone gets injured.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Might do Watkins to Mitro, thought Watkins would have been a starter.

Frees up funds too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Emerson at risk of losing his place to Doherty?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mitro in for me to replace Watkins who didn't start for Villa.

I think bringing in Saliba is a big mistake unless Arteta goes to three at the back, which I can't see happening. White is an England international and cost £50 million. He's not going to lose his place easily. I don't think there's any chance that Gabriel loses his spot either.

We seen this last year from Arteta with Nketiah not getting many starts despite looking excellent when he came on or started. It was only towards the end of the season that he got starts. Similar with Smith-Rowe who was in form when Martinelli was struggling but remained on the bench.

I think you'll see Saliba get minutes off the bench and games when there's injuries and eventually work his way into the team. I think it'll take quite a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Not going to get into it, but your logic doesn't make a pile of sense - your going to sell Watkins, who is an England International who cost 33m, because he didn't start, but you think that White won't be dropped, because he's an England International that cost 50m?🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

No chance, Saliba is 100% nailed on. White may start in place of Tomiyasu or as you dsay as part of a back three but there is no chance of him taking Saliba's place. What his transfer prioce or his nationality has to do with it I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

He's beating the same White drum as he did in the matchday thread and getting the same responses, sure look, he's entitled to his opinion I suppose.

• Advertisement

Different teams. Gerard going by last season is going to chop and change. Fact that a fit Watkins didn't start shows that. It's not like Ings is a bad option and it looks like it's going to be one striker for Villa this season. On top of that Mitro is a nailed on riser and will improve the value of my team.

I gave you history from last season with Arteta, amazing you didn't have anything to say about that but still say my logic doesn't make sense.

In the Premier League the player who cost a fortune gets more chances that the young lad coming through with most managers. Unless White makes mistakes he'll be starting whether it's two or three centre-backs.

I think Tomiyasu is nailed on when fit. White isn't a full back, did a good job playing out of position the other night. I'm confident he'll be starting at CB once Tomiyasu is fit.

I'm willing to have a wager on who starts in a back four when Tomiyasu starts. I'll go White, you go Saliba. If Gabriel gets dropped its a void wager.

Are you on for that?

If so is €100 okay?

I'll repeat once again a rebuttal against your logic, Arsenal recalled a 21 year old French international from loan as they intend to play him, White can play RB or in a 3 as stated above but you seem intent on saying he'll play every game due to his price tag. If that's the case Grealish should be playing every game as he cost 100 million but try telling Pep that.

Not betting as managers will naturally rotate at the start of the season but let's see who starts if Saliba maintains his form, the fans will call for him to start too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

How much did Saliba cost three seasons ago? Arsenal spent £30m on him as an 18 year old, your talking as if he was a free transfer. The manager will play the best players simple as that, anything elese is silly.

The suggestion that an merican owned, Spanish managed club could give two contiinentals to what nationality a player happens to be is laughable.

So you are not willing to put your money where your mouth is. So you really don't trust your opinion like I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

No transfers for me cos I might need to make three the week after !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Goodbye Harry

Hello Erling

• Advertisement

I won't do Son ---> Haaland for a -4.

MUST. RESIST. TEMPTATION.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Just done it there before the price rises, can’t watch Erling against Bournemouth without having him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Same.

Just wondering if Mount to Kulu is worth a hit

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mendy in.

Need a GK as now I don’t trust the budget duo. As poor as Chelsea were CS will be where they do well for me.

Yeah but you have no confidence in your own thoughts because the way you are talking you are stating you are right and I'm wrong.

I'm willing to put money on it. I'm only offering a small bet, if you want we can do €1000. That's how confident I am in what I'm saying.

So put you money where your mouth is or walk away. I don't care if it turns out I'm wrong so bookmarking my posts and quoting them down the line won't bother me.

And I won't be coming back at you when it's White starting and not Saliba.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oh ffs lads, cop the **** on.

Only issue with Haaland is Pep and his merry-go-round. Alvarez looked good when he played so you'd imagine he'll get some starts too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

True.

But not having him today dropped me a million places

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Grow up Eagle Eye. There's enough Gambling problems in the world without this type of ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Add the face that he took the pen today too, adds an extra few points and value on there too

Advertisement