Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Click Credit Card Cash Advance

• 07-08-2022 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi, I need to withdraw a relatively large amount of cash (€6,000) to buy a used car privately. For various reasons, it would suit me to withdraw this using my credit card account rather than my current account. Is this possible? I'm aware I will be charged a 1.5% transaction fee for this, but looking at the terms and conditions online they are relatively vague as to how much can be withdrawn, particularly in a single transaction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭beachhead

An expensive way to "borrow" money.How much is your credit limit? 6,000? Fees payable every month until "loan" is paid back.Easier to borrow off credit union and pay back quickly?They don't like to see loans paid back too soon after being taken out - lose interest and all that.Credit card fees might work out cheaper than credit union

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭fitzgese

Thanks I'm just looking to borrow short term, for 6 weeks or so until some money due to me will come through. I need to get a car for work related reasons before this unfortunately. Because I had been working abroad but paid through some odd mechanisms (nothing dodgy!) a regular loan may be a bit more difficult. Credit limit is north of 6,000 by a fair margin.

Advertisement