Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Timber Frame Detail Question

• 07-08-2022 4:26pm

So, I'm going to attempt to convert my garage on a shoestring. Step 1 is replacing the garage door with a door, window & timber frame wall. The wall will be stud frame with OSB either side (plus DPC, breather membrane, ventilation gap & cladding) sitting on a block wall (which I did a while back) 6 inches wide (really 135mm) & 150mm off the ground on which will sit the DPC.

My first question is, should the OSB on the outside overhang the block, or should it be in line with the block? (This will determine whether I use 100mm wide studs, or 125mm wide studs for the wall).

My second question is (if the OSB is overhanging the block on the outside) should the 150mm DPC also overhang the block to protect against splashes hitting the underneath of the OSB?

Third question is should the breather membrane extend lower than the OSB?

Below (hopefully) a couple of rough sketches to illustrate my project & wall detail with & without OSB overhang on the outside.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement