Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MET_SLT-FAIL

• 07-08-2022 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi folks,

I recently upgraded my 3.6 hybrid Solis inverter to a 6kw hybrid. Unfortunately it is not recognising the voltage from the strings and not converting it to AC. I unplugged the mc4 +- string from the invertor and confirmed the fireman switch is working.

I have followed all the steps and settings of the the previous model but no joy. I have a 3.6kw poly battery. It worked perfectly 30 minutes before I swapped it out the invertors.

The version I'm on is 3D0037

Model number 3105

Hopefully someone on this forum has come across it before.

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭con747

• Registered Users Posts: 9 volkswagengm4

Hi @con747

Thanks I previously reviewed that but does not help my situation.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

The meter is a RS485 connection to the inverter, Did you use the meter that came with the 3.6 hybrid?

It could be a configuration error and looking for the wrong device id

Hi @graememk

Yes I reused the same cable and meter from the 3.6. I would have thought there would be no configuration issue there. The meter can read the incoming from the grid , and the LCD screen recognises the incoming from the grid plus the battery supplementing the demand from the grid🤔

Hi Folks,

Got it sorted out. Thanks for the input

• Advertisement

Post the solution for anyone else who might encounter the same issue in the future.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MaxManners

Solis Hybrid Inverter error message MET_SLT-FAIL

Hi Volkswagengm4, can you please publish the solution as I have just installed the above and have the same error message

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Solar Cal

I have the same issue, has anyone resolved this?

I just sent the OP a PM to ask if they would post the solution here.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 benweston

I’ve just signed up to answer this question as I’ve fumbled through this error today.

you need to set the correct meter type, I wrongly assumed that the default setting of 1ph meter was correct but it isn’t, after installing and setting up the data logger the app actually gave a description as can be seen in the image.

I went to the advanced settings -> storage energy set -> meter set and changed the type to Eastron 1ph meter to match what I have installed and the alarm went away instantly and I have full info on my Home Screen about what power I’m using and where it’s coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 mswann35

Thank you so much for that. I've been scratching my head for the last 24 hours on this one.

Advertisement